The 2015 BA Champagne and Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
"Drambuie 15" is a thing?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by perthflyer
I'm still waiting for the day that Campari makes an appearance in the Flounge so that Negronis can be made.
That would make my day, but unlikely as BA have a real downer on Campari, having recently removed it from both CE and CW.

They don't even offer it at LIN, preferring Fernet Branca as a bitter - not a drink most non-Italians would relish! I suppose you could make a Hanky-Panky at a pinch though.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capetown2k
can anyone confirm that zacapa xo is still available in First,

on my has trip to bgi it wasn't on the menu, real shame barbados and rum work well together
It went at the end of last year.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by FrancisA
That would make my day, but unlikely as BA have a real downer on Campari, having recently removed it from both CE and CW.

They don't even offer it at LIN, preferring Fernet Branca as a bitter - not a drink most non-Italians would relish! I suppose you could make a Hanky-Panky at a pinch though.
I thought 99% of global Fernet consumption happens within a 50 mile radius of the Buenos Aires Obelisco?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I thought 99% of global Fernet consumption happens within a 50 mile radius of the Buenos Aires Obelisco?
99% of Fernet consumption happens within a 50 mile radius of Wenceslav Square in Prague. Just not Branca, most typically Stock. Of course Argentina does indeed consume a lot; strangely enough it's very popular in SF, too, so much so that they sell Czech Fernet here too.

BA lounges are not cocktail-friendly in general: taking good liquor and mixing it with dyed ethanol, erm, Martini Rosso, is hardly recommended regardless of whether they happen to stock Campari or not. In T3 you can pop over to the Flagship Lounge for your Campari fix on the way to the plane
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by NeverFirst
"Drambuie 15" is a thing?
I've never had it, but it is supposed to be an excellent whisky liquor. Ralfy Mitchell likes it quite a bit: http://youtu.be/Z7sbSjOeP1s
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
In T3 you can pop over to the Flagship Lounge for your Campari fix on the way to the plane
^

That's exactly what I did when I went to LIS in November (after dan dan noodles and Veuve at the CX F lounge of course). I was in a very rough state after an all nighter in Glasgow so an emergency morning negroni was the only option.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
I've never had it, but it is supposed to be an excellent whisky liquor. Ralfy Mitchell likes it quite a bit: http://youtu.be/Z7sbSjOeP1s
for those with time to kill he's also got a DIY tip

ralfystuff :Create your own Whisky Liqueur
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:57 am

The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread

Do we need one?
Except for the GS onboard and in CCR, some decent stuff also in CCR and F, the rest of the beverage proposition on BA is rather really poor due to being enhanced over the years.

I see value in keeping track of what is available in F, CCR and perhaps GF.

Agree or disagree esteemed Flyertalkers?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
We have one already!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ne-thread.html

You mods should speak to each other
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
We have one already!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ne-thread.html

You mods should speak to each other
Lol
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:41 am

Wow. I am mortified. It was always my privilege among the mod corps to start this thread. How dare Prosperous The Pompous step on my toes like this?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, we should have one. If only because the current p**spoor selection may get enhanced. In a positive way. Maybe. Perhaps. Well, um, anyway
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Could Collet BRU BV champagne or venogue brut be replacing the Castenau offering in GC lounges?? Does anyone know if it's an improvement??
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Petrus
Wow. I am mortified. It was always my privilege among the mod corps to start this thread. How dare Prosperous The Pompous step on my toes like this?

Phew, I had this horrible thought you'd gone teatotal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.