Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Delay LAX>LHR>BCN No response Yet!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Baggage Delay LAX>LHR>BCN No response Yet!

For my first trip to Europe, I decided we fly BA because of their plane (A380) and their flight service. Well, what a nightmare experience with British Airway 6/23 LAX>LHR>BCN. Our 2 luggage & stroller never arrived on our connection flight from LAX>LHR>BCN. So, I filed missing luggage with their CSR at the counter in BCN on 6/24th. Well our luggage got to BCN on evening flight but didn't get them until 3pm the next day. The stroller was still in LHR and wasn't going to be delivered to our hotel until next evening. For 2 days in Barcelona, we couldn't do anything without a stroller because of our 4yr old daughter. Lucky we came few days before our cruise!!! Worst part was I could not get through with their Europe CS phone # and when I got on the phone with USA CSR, they told me that they could not do anything but only Europe CS!!!!! We had to purchase a new stroller because our stroller was slightly damaged.
Even making worst, our flight back to LAX, BA did not bring our stroller to the exit door area(terminal). We waited about 20 mins and found our stroller and 2 other strollers inside the elevator.
I have file a complaint with BA on their website, plus got hold of manager at LHR and she even filed a complaint report. Still NO reply back from BA!!!

Question, will BA compensate for our delayed bags on top of me submitting the receipt for the new stroller.

NEVER GOING TO FLY BA AGAIN!!!!!

Thxs
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by windrider
For my first trip to Europe, I decided we fly BA because of their plane (A380) and their flight service. Well, what a nightmare experience with British Airway 6/23 LAX>LHR>BCN. Our 2 luggage & stroller never arrived on our connection flight from LAX>LHR>BCN. So, I filed missing luggage with their CSR at the counter in BCN on 6/24th. Well our luggage got to BCN on evening flight but didn't get them until 3pm the next day. The stroller was still in LHR and wasn't going to be delivered to our hotel until next evening. For 2 days in Barcelona, we couldn't do anything without a stroller because of our 4yr old daughter. Lucky we came few days before our cruise!!! Worst part was I could not get through with their Europe CS phone # and when I got on the phone with USA CSR, they told me that they could not do anything but only Europe CS!!!!! We had to purchase a new stroller because our stroller was slightly damaged.
Even making worst, our flight back to LAX, BA did not bring our stroller to the exit door area(terminal). We waited about 20 mins and found our stroller and 2 other strollers inside the elevator.
I have file a complaint with BA on their website, plus got hold of manager at LHR and she even filed a complaint report. Still NO reply back from BA!!!

Question, will BA compensate for our delayed bags on top of me submitting the receipt for the new stroller.

NEVER GOING TO FLY BA AGAIN!!!!!

Thxs
Possible language barrier.
I thought a stroller was another name for a buggy but a 4 year old would not need a buggy. Was it a wheelchair that was lost?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Slow. Responses

Sorry to hear about your nightmare time travelling to Barcelona. Judging by the dates you quote there were major baggage issues at Heathrow during that period, with lots of bags not making their connections.
I too lost a bag coming through Heathrow (28/6) and it took 5 days for BA to return it to me. I went through the same frustrations as you, with lack of information and in inability to get through to anyone of any use on the phone. I finally got through on the phone on the Tuesday, but it was late on the Thursday before the bag turned up! (By road, all the way from London Heathrow to my home near Edinburgh- despite. BA flying the route circa 12 times a day). I lodged a complaint with BA on 30th June, and a claim for incidental costs incurred, but nothing heard yet- 12 days later!
I was a BA Gold card holder at the tine of this incident. BA are normally a lot better at responding to complaints- Not that it makes any easier on you, but I think they must be swamped with angry customer emails right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.