Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
"Sorry, we can’t show you American Airlines flights at the moment"

We are currently experiencing a technical problem displaying American Airlines reward flights. If you would like to book reward flights on American Airlines please contact your local contact centre. We apologise for the inconvenience, and are working to address this problem.

I have been seeing this message for the past week. Any idea how/when it will be resolved, or is it just me?
It's still going on today. It would be nice to use avios, or least be able to check, before dropping $500 on a one way ticket.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:54 am

Is there a glitch with UuA?

I want to book a Premium Economy return to Mexico city in August, and use Avios to upgrade the Inbound leg to Business.

The cash price of the WTP ticket is £608 + taxes.

If i select to upgrade the inbound leg, the cash price of the ticket increases to £970?

I've not done an upgrade for a while, but has something fundamentally changed? Previously I've been used to paying about £100 extra in taxes for the upgrade, not as much as £400.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
I was asked to email [email protected] to see where they are at with my locked account - got a bounce back saying if there are no attachements in the email it will not get delivered. Has anyone got any tips on how to get BA to unlock your account or at least get an ETA on when it will be unlocked?
I would perhaps attach a screenshot of the error message so that your email gets through. Have you heard back anything regarding your locked account? I believe mine has been locked for about 1 week now. BA on twitter said 5 days ago that it will be unlocked "soon"
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by martynlcfc
I've not done an upgrade for a while, but has something fundamentally changed?
Not fundamental. It's only that ba.com doesn't handle DIFs well. Phone to book and upgrade at the same time, or book online and then phone to upgrade if ba.com won't allow you to upgrade online as a second transaction.
martynlcfc likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Unhappy

Originally Posted by musehead
I would perhaps attach a screenshot of the error message so that your email gets through. Have you heard back anything regarding your locked account? I believe mine has been locked for about 1 week now. BA on twitter said 5 days ago that it will be unlocked "soon"
I shall do that now, my account has been locked for a week too.

I will also call BA for the third time
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Like Button not working

Why doesn't the Like Button work when I click on it? I'm using a MacBook Air with Safari, but it also often goes on strike when using my Ipad as well. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Why doesn't the Like Button work when I click on it?
There's a "Like" button on ba.com? Well, I never!

If you mean the "Like" function on FT, this has been an intermittent problem for some since the introduction of the new interface - see Feedback on FT new style, March 2018
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
I shall do that now, my account has been locked for a week too.

I will also call BA for the third time
Not heard anything from BA but my account has finally been unlocked.
LCSinTexas and DanAirLondon like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I just "refresh" the page and then I am able to Like again
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Originally Posted by musehead
This worked my account is now available
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I've noticed mainly as we are on holiday and it is about to end. I still cannot redeem this Amex voucher as the system has been down for TWO weeks (at least, that's when I started trying).

i just cannot believe this is the case, I can't speak for other organisations but I'm not exaggerating there would be blood on the cleaver if this happened at my place of work and we don't sell a product.

Am I living in another world or does this beggar belief?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I've noticed mainly as we are on holiday and it is about to end. I still cannot redeem this Amex voucher as the system has been down for TWO weeks (at least, that's when I started trying).

i just cannot believe this is the case, I can't speak for other organisations but I'm not exaggerating there would be blood on the cleaver if this happened at my place of work and we don't sell a product.

Am I living in another world or does this beggar belief?
It's been driving me mad for weeks too!

Got some time off work at the moment so wanted to use the companion voucher to book anything to anywhere but every time I click search it just says "There was a problem with your request, please try again later".

Even told me my voucher has expired when there's about 6 months left on it.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Maybe mentioned, but whenever searching for award flights the site keeps asking about whether I want a stopover or not. If I select no, the website will process for a while but then return to the same screen to ask whether I want a stopover. Infuriating.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Maybe mentioned, but whenever searching for award flights the site keeps asking about whether I want a stopover or not. If I select no, the website will process for a while but then return to the same screen to ask whether I want a stopover. Infuriating.
I has been mentioned upthread and has been like that for some for weeks now although it seems to be route and/or class specific.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I has been mentioned upthread and has been like that for some for weeks now although it seems to be route and/or class specific.
If one believed in conspiracy theories one might speculate that this is an attempt to restrict redemptions in F and J to New York....
Certainly seems to be no hurry to get it fixed.
Blueboys999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.