Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Yes the CX F is a nice little spot, although I wasn't impressed with the breakfast yesterday (runny poached eggs, non-crispy sausage, tea poured for me before it had a change to brew). Totally admit these are first world problems and mainly personal preferences however, not going to get too annoyed by them!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I thought my lunch in the CX F lounge in April was very good.

Not perfect (over salted asparagus, main course arrived while I was still enjoying the asparagus, starter plate not removed while I was enjoying the main course, slow top up of drinks- although the dining area was only 25% full, etc) but still a very pleasant experience and high quality food.

A higher class of experience than the BA GF lounge, although I enjoy the GF food and the better wine/champagne.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Another vote for the CX lounge.

Although there is something strangely (pathologically?) rewarding about lounge hoping and comparing and contrasting lounge offerings in T3 like an amateur travel journalist. If feels a bit like work which helps assuage the niggling sense that you might be wasting your life.....
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Dambus
Another vote for the CX lounge.

Although there is something strangely (pathologically?) rewarding about lounge hoping and comparing and contrasting lounge offerings in T3 like an amateur travel journalist. If feels a bit like work which helps assuage the niggling sense that you might be wasting your life.....
Indeed, I might write an article comparing and contrasting teh sausages in the T3 lounge breakfasts on my next T3 trip.

I personally like BA T3 GF for dinning (I prefer the food and the view as you eat) and then switch to CX for a relaxing drink with a view in a very comfortable chair.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of the CX Business Class lounge is now available here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-w-pics.html
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:16 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Latest Menus from CX F Lounge @ T3.

Had an 8-hr layover here today so we got to sample quite a bit of the awesome menu!!!!
Attached Images   
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
OWS flying J so relegated to business class lounges during early morning hours 0530-0915. Checked out all three lounges. I don't drink so no opinion or review of alcohol.

Breakfast
CX scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, etc.
AA scrambled eggs, sausage, beans, mushrooms, etc.
BA egg rolls, bacon rolls

All had pastry, bread, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice, etc.

Best coffee CX and BA IMO.

CX J lounge was empty and very quiet.
BA lounge the busiest.

CX and AA lounges very new, whereas BA lounge looks tired.

BA lounge is always very warm, whereas CX and AA are comfortably cool.

All lounges had both sparkling and still water.

CX wins hands down on aesthetics and comfort IMO.

My personal opinion for J lounge in the morning from best to worst; CX, AA, and then BA

CX J lounge doesn't open until 0730. AA and BA open at 0500-0530

Last edited by aaupgrade; Sep 10, 2017 at 1:11 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:27 am

One extra useful bit of info. The CX J lounge serves full english breakfast until 12 noon, which is definitely appreciated!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
One extra useful bit of info. The CX J lounge serves full english breakfast until 12 noon, which is definitely appreciated!
I've mentioned this a number of times before, but people on the BA board have a weird love for those tiny little bacon roll things which I'd use for sport rather than eating...
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Smid
I've mentioned this a number of times before, but people on the BA board have a weird love for those tiny little bacon roll things which I'd use for sport rather than eating...
/agreed

Those hard rolls BA have are terrible. It's hard to find a worse bacon sandwich anywhere in the UK.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
/agreed

Those hard rolls BA have are terrible. It's hard to find a worse bacon sandwich anywhere in the UK.
That's what baffles me. I quite like a bacon roll, nice bit of bread, nice bacon, can be lovely.

However, those bullets with a slice of bacon in them, I'm sure I nearly lost a tooth the first time I bit into one...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Smid
That's what baffles me. I quite like a bacon roll, nice bit of bread, nice bacon, can be lovely.

However, those bullets with a slice of bacon in them, I'm sure I nearly lost a tooth the first time I bit into one...
I​​​​​​I will admit, I grab 4/5 and then toast with butter, remove the bacon and make my own.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:33 pm

Any news on the Qantas lounge? That's well overdue. September? October?

Palmer
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Palmer
Any news on the Qantas lounge? That's well overdue. September? October?
November (not sure it's overdue, mind). It currently looks like Cathay at least 3 months before opening, but there were special factors there.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:25 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
November (not sure it's overdue, mind). It currently looks like Cathay at least 3 months before opening, but there were special factors there.
Where is the new Qantas lounge located?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.