Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

With respect to those who will be calling upon the information posted in this thread when making decisions about where to sit, it was necessary to remove several “non-contributive” posts.

Seating questions are very popular topics here on FT, so your assistance in keeping the flow factual and focused is much appreciated.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Just giving this a bump in the hope that one of our WW cabin crew friends (that's you, CIHY!) can weigh in on the likelihood of being bumped out of 64A now that it is no longer blocked as a bassinet seat.

Not only can this seat be reserved by those on full J and status holders, it is also available for purchase, so it affects a lot of people.

It seems pretty poor form to let passengers reserve it at the time of booking, then turf them out of it when so many other options would no longer be available to them.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I've never known it to happen on my flights, so I think it is very unlikely.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC,GGL/CCR,GFL,AAEP,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HilFly
Just giving this a bump in the hope that one of our WW cabin crew friends (that's you, CIHY!) can weigh in on the likelihood of being bumped out of 64A now that it is no longer blocked as a bassinet seat.

Not only can this seat be reserved by those on full J and status holders, it is also available for purchase, so it affects a lot of people.

It seems pretty poor form to let passengers reserve it at the time of booking, then turf them out of it when so many other options would no longer be available to them.
And that's exactly why I stated that there has been a lot of discussion with BA Operations and Special Services on this issue as, whilst I completely agree with HilFly, its even more unfair not to have a safe and easy place to keep an infant that we've also been charged Ł1000 for. This is why there have been many very unhappy people (including the legendary GGL and Prem card holders) who have been moved from this seat despite them effectively having paid extra for it. CC may never even realize that this has happened as it usually happens between Dispatch, Close Outs, Operations and Spec Services. This has really been a problem over the last nearly two years and this is the only reason why I thought my personal insight would really assist the forum since travelling this frequently with a baby is not that common.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
How long before PremBootedFrom64A registers to post a rant?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
With my first CW flight fast approaching (12 days)

1) Will the crew ask if I know how to use the seat (no idea how to)?
2) If not will they figure it out due to the puzzled look on my face?
3) Will I have to ask one of them to show me?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Jamier45

You read the details on the FT Dashboard?

All you need to really know is:
1. The divider button is on the top, and motors it up and down.
2. NEVER sit on the footrest.

The rest of it is fairly intuitive
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:25 am

Folks,

I will be sitting in 1A on a BA 747 for the first time this week. Whilst I'm absolutely delighted to have finally bagged this seat - I'm wondering if there will be enough room in the overhead bin for a roller bag (it's pretty large - probably the biggest you can get away with as a carry on!). Any advice appreciated. Will likely check the bag if it's going to be a tight fit.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tinx2014
Folks,

I will be sitting in 1A on a BA 747 for the first time this week. Whilst I'm absolutely delighted to have finally bagged this seat - I'm wondering if there will be enough room in the overhead bin for a roller bag (it's pretty large - probably the biggest you can get away with as a carry on!). Any advice appreciated. Will likely check the bag if it's going to be a tight fit.

Cheers.
Yes, there is plenty of room in the overhead bins. And in the unlikely circumstance there is not you can use the cupboard between 1a and 1k. Also bear in mind there is no overhead bin over row 1.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 15, 2014 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by tinx2014
Folks,

Cheers.
Congrats on 1A...
BA 747 does not have a overhead compartment for 1A/K. There is a front compartment though for you to use . Don't worry about the "tight" fit. As long as it's within BA's limits its all good..
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

No one will ask you. However, there is a booklet on how to use the seat in the magazine rack in the foot rest. Or if you want just ask one of the cabin crew when they come around to settle you in, I am sure you can turn on the charm

Basic stuff is ife and seat controls are on the side and beneath the screen, button to lift and lower the screen is at the top. The footrest positions are shown in the booklet and I think on the footrest itself. Two buttons below the ife screen, one unlatches the screen which swings out, the other unlatches the table.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur

There are air filled headrest and lumbar support. You will have to hold the button awhile before you notice them really filling much, but they do work.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by KARFA
Two buttons below the ife screen, one unlatches the screen which swings out, the other unlatches the table.
Silver button does IFE, beige one does the table ... or the other way round.
And they tend to need pressing quite hard sometimes.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Or if you want just ask one of the cabin crew when they come around to settle you in, I am sure you can turn on the charm
I'm sure I can, might even see if any of them fancy a drink later on in NYC
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure I can, might even see if any of them fancy a drink later on in NYC
Good job I didn't join you on that run and spoil your party!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.