Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Best dates for pre-holiday drinkies, London.
Friday 12 December
32.10%
Saturday 13 December
33.33%
Friday 19 December
53.09%
Saturday 20 December
34.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA

Venue
Tapster
3 Brewers Green
Buckingham Gate
SW1H 0RH

Kindly booked for us by LondonAndy.

It is a Davy’s winebar 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria station, close to St James’s Park station, (relatively) conveniently situated for all major London airports. It isn't the easiest place to find. It is at the junction of Caxton Street and Brewers Green, with a corner entrance to the wine bar downstairs (almost next door to the Blewcoat School which is a National Trust gift shop open until 17.30 if you arrive early!). If coming from Victoria Street turn down the road with "The Albert" on the corner.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but Tapster do have a bar snacks menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles. See here for their Grazing Menu [PDF].

Map

Nearest tube stations, Victoria (, , ) and St James's Park (, )

Hotels
Current sales
Accor - super sale up to 40%, must be booked by 28 November
Hilton Winter Sale - rate codes PR08WR (room only) and PR08WB (b&b)
£20 off your first £100 lastminute.com hotel booking via their app using voucher code LMNAPP20 (credit to EI147 for noting this)

Attendees
af101, angeloedades, Arsey00, BA or bust, bafan (possible), balowlyblue, BDAgirl, Behindthecurtain, bermondseyflyer, BHDATC, BotB, CatchThePigeon, chansson, chris1979 (plus lurker friend), Chris9642, CMK10, Cris L, Deckard, dutch_122, EI147, FastTrak2Elite, Filthy Monkey, Flyiboy, GadgetGal, Gomac, hawklx, hsmall, hugolover, jackowilkinson, Johnny Rocket, jozdemir (possible), KARFA, KeaneJohn, littlefish, Mr Fish, londonbus, MarkLHR, matthandy, Mattyb44, mking, Physci, Polomarc, rxfleming, RGMD11, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, shefgab, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, skba1, Sky_hopper, skye1, sorp222, stevieed, teledude, thebutlers, TheFlyingDoctor, the_seeker1977, VFRonTop (possible), VH-EAB, visualAd, wadewadewade

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Pre-Christmas London Drinks - December 2014

I'm in Vienna on the first weekend, but up for it on the second!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
19th or 20th should be ok for me.

KARFA, brilliant idea. Have you thought about venues? The last Friday or Saturday before Christmas might make it difficult to find somewhere. Best start exploring options now!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
A small selection.... should be able to get an area with enough notice....oh and a nice discount on the bill too

http://www.latenightlondon.co.uk/our-venues
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Hate you all! Choosing the weekend I'm working
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
LondonAndy has organised informal DO's at a pub near Victoria Station (or St. James's Park) tube stations. can' t recall the name but I have been to two that were good fun. I think the venue is probably more suited to a Friday night for drinks, if people wanted to eat as well, then you would have to go on to somewhere else.

Hope you get enough people to make it happen and hope the date works for me too.

There is an area where one can eat, just to the left of the bar, and if I recall there is a room on the left side where maybe one can reserve it. Make sure you have the correct time and not do MY mistake.

Originally Posted by chris1979

I remember the bar and one of the DOs. My first DO and first time meeting other FTers in flesh and realising they are as human as me. It was nerve wrecking but worth it!
Have I met you? I've been to the Dos that LA organized.

Would be happy to join, but can't commit as my son arrives in London on the 14th and daughter to Paris on the 22. But will try.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Hate you all! Choosing the weekend I'm working
You need to find several FT'ers to help you sway the vote

Originally Posted by matthandy
KARFA, brilliant idea. Have you thought about venues? The last Friday or Saturday before Christmas might make it difficult to find somewhere. Best start exploring options now!
I have delegated venue choice to the venue committee which comprises LondonAndy and teledude

Seriously though, I think there are already a few suggestions by London based folks. I admit I don't have any suggestions myself for London. The poll is only running until Friday and then the date is set so we can select somewhere as soon as possible. Any reasonable bar should be fine.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
13th is best for me. I can manage the 20th and possibly the 12th, but the 19th would be a serious stretch. If we are going for a new venue, can I request somewhere reasonably close to Paddington.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have delegated venue choice to the venue committee which comprises LondonAndy and teledude

Seriously though, I think there are already a few suggestions by London based folks. I admit I don't have any suggestions myself for London. The poll is only running until Friday and then the date is set so we can select somewhere as soon as possible. Any reasonable bar should be fine.
Unless there is a late swing towards 13 December then I may have to stand down from the committee as I won't be attending .

Joking aside, although I'd like it to be the 13th, I'm happy to ask if the Tapster is free on any of the nights.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Yahillwe

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1979

I remember the bar and one of the DOs. My first DO and first time meeting other FTers in flesh and realising they are as human as me. It was nerve wrecking but worth it!

Have I met you? I've been to the Dos that LA organized.
I can't remember which year it was. I am young, good looking, charming in case that helps with the memory?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
I have a slim chance on the 20th. I'm returning from AMS and may be able to stop by.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
We could just have 2 Dos?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exilencfc
We could just have 2 Dos?
No, organising one is sufficient. Not everyone can always come and that is just something that we have to accept. We just have to choose a date which works for as many as possible. For those who can't make it there is always another Do coming along which hopefully they can make.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Can't make the first weekend as I will be in Prague but the following Friday 19th might work for Mrs. BotB and me so have voted for that...

The Tapsters venue is a good choice as low key, no cost and decent alcohol (including bubbles)...that close to Christmas you'll have trouble getting anywhere else I would have thought.

Thanks for organising this KARFA and Chris (sorry couldn't resist)
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Great idea, KARFA !

Although my schedule looks all to busy, there's a small chance I could DO it on the 20th, almost microscopical on the 19th. First weekend no DO!

Hoping to join you, if I don't - have a great eve, all !
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BotB

Thanks for organising this KARFA and Chris (sorry couldn't resist)
Back to the back of the bus, BotB!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.