Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
If you are going into the lounge to dine, I much prefer the CX F lounge at T3 to the CCR at T5. Overall I generally prefer to travel from T3 rather than from T5.

The one plus I can think of for the BA F lounge at T3 (although I don't actually think I have been in there since the CX one opened) is for the selection of newspapers and magazines.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by where2travel
The one plus I can think of for the BA F lounge at T3 (although I don't actually think I have been in there since the CX one opened) is for the selection of newspapers and magazines.
True, although it is somewhat irksome that, with 3 out of 14 short-haul destinations from T3 to French-speaking countries, BA does not stock French papers in T3 (unlike T5).
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the second floor of the QF lounge. The bar area on the first floor is beautiful, but early morning is not a time (for me) to drink.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by voweffekt
I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the second floor of the QF lounge. The bar area on the first floor is beautiful, but early morning is not a time (for me) to drink.
I like sitting at the wine bar on what you call the second floor (my first floor) as you can get a better view out the windows there. My ideal would be to have proper tables instead of the lounge chairs at the very end of that top floor in front of the windows - as I like to have a proper table where I can comfortably use laptop and eat, with a view. As such I'm torn between the bar upstairs, and a window table at the dining area downstairs.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:23 am

Can't believe that no-one has mentioned two big (well IMHO!) perks of the AA lounge - a help yourself sweetie bar (with takeaway bags helpfully provided), and - best of all - Portlebay popcorn! If there's a finer snack to be had, I haven't found it.

Since I rarely drink in lounges, and have a rather sweet tooth, I often opt for the AA lounge. Great service, decent wifi and although the ambience is a bit lacking compared with the competition, I love being able to leave with a bag of chocolates for the flight.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Can't believe that no-one has mentioned two big (well IMHO!) perks of the AA lounge - a help yourself sweetie bar (with takeaway bags helpfully provided), and - best of all - Portlebay popcorn! If there's a finer snack to be had, I haven't found it.

Since I rarely drink in lounges, and have a rather sweet tooth, I often opt for the AA lounge. Great service, decent wifi and although the ambience is a bit lacking compared with the competition, I love being able to leave with a bag of chocolates for the flight.
Good point, I usually stop by at the AA lounge for such goodies. On my most recent visit I had already visited CX and QF lounges and then went for my goodies. I only had a about 10 minutes in the AA lounge so was offered a glass of bubbly on entry, I don't say no. The waiter realised I was short on time and asked if I wanted a bag of champagne truffles to go, again I didn't say no
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Where has the dim sum gone?

We are not T3 regulars so haven’t visited since October. Popped into the Cathay lounge for dim sum and found a new menu.
What a shame......

Last edited by MrsW; Jan 27, 2018 at 5:57 am Reason: Attach photo
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by MrsW
We are not T3 regulars so haven’t visited since October. Popped into the Cathay lounge for dim sum and found a new menu.
What a shame......
My weekly VIE commute from T3 (currently suspended due to stay in Asia) could only survive so long if lounges didn't change their menu.... I understand you liked a particular dish but if there are 5 dishes to choose from (ignoring the rabbit eating veggie 'meals') then they need to rotate at least seasonally for those who frequent the lounges weekly or more. Eg as much as I love the ox cheek at CCR, I had it about 10 times and last time I ordered the carrot salad just to spice it up a little as it does get old...
BTW Try the Dan Dan Mian next time in CX, it's delicious!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Thanks for the recommendation. I tried fish & chips.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does this lounge hopping at T3 cost BA money as in having to pay 2 or more airlines for using there lounges?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:25 am

I normally base myself in the Cathay lounge but tried the new Qantas one recently as was very impressed, especially with the dining options. I suppose if I fancy dim-sum and noodles for dinner I'll go to Cathay if I fancy something else I'll go to Qantas. I was surprised at how small the Qantas lounge felt however, but the standard of the finish was excellent. Then I might pop into the AA lounge closer to boarding if my sweet tooth plays up and I fancy a few treats for the flight!
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside

I was very pleasantly surprised by the AA Lounge. I normally fly VS and thought I would miss the Clubhouse experience, but it was actually very comfortable, and peaceful. There were lots of nice touches, like the sweetie jars which showed more 'personality' than say the BA lounge. And if I recall a reputable brand of Champagne on offer!
The QF lounge was very nice but I felt a bit more formal in it's layout, and no food served before 930am I think. I could be wrong.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Knickam
Does this lounge hopping at T3 cost BA money as in having to pay 2 or more airlines for using there lounges?
Yes. Up to three time the cost for BA if a passenger chooses to use the CX, QF and AA facilities on the same trip.
Knickam likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by MrsW
What a shame......
Was in the CX J lounge in December and the Char Siu Bun was no longer on the menu :-( Does anyone know if it is/has come back?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Was in the CX J lounge in December and the Char Siu Bun was no longer on the menu :-( Does anyone know if it is/has come back?
The menus change within the day - so you may see certain items at one hour and other items at another hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.