FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Concorde Cabanas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1593504-concorde-cabanas.html)

Cheriton Jul 11, 2014 9:23 am

Concorde Cabanas

Good day.
Brief question (or two to be exact...)

How far in advance can a cabana be booked up and is there a time limit one can occupy one for?

Many thanks.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 11, 2014 9:25 am

I thought it was 28 days, but that's apparently for Elemis. So you can book further ahead than that (certainly months), and there's no time limit for usage. Unless on a double longhaul flight connection and looking to get some shuteye then I'm not sure I'd bother.

Cheriton Jul 11, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks. Just looking at crashing for a few hours away from it all after a night flight in prior to a hop back to Paris.

freshaz Jul 11, 2014 10:03 am

Concorde Cabanas

I've been under the impression the cabanas were limited to 4hour usage. (Which could be renewed depending on demand and Ofcourse whether the concierge desk like you enough*)

fripperies Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am

I've been able to book a cabana as soon as I have a flight booked which is sometimes many months ahead. If you email YouFirst to request it you'll usually get a prompt and very courteous reply. If your connection is long enough the cabanas are great for the purpose you have in mind.

olybeast Jul 11, 2014 11:04 am

Concorde Cabanas

In cabana 3 can you still see the TV from the bog/shower?

LondonElite Jul 11, 2014 11:04 am

Concorde Cabanas

The fascination with the Cabanas I just don't understand. Lino toilets with a seating area...why would you want to spend a lot of time there?

fripperies Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 23181118)
The fascination with the Cabanas I just don't understand. Lino toilets with a seating area...why would you want to spend a lot of time there?

I wouldn't describe it as a fascination but they serve a purpose. Where else can you relax horizontally in the CCR? The floor? And privacy is a luxury that some people appreciate.

TabTraveller Jul 11, 2014 11:52 am

I think perhaps people have the expectation of the cabanas at CX's HKG lounge and therefore believe they might like to spend some time there. :confused:

Cheriton Jul 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by fripperies (Post 23181326)
I wouldn't describe it as a fascination but they serve a purpose. Where else can you relax horizontally in the CCR? The floor? And privacy is a luxury that some people appreciate.

Very much that. Sometimes it is nice to fold ones self away from time to time and relax and shut ones eyes without fear of appearing on some silly "caught on a plane/train/airport lounge" page simply for wanting a snooze :)

Thanks for all the info.

Kkp0897 Jul 11, 2014 2:24 pm

On a recent trip we completely forgot to book the cabana in advance so when we rocked up they checked the available bookings for the day and mentioned there's always cancellations. We were told that they'd come and find us if a cabana became available. which did in our case for a couple of hours.

Slightly off topic but the cabanas in The Wing, HKG are much better we found although no TVs

BenSenise Jul 11, 2014 2:41 pm

because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR? ;)

Land-of-Miles Jul 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 23182104)
because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR? ;)

I think it would be more comfy than in a big open bathroom in a cabana ;)

I have booked 3 months out in the past.

nmenaker Jul 11, 2014 3:44 pm

i tried emailing youfirst a few weeks ago about a cabana reservation, but still haven't received any email back. this was through the online email form. Is there a better way?

TravellerFrequently Jul 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Try this email address: [email protected]

I find they are usually very prompt.