FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   T5 baggage system failure - 26 and 28 June 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1588720-t5-baggage-system-failure-26-28-june-2014-a.html)

prof Jun 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Do we have any idea how long it will take to get things back to normal? We're flying to CDG on Tuesday and hoping it'll have cleared up by then--I feel for those caught in the maw of this problem now.

klymen Jun 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by kb8230 (Post 23112308)
My wife and I flew out to MIA in F on Thursday. Our golf clubs in their golf covers arrived after 36 hours, but still no sign of our suitcases. I enquired with BA at MIA why they could not have applied a bit of common sense and send out suitcases first, in order that we could at least get our clothing.

I suspect (as posted upthread) that this is due to the golf clubs being 'oversize' and thus handled by the oversize baggage team which I guess is used to carrying things down manually. The suitcase would have just gone into the pile...

Same thing happened to us. I'm not sure if our infant car seat made our LHR-NRT on Thurs, but it certainly made our NRT-SYD on Friday evening and is with us in MEL.

Two of our three bags were just delivered in MEL (31hrs after we arrived), the third is still missing. Unfortunately that's the one with all our daughter's clothes, nappies etc... Will have to go shopping again :-(

seaskybound Jun 29, 2014 12:09 am

Any Sunday AM updates? Heading in an hour to airport

milehighj Jun 29, 2014 1:56 am

Originally Posted by kb8230 (Post 23112308)
My wife and I flew out to MIA in F on Thursday.

Curious what time you flew Thursday, and what they told you at F check-in?

I checked-in around noon that day, and the clear message at the F desks was that the system was working normally for their desks, and my bags would in all likelihood be on my flight to GVA. They were not...

Nimrod1965 Jun 29, 2014 2:35 am

Deleted

Nimrod1965 Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

Originally Posted by zkzkz (Post 23106319)
What do you even need hand luggage for an overnight trip for? Stick a pair of underwear in your pocket and you're set.

I have a friend who packs like this, toothbrush, condom, ready to go.

seaskybound Jun 29, 2014 2:52 am

Im off for 2.5 weeks work, beach and a wedding. Cant risk not having luggage arrive so got it all in carry on. Albeit a larger 22" American size. But that should get me past security and I don't mind gate checking it.

Im quite used to HBO but this trip was meant to be 2 bags...

Used a vacuum bag (will need ironing on arrival)

KARFA Jun 29, 2014 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965 (Post 23113733)

Just the one? Not very ambitious of him ;)

rapidex Jun 29, 2014 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965 (Post 23113733)

What! only 1 condom:D

stevemack Jun 29, 2014 3:34 am

Curious question... If you fly with ba to lax for example and then use another carrier on a seperate booking to honolulu, if your bag doesnt make it to lax are ba responsible for getting it all the way to honolulu then, or just lax?

seaskybound Jun 29, 2014 3:49 am

Originally Posted by stevemack (Post 23113868)
Curious question... If you fly with ba to lax for example and then use another carrier on a seperate booking to honolulu, if your bag doesnt make it to lax are ba responsible for getting it all the way to honolulu then, or just lax?

HONOLULU

paulwuk Jun 29, 2014 3:51 am

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 23113766)
What! only 1 condom:D

No toothpaste or fresh underwear? I think 1 is optimistic!

stevemack Jun 29, 2014 3:52 am

No need to shout :) I'm in a fortunate group of people never to lose a bag thankfully so I'm not sure what happens!

jackr27 Jun 29, 2014 4:15 am

My bag arrived this morning... so took about 2 1/2 days for it to be sent from Heathrow to Lisbon after it failed to make it on Thursday night - so all in all, not ideal, but could have been worse.

stimpy Jun 29, 2014 5:50 am

Originally Posted by prof (Post 23112814)
Do we have any idea how long it will take to get things back to normal? We're flying to CDG on Tuesday and hoping it'll have cleared up by then--I feel for those caught in the maw of this problem now.

CDG? Why take the risk with flying when you have the option of taking the train and no worries about lost or delayed bags?