Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Most arrogant customer service in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black

So finally I accepted the refund of my family booking to MLE. Whilst this remains costly to me (notably because of a non cancellable early bird reservation at a hotel) I finally gave in to BA.

This was a redemption booking using miles, a companion voucher and realised with the help of a GGL joker.

Whilst the miles have been refunded, I am still waiting for the cash and both the joker and the companion voucher are no longer valid. They gave me 2500 avios per person to compensate so a total of 12,500

I did ask customer service given the context whether I could be issued a new GGL joker and an extension of the companion voucher.

I got this answer.

Dear TheHak

I am satisfied your complaint has been handled and responded to correctly. The gestures of goodwill we have offered are fair and we will not be adding to them. The issues you have raised have been fully addressed, we now consider the matter closed and we will not respond to any further correspondence regarding these issues. If you have any separate issues you would like us to look into for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I appreciate that this is not the reply you were hoping for, and I am sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your complaint. We do value our Gold Executive Club members very highly, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you on board again in the future.

Best regards

Good bye BA.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had a similar comment when I reported a non-working AVOD in WT+ and was offered fewer than the usual 10K Avios. It won't stop me flying BA (they're the best choice for the routes I fly) but its one of the many small experiences that means I no longer recommend BA to colleagues.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Seems a very blunt answer to me, surely it could have been better worded.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Not a very pleasant way to reply to a customer.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Can I ask what the background was? You say that you finally gave in, so what preceded it? I'm curious, because a 'gesture of goodwill' in the amount of 2,500 pp would suggest (to me) that it was something very minor, like an overhead light not working (though I gather you didn't fly.)

The bit about 'we won't be responding any further' suggest some heated letter exchange. Is this the case? I have to say, on the face of it pretty poor.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:39 am

That's a final comeback letter, something issued after a lot of communication where the conversation isn't really getting anywhere. There's more to this here.

*******views are mine and do not represent British Airways************
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think it's something to do with BA cancelling the MLE route at certain times of the year

Originally Posted by TheHak
well that's going to be interesting. I now live in NY. Bought 6 non refundable (sales tickets) from NYC to London and then reward tickets (5 from a joker) LGW to MLE 2 days later. I also have bought a non refundable holidays (for 6 people and it aint cheap)..Really curious as to how BA will deal with this....
I am IT-illiterate and so cannot post the link to the thread in question.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I think we need more background here to form any opinion. I got 3K Avios for complaining about missing scones in CE afternoon tea, so 2.5K as goodwill implies BA don't think they have anything to compensate.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by TheHak
So finally I accepted the refund of my family booking to MLE. Whilst this remains costly to me (notably because of a non cancellable early bird reservation at a hotel) I finally gave in to BA.

This was a redemption booking using miles, a companion voucher and realised with the help of a GGL joker.

Whilst the miles have been refunded, I am still waiting for the cash and both the joker and the companion voucher are no longer valid. They gave me 2500 avios per person to compensate so a total of 12,500

I did ask customer service given the context whether I could be issued a new GGL joker and an extension of the companion voucher.

I got this answer.

Dear TheHak

I am satisfied your complaint has been handled and responded to correctly. The gestures of goodwill we have offered are fair and we will not be adding to them. The issues you have raised have been fully addressed, we now consider the matter closed and we will not respond to any further correspondence regarding these issues. If you have any separate issues you would like us to look into for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I appreciate that this is not the reply you were hoping for, and I am sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your complaint. We do value our Gold Executive Club members very highly, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you on board again in the future.

Best regards

Good bye BA.
Is there any way you could use your travel insurance to claim back money lost on the early bird reservation at the hotel?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I think we need more background here to form any opinion. I got 3K Avios for complaining about missing scones in CE afternoon tea, so 2.5K as goodwill implies BA don't think they have anything to compensate.
Those were some expensive scones!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
OP has a number of posts in this thread, starting at post 30:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nter-only.html

Would probably have been better to continue in that thread.
At least we would have the background as the saga is played out.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
The 12500 are offered as compensation for the loss of the companion voucher and the ggl redemption
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worjackie14
That's a final comeback letter, something issued after a lot of communication where the conversation isn't really getting anywhere. There's more to this here.

*******views are mine and do not represent British Airways************
All prior communications were about rerouting. I had discussed what would happen to my vouchers should i cancel but always got the same answer which was please cancel first and we will work on the vouchers after.

I cancelled and then asked about the vouchers. This is what i got.

Im more than happy to share initial emails and my exec no if you doubt this
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Pretty poor showing by BA in that case.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:29 am

Quite frankly I'd be pretty pi**ed off too in this situation. BA cancelled the flights and then the OP losses the companion vouchers and the GGL Jokers. What would really make me wild would be losing the money for the hotel booking. I know that airlines don't pay for consequential losses but that is ridiculous. Somebody books a flight and a hotel separately and then they lose money when the flights are cancelled...that's just not on.

I had the same thing on a recent trip to Milan, hotel booked at MXP airport for the return and then NIKI moves the flight to LIN. First of all they told me they wouldn't reimburse the hotel costs but eventually they backed down...and so they bloody well should!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.