Concorde Cabanas

Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold)
Concorde Cabanas

Good day.
Brief question (or two to be exact...)

How far in advance can a cabana be booked up and is there a time limit one can occupy one for?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I thought it was 28 days, but that's apparently for Elemis. So you can book further ahead than that (certainly months), and there's no time limit for usage. Unless on a double longhaul flight connection and looking to get some shuteye then I'm not sure I'd bother.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Just looking at crashing for a few hours away from it all after a night flight in prior to a hop back to Paris.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Concorde Cabanas

I've been under the impression the cabanas were limited to 4hour usage. (Which could be renewed depending on demand and Ofcourse whether the concierge desk like you enough*)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've been able to book a cabana as soon as I have a flight booked which is sometimes many months ahead. If you email YouFirst to request it you'll usually get a prompt and very courteous reply. If your connection is long enough the cabanas are great for the purpose you have in mind.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Concorde Cabanas

In cabana 3 can you still see the TV from the bog/shower?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Concorde Cabanas

The fascination with the Cabanas I just don't understand. Lino toilets with a seating area...why would you want to spend a lot of time there?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The fascination with the Cabanas I just don't understand. Lino toilets with a seating area...why would you want to spend a lot of time there?
I wouldn't describe it as a fascination but they serve a purpose. Where else can you relax horizontally in the CCR? The floor? And privacy is a luxury that some people appreciate.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC
I think perhaps people have the expectation of the cabanas at CX's HKG lounge and therefore believe they might like to spend some time there.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fripperies
I wouldn't describe it as a fascination but they serve a purpose. Where else can you relax horizontally in the CCR? The floor? And privacy is a luxury that some people appreciate.
Very much that. Sometimes it is nice to fold ones self away from time to time and relax and shut ones eyes without fear of appearing on some silly "caught on a plane/train/airport lounge" page simply for wanting a snooze

Thanks for all the info.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:24 pm

On a recent trip we completely forgot to book the cabana in advance so when we rocked up they checked the available bookings for the day and mentioned there's always cancellations. We were told that they'd come and find us if a cabana became available. which did in our case for a couple of hours.

Slightly off topic but the cabanas in The Wing, HKG are much better we found although no TVs
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:41 pm
Suspended

because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BenSenise
because you can't have sex in the main section of the CCR?
I think it would be more comfy than in a big open bathroom in a cabana

I have booked 3 months out in the past.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
i tried emailing youfirst a few weeks ago about a cabana reservation, but still haven't received any email back. this was through the online email form. Is there a better way?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Try this email address: [email protected]

I find they are usually very prompt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.