Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014

View Poll Results: Best dates for pre-holiday drinkies, London.
Friday 12 December
32.10%
Saturday 13 December
33.33%
Friday 19 December
53.09%
Saturday 20 December
34.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA

Venue
Tapster
3 Brewers Green
Buckingham Gate
SW1H 0RH

Kindly booked for us by LondonAndy.

It is a Davys winebar 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria station, close to St Jamess Park station, (relatively) conveniently situated for all major London airports. It isn't the easiest place to find. It is at the junction of Caxton Street and Brewers Green, with a corner entrance to the wine bar downstairs (almost next door to the Blewcoat School which is a National Trust gift shop open until 17.30 if you arrive early!). If coming from Victoria Street turn down the road with "The Albert" on the corner.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but Tapster do have a bar snacks menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles. See here for their Grazing Menu [PDF].

Map

Nearest tube stations, Victoria (, , ) and St James's Park (, )

Hotels
Current sales
Accor - super sale up to 40%, must be booked by 28 November
Hilton Winter Sale - rate codes PR08WR (room only) and PR08WB (b&b)
20 off your first 100 lastminute.com hotel booking via their app using voucher code LMNAPP20 (credit to EI147 for noting this)

Attendees
af101, angeloedades, Arsey00, BA or bust, bafan (possible), balowlyblue, BDAgirl, Behindthecurtain, bermondseyflyer, BHDATC, BotB, CatchThePigeon, chansson, chris1979 (plus lurker friend), Chris9642, CMK10, Cris L, Deckard, dutch_122, EI147, FastTrak2Elite, Filthy Monkey, Flyiboy, GadgetGal, Gomac, hawklx, hsmall, hugolover, jackowilkinson, Johnny Rocket, jozdemir (possible), KARFA, KeaneJohn, littlefish, Mr Fish, londonbus, MarkLHR, matthandy, Mattyb44, mking, Physci, Polomarc, rxfleming, RGMD11, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, shefgab, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, skba1, Sky_hopper, skye1, sorp222, stevieed, teledude, thebutlers, TheFlyingDoctor, the_seeker1977, VFRonTop (possible), VH-EAB, visualAd, wadewadewade

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Hi. After having a chat with chris1979 yesterday we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. I am just thinking that a venue, date, and time are set and folks come along if they want - so fairly low key.

As for dates, there is the Aberdeen Do on the weekend of 5-7 December which rules that out. From a purely selfish pov a Friday or Saturday night would be best for me and I would imagine anyone else coming in from the regions. So I am thinking any of:

Friday 12 December
Saturday 13 December
Friday 19 December
Saturday 20 December

I will see if I can ask one of the mods to set up a poll.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. I don't have any clue on venues so may need some local help for that.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 16, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Poll added.

You may vote for more than 1 date, and the voting is set to be 'public' so you can all see who's available when.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Poll added.

You may vote for more than 1 date, and the voting is set to be 'public' so you can all see who's available when.
Many thanks Oxon Flyer ^
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
I have rxfleming and his gorgeous girlfriend, Nadia, coming down to stay the weekend of 12-14, so the 13th would suit us perfectly ^
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:48 am

Landing at LHR on the 13th and not flying up to EDI until the 14th so I could make it if it's on the 13th!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Can't make the 12/13 weekend but could do (at the moment) the 19th with a small chance (subject to SWMBO) the 20th.

LondonAndy has organised informal DO's at a pub near Victoria Station (or St. James's Park) tube stations. can' t recall the name but I have been to two that were good fun. I think the venue is probably more suited to a Friday night for drinks, if people wanted to eat as well, then you would have to go on to somewhere else.

Hope you get enough people to make it happen and hope the date works for me too.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
+1 vote for each of the Saturdays.

Friday nights just don't work for me, sorry
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
LondonAndy has organised informal DO's at a pub near Victoria Station (or St. James's Park) tube stations. can' t recall the name but I have been to two that were good fun. I think the venue is probably more suited to a Friday night for drinks, if people wanted to eat as well, then you would have to go on to somewhere else.
Good point, I should have checked with LondonAndy. I'll get in touch with him and see if he can suggest something.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I would love to come.....I enjoyed the last London do (once I plucked up the courage to come !)
I can only do the 19/20th as I will be in NYC the weekend before.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

So I think the best thing to do with this is let the poll run for a few days and then set a date just so we all have some certainty and can make plans. We can see what date is in the lead by Friday 21 November and then go with that. Hope that's ok with everyone.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Hi. After having a chat with chris1979 yesterday we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. I am just thinking that a venue, date, and time are set and folks come along if they want - so fairly low key.

As for dates, there tips the Aberdeen Do on the weekend of 5-7 December which rules that out. From a purely selfish pov a Friday or Saturday night would be best for me and I would imagine anyone else coming in from the regions. So I am thinking any of:

Friday 12 December
Saturday 13 December
Friday 19 December
Saturday 20 December

I will see if I can ask one of the mods to set up a poll.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. I don't have any clue on venues so may need some local help for that.
Thank you for posting the thread - you are, as often, a tad more efficient than me with these things my friend! (Though that black notebook that I brought was genuinely in case I needed to take notes at our green tea gathering).

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Can't make the 12/13 weekend but could do (at the moment) the 19th with a small chance (subject to SWMBO) the 20th.

Hope you get enough people to make it happen and hope the date works for me too.
I remember the bar and one of the DOs. My first DO and first time meeting other FTers in flesh and realising they are as human as me. It was nerve wrecking but worth it!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
I'm only new on the boards, but would love to come along and put a "face to the name" of some of the gurus that have helped me so far.

Voted

Stuart
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'd love to come down, but it would be a very last minute confirmation depending on my work schedule and the ability to bag a last minute RFS doon.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Ill be there pending date check with work calendar....if you need help with a venue just shout...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Would love to attend a London DO and say hello.
I guess its OK for a Brit trAAitor who flies BA regularly but has zero lifetime TPs to attend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.