Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Cabanas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Never tried the CCR cabanas before. Disappointed to hear that they pale in comparison to the CX ones at the Wing - which is one of the reasons I prefer CX when flying to Australia. They only let us book for 4 hours prior to a SIN flight in a couple weeks. Sounds like we may not enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BenSenise
Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonElite

The fascination with the Cabanas I just don't understand. Lino toilets with a seating area...why would you want to spend a lot of time there?

because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR?
DOH! Of course!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR?
Who says?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I have booked a cabana for January 2015 connecting in between very long flights and though they didn't have a diary for 2015 yet, they had a page for next years bookings and I certainly wasn't the only one on there.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Gold
I''ve got my first First experience coming up in August and I've booked a Cabana for our return awaiting connection to MAN. Is there any rules/etiquette in using it? Was intending to have a nap/shower then pop into the CCR for a bite to eat. Can I do that and then go back or is it once you've left the room it can be reallocated? If you can go back, is it safe to leave hand luggage in there or is it not advised?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:55 am

if you ask they give you a bottle of LPGS in an ice bucket to take into the cabana.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Kkp0897

Slightly off topic but the cabanas in The Wing, HKG are much better we found although no TVs
I do like a soak in the Wing cabanas, and they are good as a private office area, but... you're not supposed to take drinks in there, there is a 90 minutes limit, they're not at all comfy for sleeping, and even if they were there are continual PA announcements hindering shuteye. Despite all these drawbacks I do still like them!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JonTY1
I''ve got my first First experience coming up in August and I've booked a Cabana for our return awaiting connection to MAN. Is there any rules/etiquette in using it? Was intending to have a nap/shower then pop into the CCR for a bite to eat. Can I do that and then go back or is it once you've left the room it can be reallocated? If you can go back, is it safe to leave hand luggage in there or is it not advised?
You can come and go of course but I can't remember whether you have a key or need to ask someone at reception to lock up for you while you're out. I wouldn't leave it unattended and unlocked for any length of time. If you don't want a change of scene you can ring up to order room service from the food/drinks menu in the cabana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.