Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A321 long haul

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Strangely had this config LHR-CDG last night and back this morning. A pleasant surprise for Club Europe

Last edited by BobbySteel; Aug 19, 2016 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Is there any news on the future of the 321 with CW fleet? I thought I saw some reference to it ending, but was unsure if this was speculation. It suits me for BEY and AMM and would be sorry to see this configuration go.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I believe two A321s are being reconfigured to CE/ET.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
With the mid-haul fleet dropping to 5 aircraft, will that see the end of intra-European mid-haul configured A321s?

Very much looking forward to coming back from Rome in this next month. Girlfriend (expecting Y) has no idea - planning to give her the boarding pass, let her board first and look back at me with a quizzical look
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:32 am

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 11:19 am
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Nice treat sitting in 1A on G-MEDM for BA838 LHR-DUB this evening. Saw that the plane operating this flight was arriving from Moscow but it didn't click it might be one if the long haul A321's. Just turned Gold in the last week so picked 1A at that point when MMB showed a normal seat map.

Bri
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, IHG Spire Amb, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
With the mid-haul fleet dropping to 5 aircraft, will that see the end of intra-European mid-haul configured A321s?

Very much looking forward to coming back from Rome in this next month. Girlfriend (expecting Y) has no idea - planning to give her the boarding pass, let her board first and look back at me with a quizzical look
Lucky girl..
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:24 pm

Do these go to ATH too? Have a flight booked on the 24th which appears to show this CE seat map and I've nabbed myself one of the single ones on the side having never flown this config
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They do, around 08:15.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss

And if its FCO-LHR she will sit in Y. Business Class is Y with a blocked middle seat. the food is better, I value the meal at $10 and the blocked middle seat at $30-40 (less if with my girlfreind) . No clue how they get away charging $300 more for short haul.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:20 pm

huh. Assuming the poster is booked on BA557 then they'll (last minute subs exempted) be on a mid-haul A321 with a CW seat.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
I have seen this on my way to Oslo at least twice and last time I flew to Rome a few weeks ago. Is there a list of European flights the International version of this aircraft is occasionally used on? Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by umbyboy
I have seen this on my way to Oslo at least twice and last time I flew to Rome a few weeks ago. Is there a list of European flights the International version of this aircraft is occasionally used on? Thanks
I don't think there is a list anywhere...it's not that official, the aircraft could be swapped out at anytime for a standard CE seated bird. However there is a fairly regular pattern, I recently flew on BA556 LHR-FCO which has been a mid haul A321 fairly consistently of late. Someone else on this thread mentioned the early morning ATH flight is also consistent. But as I say, the ticket price is the same, so you're not specifically paying for the better cabin, and therefore mustn't grumble if it turns out not to be the case when you pitch up at the airport.

In terms of verifying what aircraft it is, I use a combination of BA.com to spot the A321 and EF / Seat Guru to check the seat map to see if it is a mid haul version (there are standard CE A321s as well, so beware).

Hope that helps a little.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Currently the early Saturday flight to Larnaca is on a mid haul A321
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by umbyboy
There's a link earlier in this thread to another thread which has a list of destinations/flights in post 12. The list was posted in January so I don't know whether it's still up to date - my BA0763 from OSL-LHR at the end of September is still showing with this config though! ^ (I've jinxed it now)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.