Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You say we, do you mean that the two of you can at the moment select 1K and 3K?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny
So what does this mean in practice please?
Seat 11K is greyed out in both our outbound and inbound flights.
Will it mean that different crew are constantly going into and coming out of that seat so it would be best to avoid booking a seat in that area?
If the flight crew do have 11K as a rest seat there will be little movement to and from the seat, probably only as the 3 of them change over breaks.
If the flight has a First cabin and there is a spare seat there they normally take the First seat instead.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
You say we, do you mean that the two of you can at the moment select 1K and 3K?
At the moment it's asking for 75 quid to select a seat, but as Bronze seat selection should open up for free at T-7 days?

1k and 3k are both blocked from selection with payment at the moment. Not sure if Bronze can select Old First seats at all though

YVR-LHR BA84 is OF sold as CW

Last edited by crimsona; Feb 11, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Personally I like 11A. No misaligned window, close enough to front for quick exit but not to bad for galley noise. Row 10 for me is just a bit close to galley and toilets. 10G is very exposed to the aisle and can get a lot of traffic.
Thanks! I've seen some picturesque and think I agree.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Personally I like 11A. No misaligned window, close enough to front for quick exit but not to bad for galley noise. Row 10 for me is just a bit close to galley and toilets. 10G is very exposed to the aisle and can get a lot of traffic.
Thanks! I've seen some pictures and think I agree.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
At the moment it's asking for 75 quid to select a seat, but as Bronze seat selection should open up for free at T-7 days?

1k and 3k are both blocked from selection with payment at the moment. Not sure if Bronze can select Old First seats at all though

YVR-LHR BA84 is OF sold as CW
Just to give an update - At exactly T-7 days (BA.com had a countdown clock until online checkin, waited for that to drop to 5 days 23 hours and 59 seconds), the 75 pound seat selection fee fell off and I was able to select 3K for one passenger as a Bronze customer.

1K still blocked, assumed it's reserved for Gold only.

Hoping for New First, the last 7 days have been around half/half

From PY to Old First at worst using UuA 12.5k is going to be missed

Last edited by crimsona; Feb 11, 2015 at 10:07 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
(Sorry if this has been asked and answered before)

I manged to nab a desired 747 upper deck seat. But I've read that the bins on the upper deck cannot accommodate lager "carry-on" roller cases. While boarding, would it be possible to store my roller in a lower deck bin? Are the FA's cool with that?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

I manged to nab a desired 747 upper deck seat. But I've read that the bins on the upper deck cannot accommodate lager "carry-on" roller cases. While boarding, would it be possible to store my roller in a lower deck bin? Are the FA's cool with that?
Hi,

Whilst the side bins will not take a roller , the overhead lockers may be able to. If not there is a storage cupboard by the top of the stairs leading to the upper deck.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

I've never had a problem fitting my carry-in into an overhead locker on the upper deck of the B747. I travel hand-luggage only and I'm sure my case must be at or near the carry-on size limit so unless you're trying to get on board with something huge then you should be okay. It'll probably only fit sideways though but that shouldn't be a problem with relatively few people sharing quite a lot of bins up there.

It definitely won't go in the side bins by your seat, they're much, much smaller - more for shoes and small bags.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:04 pm

The overhead bins on the window seats are smaller than the ones in the centre (or perhaps the other way around, I forget). But the larger ones will fit a normal roller fine.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:47 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by zkzkz
The overhead bins on the window seats are smaller than the ones in the centre (or perhaps the other way around, I forget). But the larger ones will fit a normal roller fine.
There are no centre overhead bins on the upper deck.. It is one aisle.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
On the upper deck?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are you thinking of UD on the A380?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Anyone have any views on 4 E&F on a 3 class 777? Flying as a duo and haven't tried a center pair before

It's a bassinet position, but I have nabbed it at T-72. I thought it looked good because it seems you don't need to hop over anyone's legs.

Any disadvantages anyone is aware of?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:54 pm

For a couple on a 772, the general preference seems to be AB or JK, rather than EF. Why is that? Does EF feel claustrophobic, enclosed by D and G?

With the barrier down, are the A&B or J&K close enough to chat comfortably?

Also, I'm a oneworld sapphire. Does this mean we'd get early seat selection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.