Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by KARFA
sharp? we must be having different drinks
I’ve tasted plenty of overly acidic champagnes.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I’ve tasted plenty of overly acidic champagnes.
Indeed, the mental scars of monopole served on short haul still linger on

But we are talking about the specific sparkling wine served in the QF lounge vs the specific champagnes served in the BA and CX lounges.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Indeed, the mental scars of monopole served on short haul still linger on

But we are talking about the specific sparkling wine served in the QF lounge vs the specific champagnes served in the BA and CX lounges.
At risk of being pronounced exceptionally crass and uncultured, I would rather have the QF sparkling wine than the LP in Cathay or the Canard Duchene (?) in BA. A contributing factor is that I also prefer the style, food and coffee in the QF lounge.

If it were say Billecart Salmon or Bollinger served in CX, then yes I’d be in there in a heartbeat, but LP does not float my boat especially. The BA lounge, well they’d have to be serving La Grande Année again.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thank you for the quick response and helpful info.

I didnt catch an answer to question 4- do you know if I can get into the CX F lounge (or part of the lounge if its not technically a separate lounge) on the arriving OW F boarding pass?

The CX showers do look lovely. You'd consider the water to be Hot ?? One of my fav showers was QR lounge at SIN. They looked really nice like these CX ones also.

Btw I just looked and apparently AA is arriving at T5 now, which makes no sense since it says their Arrivals lounge is at T3 and I believe AA web site isnt showing it as closed. It must be closed since Covid or why would all their flights land at T5. So I guess my 3rd question is irrelevant.

Is it a really bad hike from T5 to T3? Worth visiting BA arrivals at T5 before heading to T3?

Thx
No idea re F access (it is a separate lounge) - Note the food / menu is not back to full strength in CX F.

If you were landing in T3, I would say read this https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ge-1/#comments

Apparently the AA arrivals lounge is rather nice.

Personally, if I am arriving at T5, skip the BA one (its not great) stay landside and go to T3. Shower there (AA or CX).
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
No idea re F access (it is a separate lounge) - Note the food / menu is not back to full strength in CX F.

If you were landing in T3, I would say read this https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ge-1/#comments

Apparently the AA arrivals lounge is rather nice.

Personally, if I am arriving at T5, skip the BA one (its not great) stay landside and go to T3. Shower there (AA or CX).
thats like 20 minutes for an arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:20 am

anybody ever do this ? https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...pping-transfer 250GBP min spend.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Amil
anybody ever do this ? https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...pping-transfer 250GBP min spend.
Is your purpose to do some actual shopping in another terminal or do you just want to use the lounges?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:45 am

Is your purpose to do some actual shopping in another terminal or do you just want to use the lounges?
im just curious but if I was in t5 for a long time id consider paying 250 GBP to fendi to spend time at another lounge lol
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:51 am

im just curious but if I was in t5 for a long time id consider paying 250 GBP to fendi to spend time at another lounge lol
why not use the time for a fun activity, like guessing how many floor tiles cover T5C, and then walking over and counting them? 😀
aks120, Amil, lsquare and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:55 am

why not use the time for a fun activity, like guessing how many floor tiles cover T5C, and then walking over and counting them? 😀

why do i feel like you know how many floor tiles cover t5C? lol
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:57 am

well i could tell you, but i don't want to spoil the surprise
wrp96 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
He'll have rated them as well. Stand by for the trip report!
Amil, wrp96 and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by markmac
Qantas does not serve champagne, only sparkling wine.
Cathay serves Laurent Perrier, not LPGS tho.
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Qantas serves Croser Sparking wine from the Adelaide Hills, which is rated 4/5 on wine-searcher.com and is on the richer end of sparkling wines and champagnes at 13% ABV. Personally I much prefer a decent sparkling wine to a cheap champagne and thought this was lovely. I understand if you are in QF F Perrier-Jouët comes out from under the table for you.
I've had the rosé of Croser, it is foul! I'd snap LP or Canard Duchêne out of your hand if those are the other choices. LP is anything but cheap. Nicolas Feuillate and Monopole, now those are cheap champagnes.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
thats like 20 minutes for an arrivals lounge.
True but my onward flight is out of T5 so I could do this. I hadnt realized one can go landside T5 to T3. However if I did that I guess just worth it to shower landside at CX not go to AA arrivals lounge.

Long wait for a shower though lol
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
9th July 2022 T3 Lounge Menus

Cathay

First Breakfast

First Daytime / Dinner

Cathay Business all day

Cathay Business drinks menu

Qantas

Brunch

Lunch/Dinner

Drinks Menu - Gin Bar (downstairs)

Amex

Cocktail

Dinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.