FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most arrogant customer service in the world
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:17 am
TheHak

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Most arrogant customer service in the world

So finally I accepted the refund of my family booking to MLE. Whilst this remains costly to me (notably because of a non cancellable early bird reservation at a hotel) I finally gave in to BA.

This was a redemption booking using miles, a companion voucher and realised with the help of a GGL joker.

Whilst the miles have been refunded, I am still waiting for the cash and both the joker and the companion voucher are no longer valid. They gave me 2500 avios per person to compensate so a total of 12,500

I did ask customer service given the context whether I could be issued a new GGL joker and an extension of the companion voucher.

I got this answer.

Dear TheHak

I am satisfied your complaint has been handled and responded to correctly. The gestures of goodwill we have offered are fair and we will not be adding to them. The issues you have raised have been fully addressed, we now consider the matter closed and we will not respond to any further correspondence regarding these issues. If you have any separate issues you would like us to look into for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I appreciate that this is not the reply you were hoping for, and I am sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your complaint. We do value our Gold Executive Club members very highly, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you on board again in the future.

Best regards

Good bye BA.