Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
For basic food it’s the BA lounge.
Does the T3 BA lounge serve the same foood as Galleries Club lounge in T5?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by darrencobb
and mrs cobb had some nice looking noodles.
For the first time in any lounge anywhere, I ate something, the curry, in the CX lounge (with an unusual name I can't recall), was so good I'd be hunting it down to eat somewhere if they sold it outside. It was superb.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: Ba gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
Foster's?
id prefer that to the becks vier that was on offer or the fancy craft lager that I tried, it’s a long time since I’ve flown Qantas but they used to have VB in their onboard bars, David boon set his australia to England beer record on that stuff. Would just be nice to have at least one Aussie beer in the lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:38 am

I just checked and unfortunately, BA326 departs from T5. Is there any way for me to access the OW lounges in T3 from landside? I read that Heathrow terminals aren't connected airside.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sau54
I just checked and unfortunately, BA326 departs from T5. Is there any way for me to access the OW lounges in T3 from landside? I read that Heathrow terminals aren't connected airside.
long answer, yes but it is not easy and has a lot of potential for c***-up if you are not a regular user of LHR. short answer no. tbh i wouldn't recommend you look at T3 options in your circumstances.

i don't know what lounges you have access to, but if you are in J and not a OWE consider walking to T5B and using the GC lounge there should you find the GC lounges in T5A busy. golden rule if you have to return to T5A for your gate is use the walkways on -4, do not get the transit.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by drwook
Is that served at the upstairs or downstairs bar (or both)? I'll confess I've heard coffee was good but somehow haven't got around to trying it - which has *absolutely nothing* to do with the gin bar, and nobody can prove any different
You can definitely get a mean flat white made for you at the bar upstairs
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
id prefer that to the becks vier that was on offer or the fancy craft lager that I tried, it’s a long time since I’ve flown Qantas but they used to have VB in their onboard bars, David boon set his australia to England beer record on that stuff. Would just be nice to have at least one Aussie beer in the lounge.
It would be very good if they could get hold of some bottles of Little Creatures for the QF lounge!
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
I must say we were quite disappointed with both QF and CX F last week when we visited in the afternoon.

The service in the CX F restaurant was really really bad. I realise that staffing issues make it challenging but when we visited, it was a complete car crash. We left after about an hour and a half, at which point only half of what we ordered had arrived. Self service drinks outside the restaurant were luke warm, and empty wine and champagne bottles not cleared for hours. It also took a while to get admitted too because it was quite busy, which seemed to have affected primarily the large business class part of the lounge.

Over at QF, the restaurant was closed and the buffett upstairs fairly limited. I don't know if the bar upstairs could have served a fancy Gin drink but the selection of drinks seemed very limited (certainly compared to all the ravingly good stories here) and the service was pretty cold/abrupt, although efficient.

We ended up in BA F, which was blissfully quiet, with a glass of ice cold Lanson Rose, a pie and cream tea. Perhaps QF and CX F had bad days, but on this occasion, BA F was the clear winner.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
30 mins to clear fast track security today.
Galleries lounge was a zoo.
CX had great staff, great food and a fab bar.
Pretty good coffee in QF and a nice dinner service albeit a pretty small menu. Qantas staff were really friendly. Flight was delayed by over 2 hours but that was no hardship!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The QF restaurant menu and service in the evenings comfortably surpasses the CCR IME (also the unprompted feedback of the OH). Less keen on T3 Fastrack however

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jun 5, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:37 am

Does anyone know if the Qantas lounge offers breakfast in the mornings? We would be arriving around 11-11.30am. The restaurant was closed last time we visited in the early afternoon, until 17.30, and there was a rather Spartan buffet.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Does anyone know if the Qantas lounge offers breakfast in the mornings? We would be arriving around 11-11.30am. The restaurant was closed last time we visited in the early afternoon, until 17.30, and there was a rather Spartan buffet.
Ah ha! I was just there a few days ago. Yes to breakfast buffet and also a la carte menu. The squid was amazing (yes for breakfast) .
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance
Ah ha! I was just there a few days ago. Yes to breakfast buffet and also a la carte menu. The squid was amazing (yes for breakfast) .
Thank you - do you recall what times they were serving breakfast?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One slight moan about the Qantas lounge is the beer choice, I’d like to see at least one Aussie beer available in there.
I am less concerned by the lack of Aussie beer than by the lack of Aussie Gin. In the early days of the lounge, it used to have a huge range of gins including several Aussie ones. We are now down to a handful (6, IIRC) and zero from Australia. They do stock Martin Miller, which is one of my go-tos, thankfully, and also Tanq 10 but the range is minuscule compared to what it used to be, which is disappointing as the gin bar was really what distinguished the Qantas lounge most from the other T3 ones..
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thank you - do you recall what times they were serving breakfast?
I don’t know but they call it brunch on their menu rather than breakfast so you might be okay! Menu from Friday below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.