Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: CX Gold, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Be prepared to see significantly more people than CX/QF. I recently inspected the BA lounge during different hours and was surprised to see many fishcake lovers throughout the day.

QF has a respectable amount of food upstairs before the dining room opens downstairs. They also have tiny pots of condiments available, which is a nice touch.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by NorthernLass
Morning! I have an early-ish T3 departure next month and have been underwhelmed by the CX breakfast on our last 2 trips. I love Qantas but is it still closed until 8.30 am? Just wondering whether Galleries (shock horror) would be a decent choice for breakfast? Anywhere else that Silver/CW ticket on BA gets us into? The F & B offerings to GCM are fairly miserable even by BA standards, so a hearty brekkie is always in order!

*This flight used to depart at 11.00 am and it was possible to enjoy the a la carte offering in Qantas, but it's now moved to 10 am 😪 (and next year 9 am - what the heck, BA?!)
For a full English, BA Lounges are probably the best place to get that lhr t3, IMHO
Old May 10, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I've just checked the opening times for the T3 lounges, it looks like CX only opens at 5:30am, that's a bit tight to order breakfast and eat it for a 6:15 departure right?
Old May 10, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by alex67500
I've just checked the opening times for the T3 lounges, it looks like CX only opens at 5:30am, that's a bit tight to order breakfast and eat it for a 6:15 departure right?
I'm afraid so! Even though T3 does not have the T5 concept of conformance, I apply my conformance-based logic there too: leave the lounge (or be through security) 35 minutes before departure. That way I am always confident I'll reach the gate before the 20 minute cut-off time (which does apply in T3 I believe).
alex67500 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 6:30 am

There's a buffet in CX so I guess if you were *really* quick and just dashed in and grabbed the makings of a sausage and bacon roll you could eat it in the boarding queue! Some gates are quite a long way from the lounges, though, last year when we flew to GIB it felt like we'd walked back to T5!
alex67500 and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
I'm afraid so! Even though T3 does not have the T5 concept of conformance, I apply my conformance-based logic there too: leave the lounge (or be through security) 35 minutes before departure. That way I am always confident I'll reach the gate before the 20 minute cut-off time (which does apply in T3 I believe).
Effectively, it does. T3 has "positive boarding". It's a different system to conformance that applies in T5, but the time limit for entering security is the same (T-35).

The boarding cutoff is - on paper, at least - 20 minutes for all BA flights unless notified otherwise.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
flying from Heathrow tomorrow to Atlanta and will have a chunky stopover (connection from Glasgow) - I’m used to the Terminal 5 lounges and was planning on heading to Galleries F however I see the flight is from Terminal 3. I haven’t been in a terminal 3 lounge since 2016 or so - am I better to just stick with T5 galleries F or is the T3 lounge ok (I like T5 GF as I find it quite peaceful with lots of choice)?

2 golds in Club if that makes any difference.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
flying from Heathrow tomorrow to Atlanta and will have a chunky stopover (connection from Glasgow) - Im used to the Terminal 5 lounges and was planning on heading to Galleries F however I see the flight is from Terminal 3. I havent been in a terminal 3 lounge since 2016 or so - am I better to just stick with T5 galleries F or is the T3 lounge ok (I like T5 GF as I find it quite peaceful with lots of choice)?

If you've a long layover you could go lounge hopping. CX F usually gets the vote here, but QF have nice cocktails too. There's an AA lounge too. You're spoilt for choice at T3.
scottish minnie and DXB2745 like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, ALL, IHG, Hilton H
flying from Heathrow tomorrow to Atlanta and will have a chunky stopover (connection from Glasgow) - Im used to the Terminal 5 lounges and was planning on heading to Galleries F however I see the flight is from Terminal 3. I havent been in a terminal 3 lounge since 2016 or so - am I better to just stick with T5 galleries F or is the T3 lounge ok (I like T5 GF as I find it quite peaceful with lots of choice)?

There's an F lounge in T3, similar in offering to T5.
Otherwise as Gold, you'd have choice of CX, GF and AA - with a chunky transfer time why not try them all!
scottish minnie likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:22 am

Thanks both, I may try the CX lounge then. We have almost 3 hours so I guess if we didnt like it we could then slink off to BA
Old May 10, 2024, 8:46 am

flying from Heathrow tomorrow to Atlanta and will have a chunky stopover (connection from Glasgow) - I’m used to the Terminal 5 lounges and was planning on heading to Galleries F however I see the flight is from Terminal 3. I haven’t been in a terminal 3 lounge since 2016 or so - am I better to just stick with T5 galleries F or is the T3 lounge ok (I like T5 GF as I find it quite peaceful with lots of choice)?

Unfortunately you don't have the option of any T5 lounges - you can only pass through the Flight Connections barriers at the terminal from which your departing/connecting flight leaves. So you can't access T5 with a T3 boarding pass and v.v. Frustratingly, you'll have to pass through security again at T3 despite coming off a domestic flight, because there's only one set of inter-terminal buses - so everyone arriving at T3 Flight Connections is treated as an international arrival.

T3 leaves you spoilt for choice in terms of lounge options so there's no real reason to hang around T5 anyway.
scottish minnie likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ticket Fairy
There's an F lounge in T3, similar in offering to T5.
Otherwise as Gold, you'd have choice of CX, GF and AA - with a chunky transfer time why not try them all!
Dumb question maybe but as we are only flying Club not First do we still get access to Galleries First rather than Galleries Club? The wording I found on the BA site was a bit ambiguous.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Dumb question maybe but as we are only flying Club not First do we still get access to Galleries First rather than Galleries Club? The wording I found on the BA site was a bit ambiguous.
if youre Gold you will get access to Galleries First in T3.
ademanuele and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:09 pm

Since there have been a few questions about breakfast options recently, I thought Id share this mornings menus from AA F (opens at 05:00) and CX F (opens at 05:30). Both are accessible for BA Gold & OW Emerald (and those in F).

Old May 11, 2024, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Since there have been a few questions about breakfast options recently, I thought I’d share this morning’s menus from AA F (opens at 05:00) and CX F (opens at 05:30). Both are accessible for BA Gold & OW Emerald (and those in F).
For CX F, when flying BA F, alone and Silver I was denied entry, but flying Club Europe as Gold I was allowed entry with a guest.
Have the entry rules for CX F access changed where flying BA F and Silver now allows me in?

LcS

Last edited by LCSinTexas; May 11, 2024 at 2:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.