Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Best dates for pre-holiday drinkies, London.
Friday 12 December
32.10%
Saturday 13 December
33.33%
Friday 19 December
53.09%
Saturday 20 December
34.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA

Venue
Tapster
3 Brewers Green
Buckingham Gate
SW1H 0RH

Kindly booked for us by LondonAndy.

It is a Davy’s winebar 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria station, close to St James’s Park station, (relatively) conveniently situated for all major London airports. It isn't the easiest place to find. It is at the junction of Caxton Street and Brewers Green, with a corner entrance to the wine bar downstairs (almost next door to the Blewcoat School which is a National Trust gift shop open until 17.30 if you arrive early!). If coming from Victoria Street turn down the road with "The Albert" on the corner.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but Tapster do have a bar snacks menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles. See here for their Grazing Menu [PDF].

Map

Nearest tube stations, Victoria (, , ) and St James's Park (, )

Hotels
Current sales
Accor - super sale up to 40%, must be booked by 28 November
Hilton Winter Sale - rate codes PR08WR (room only) and PR08WB (b&b)
£20 off your first £100 lastminute.com hotel booking via their app using voucher code LMNAPP20 (credit to EI147 for noting this)

Attendees
af101, angeloedades, Arsey00, BA or bust, bafan (possible), balowlyblue, BDAgirl, Behindthecurtain, bermondseyflyer, BHDATC, BotB, CatchThePigeon, chansson, chris1979 (plus lurker friend), Chris9642, CMK10, Cris L, Deckard, dutch_122, EI147, FastTrak2Elite, Filthy Monkey, Flyiboy, GadgetGal, Gomac, hawklx, hsmall, hugolover, jackowilkinson, Johnny Rocket, jozdemir (possible), KARFA, KeaneJohn, littlefish, Mr Fish, londonbus, MarkLHR, matthandy, Mattyb44, mking, Physci, Polomarc, rxfleming, RGMD11, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, shefgab, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, skba1, Sky_hopper, skye1, sorp222, stevieed, teledude, thebutlers, TheFlyingDoctor, the_seeker1977, VFRonTop (possible), VH-EAB, visualAd, wadewadewade

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I'll be working the full weekend 19th/20th
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
the 13th is the only date that works for us due to work commitments so that gets my vote.
John
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
LondonAndy has organised informal DO's at a pub near Victoria Station (or St. James's Park) tube stations. can' t recall the name but I have been to two that were good fun. I think the venue is probably more suited to a Friday night for drinks, if people wanted to eat as well, then you would have to go on to somewhere else.
Thanks for the name-check

The advantage of using Tapsters (apart from it being a few minutes from my office) are:
1) They are happy to block a space without having to pay or have exact numbers.
2) The space they have given us can expand or contract depending on numbers (ie it isn't a room that has finite capacity!).
3) They serve decent wine, a couple of beers and, despite what you say BA or bust, they do food too, which you can order as you go on the night. However, you're right that it isn't conducive to sit-down meals.

But, the biggest advantage from my point of view, is that it is a venue that is close to central London (St James' Park / Victoria / Westminster) that doesn't often get completely packed out on a Friday or Saturday night!

Originally Posted by KARFA
Good point, I should have checked with LondonAndy. I'll get in touch with him and see if he can suggest something.
Once a date has been decided I'm happy to see if they are available if you like. It won't be as glamorous as Gav0106's venues, but it's all about the company (and the alcohol!) isn't it

The 13th is the only date that works for me as well - I'll be in New York the following week, and the National Theatre on the Friday night.....
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Once a date has been decided I'm happy to see if they are available if you like. It won't be as glamorous as Gav0106's venues, but it's all about the company (and the alcohol!) isn't it
Thanks for the offer of helping to find a venue. No need for anything spectacular, just a nice bar and good location would be fine. Tapsters sounds good but we can discuss once a date is set.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
19th/20th would be my preferred option looking at work at the moment, but If I have to work I'll be along straight after
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teledude
19th/20th would be my preferred option looking at work at the moment, but If I have to work I'll be along straight after
Thanks for your earlier offer to help with a venue teledude. As I noted I really don't have a clue when it comes to picking somewhere in London - it isn't really my "patch". Between you and LondonAndy we should be able to select somewhere good.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LSunbury
Would love to attend a London DO and say hello.
I guess its OK for a Brit trAAitor who flies BA regularly but has zero lifetime TPs to attend?
Of course, the more the merrier. All are welcome, no need to be a BAEC member. To make you feel at home you will get two drinks vouchers at the door and that will be all you get for the whole evening
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Of course, the more the merrier. All are welcome, no need to be a BAEC member. To make you feel at home you will get two drinks vouchers at the door and that will be all you get for the whole evening
I was in the LAX lounge last night and accidentally got given three! Or maybe she just loved my english accent.

I have a BAEC account, but only for Tesco and the BA shopping portal.

Thanks, I hope it will on a date I can attend.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Any day is good for me but would prefer the 19th or 20th. I have a few deadlines on the weekend before!

/AE
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:08 pm

Any day is good for me also, but 19th is preferable.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

How exciting, seems Friday 19 December is in the lead at the moment.

Keep voting, poll will close at midnight this Friday so we can set a date.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
How exciting, seems Friday 19 December is in the lead at the moment.

Keep voting, poll will close at midnight this Friday so we can set a date.
Looking forward to it (whatever the date)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I can do the 19th as im staying down in London that weekend before heading to New York! Only met a few people from here via lounge meet ups so I'm sure it would be interesting!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
I will be arriving in London from Montreal on Friday 19th at 8am and will be catching my connecting flight at 12 noon. I can go for a few drinks in one of the Galleries Lounges or a very quick drink somewhere around Acton/Ealing, if the wife permits it...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
If it ends up being the 19/20th I might pop in. I'm in Tokyo the weekend before, and I somehow need to make a London trip before Christmas, which I believe would fit in that weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.