Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid upgraded WT meals available

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, easyJet Plus
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
My next SEA flight is now F0 J0 W2 Y9 so it looks like even a AUP will be unlikely now and I might go for this.

A couple of questions (if anyone knows):

1) How long before the flight do I need to decide?
2) I'm fairly sue that chances of an OPUP will be zero if a meal is ordered but what about an AUP, could I still get one and what happens to the £18 spent on the meal in this case?

TIA
1) T-24 ( do before OLCI just in case)
2) can't answer
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SouthSwedish
Should we be worried that BA felt the need to get "Bread" printed on that bag?

Or was that to inform the crew in case they thought it was pasteurised eggs?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:41 am

Looks like these are being rolled out to select mid haul destinations in September.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
A new meal tray is available for sale as part of the World Traveller Pre-Paid proposition, called “Taste of the Far East” for delivery on board from 26 October 2015:

Vegetarian sushi featuring beetroot goat cheese maki, asparagus nigiri and fire roasted red pepper maki
Prawn crackers with sweet chilli sauce
Chicken pay ca paw with egg rice and wok fried vegetables
Green tea tiramisu
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I've just read this whole thread, and there seem to be 3 posts talking about the food, and 150 posts of cynicism.

Those 3 posts though following actually eating it were very positive, so I am tempted to do this for an upcoming WT flight to HKG with the family, I think it would be a nice thing to do, especially as we'll have dashed from the school gates and won't have any airport time.

Is there any evidence of this impacting POUGs? 5 of us travelling so it's highly unlikely I'd take it as it would probably be close to £1000, but I would be interested for solo flights.

Also I assume that 5 different passengers can choose 5 different meals?

Thanks
S

Last edited by snuffi; Oct 13, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by snuffi
I've just read this whole thread, and there seem to be 3 posts talking about the food, and 150 posts of cynicism.
Well

This must be a logistics nighthmare for the airline, crew and also for passengers. Good in theory but not in practise.

To serve 200+ pax lunch/dinner/breakfast in a short time is almost a miracle as it is now but for many years the airlines have got this right. You can't really turn an aircraft into some a la carte restaurant. At least not in long-haul economy.

I guess it all depends on crew/pax ratio and galley capacity.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are very few of these meals ordered but the ones that I have seen have been of a good quality.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:43 pm

Has anybody else noticed that the price for these has been dropped significantly? The prices have dropped to £10/£12 from £15/£18 respectively. Sign of popularity/unpopularity?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk StuckInWT, welcome in particular to the BA board. Thanks for pointing this out, I'm sure it will be of interest. I hope you'll make a resolution tonight to be active on this forum - welcome on board, and may you never be always stuck in WT.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInWT
Has anybody else noticed that the price for these has been dropped significantly? The prices have dropped to £10/£12 from £15/£18 respectively. Sign of popularity/unpopularity?
That is a great spot. I don't know if BA has charged me in advance for my enhanced meal offering - Vegetarian Kitchen (of which I will take photos and review next week following my flight) but it's annoying that the price has dropped significantly.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckInWT
It's interesting that the BA Food and drink webpage is showing prices between £15-£18 (http://www.britishairways.com/assets...-paid-menu.pdf) but on the MMB my options are listed at €14 (£10.53) - €17 (£12.78), so there's definitely been some price tweaking lately.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Just to add to this. Last week the meals were being advertised on MMB at £10-12. However, noticed on Monday that they were back to being £15-18.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
will this be available for LHR - KUL this August?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum
will this be available for LHR - KUL this August?
From BA.com:

Pay for a wider choice of indulgent meals when travelling in World Traveller (economy) to:

Eligible destinations include Abu Dhabi, Accra, Amman*, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baku*, Baltimore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut*, Bengaluru, Boston, Buenos Aries, Cairo*, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chennai, Chicago, Dallas Ft Worth, Denver, Dubai, Entebbe, Haneda, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Nairobi, Narita, New Delhi, New York - John F. Kennedy, New York - Newark, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Santiago, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul (Incheon), Shanghai (Pu Dong), Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv*, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington DC.

* Gourmet, Healthy and Vegetarian Kitchen options only
Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
there's a promotion running apparently (which a cynic might say means not many people are availing themselves of this service?...)

World Traveller Pre-Paid Catering Promotion

14 Jun, 2016

World Traveller Pre-Paid Catering Promotion
From 01 June to 14 August 2016, World Traveller customers will be able to book pre-paid meals at a discounted price.

Meals can be booked from -30 days, up to 24 hours before departure.

The pricing for the promotional period is as follows:

Gourmet Dining From £18 to £15
Taste of Britain From £16 to £13
Healthy Choice From £15 to £12
Taste of the Far East From £16 to £13
Great British Breakfast From £15 to £12
Vegetarian Kitchen From £15 to £12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.