Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Mrs. greg5 seemed to be pleased when I had us in 62A/B. And the UD crew took pretty good care of us.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Upper deck 62A/B. SWMBO maintains she can always put up the shutter if she can't take any more of my face.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Loads of information here and opinions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Please excuse my ignorance, but does 62B not get disturbed if the passenger in 61A needs to get past? That's why I asked about 60B/J which are just across the aisle from each other and both have unimpeeded access (I was in 10B on a 777 this week which was basically the same idea).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mikebg
Please excuse my ignorance, but does 62B not get disturbed if the passenger in 61A needs to get past? That's why I asked about 60B/J which are just across the aisle from each other and both have unimpeeded access (I was in 10B on a 777 this week which was basically the same idea).
I prefer the last row of middle seats on lower deck.

In the last row you don't have to climb over someone for aisle access, you have direct aisle access for both the middle seats in last row.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Total vote for 63A/B on the UD here ... as the OH can squeeze between her seat and the cabin wall to escape. No climb-over for OAPs, thank you

I have posted pictures on the main thread.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I prefer the last row of middle seats on lower deck.

In the last row you don't have to climb over someone for aisle access, you have direct aisle access for both the middle seats in last row.
Yes, I can see that. I have had such a seat on my own before, but, the problem is that at this stage the E seats are blocked as they are bassinet seats.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:03 am

Having done both with the wife many times, I would say it's 50:50 between a) upper deck pair (62AB, 62JK, 63AB, 63JK) and b) lower deck centre pairing (preferably 20EF).

We tend to pick the former on night flights, where fast meal service and good sleep is the priority. All the pairs listed above mean both people can escape their seats without climbing over others.

We tend to pick the latter on day flights, where we're more interested in speaking to each other, watching films together etc. If you can get row 20, which is usually held until quite late as a bassinet, (i) you can get in and out without climbing over anybody and (ii) crew will usually serve you from the front, not through the divider.

Couple of other points:

- If you've never been UD, certainly give it a whirl;

- Crew service on the LD is divided into one crew member doing ABDE and another doing FGJK. This often means you won't be served drinks/dinner at exactly the same time as your wife. Not an issue for us, but I know it bothers some.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:10 am

Looking at 14EF or 20EF, the E seats are blocked. Would it make sense to book the F seat now, in the hope that at T-72 the E seat opens up, or would it be less risky to take something else now and possible move both at T-72 if the E seats are opened up?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:15 am

Has nobody tried sitting adjacent but across the aisle as a couple? I ask because I was in 10B on a 777 this week on my own, and it occurred to me that taking 10B and 10D as a couple on the 777 would be ideal, as they are very near each other and both are totally undisturbed by others.

Is the aisle on the upper deck of the 747 wider, so nobody has considered it?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

62 A and K would be my pick.

The UD aisle is wider than the 777 so trying to talk across it would disturb other customers.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: BA-Gold (dropping to Silver soon); AA & Flying Blue; Top Gear (the Clarkson years); Doctor Who :)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
62 A and K would be my pick.

The UD aisle is wider than the 777 so trying to talk across it would disturb other customers.
Certainly cannot talk easily to each other (while remaining seated) in these two seats

Unless an affinity for forward facing only seating, I would take UD pairing - you gain the side pods for storage (as a couple) which is helpful. If you want to "talk across the aisle" and be UD then probably 63 BJ (exit row) or 60 BJ (front row). The latter only really because no rows in front so less likely to disturb others from voice projection direction.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Note: 63B/J are not in line ... J is set back a foot or two to allow for the CC jump-seats in front of 63J/K

Which is why I like 63B ... i don't see 63J at all
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:52 am

Thanks for all the help! I have taken 62AB for both flights for the time being, but I may change them to 14EF or 20EF if these open up at T-72.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
take 60BJ
Have many people received a BJ from a check-in agent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.