Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Nothing for me today on a domestic although the plane was packed to the rafters.
The couple in front of me got offered champagne and wished all the best for their honeymoon though.

Not to worry as I'll clear the lounge later to make up for it
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Had an interesting one on Saturday’s flight from LHR to EFL (Kefalonia) in CE. No “greeting” as such, but the Purser did approach me (in 4F) before main courses were distributed to ask, pointedly using my name, which one I wanted. No-one else got this treatment so maybe this was a GGL benefit? There were other Golds in the cabin.

My friend (who is Gold) was about 10 rows back in ET and was told, along with one other Gold member within earshot, she was welcome to use the CE lavatory, much to the amusement of other pax nearby who joked that they may need to just cross their legs if things got desperate...
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
...odds are increasing at the moment after a pleasant greeting onboard yesterday's BA229 - although the full greeting was only delivered towards the end of the flight since I slept through most of the flight.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Received my first personal (non J/F seating) CSD greeting, on a last minute booking of MH787-9 BA033 LHR-KUL this week.
(first ever longhaul on BA not booked in either J/F, so previously that could only occur uk-europe eg AMS-LHR-AMS 50% times when flying Y not J )

CSD came back into WTP 2hours into the flight asking if I was enjoying the flight and could he get me something, . I was only flier in WTP cabin the csd chatted with. I did say I appreciated seats 16K/17J being left empty around my 17K
(now I see why some think embarrassing due to getting attention drawn to oneself) .

Plane was rammed (uk half term loadings ? ), F=0, J=3, W=6, Y=7 , 8hours before based on tickets for sale (I don't have expert flier to check live picture). Departed with F=0 J=0 (3 OpUps) W=9 (I counted) , Y= rammed

Good first ever WTP seat experience despite long flight, got bleeped and my seat altered on boarding to 17K ... with bonus of both i)adjacent seat 17J blocked ii) row 16 in front ,16J occupied, 16K unoccupied, so no recline into my 'personal space'. Surprised myself as now I'd be prepared to travel WTP on 787 o'night-flight again.

Assuming these desirable seats free due to 16K, 17JK being the 3x BA elites upgraded from WTP -> J this flight., surprised at thoughtfulness of changed seating placement/blocked seats, and wondering if that was due to either 'fly' or human hands on intervention due to being baec-gold
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:16 am

No greeting for me. Sat with mrs rapidex the CSM was rushing around with an Ipad but I heard no greetings for anybody. LHR-BKK was the flight.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I still think it's a shame of not getting any recognition for being loyal.
Yesterday's flight in Y on Sri Lankan from cmb to bkk the purser came back in mid flight with a welcome handshake to me and my partner thanking for being loyal emeralds and asked about the service which was by any means superior to ba's anyway
​​​​
And then today at MY hub at lhr t5.. They again had no fast track but led everybody together so it took me literally 45mins just to get thru transfer.
No service or greetings in Y IST LHR nor LHR TXL. Cutting a relaxed end of a great journey with a Concorde room lunch.. To a quick snack.

Maybe I shouldn't be so loyal after all... Hmm
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Out in wt+ and a very nice welcome, "welcome back mr. Firstlight, can I get you anything" , i replied "a glass of champagne for me please and for the lady (who I'd not met before) sitting next to me". "After take off" was the reply, and sure enough two glasses of champagne appeared along with the rest of the bottle to top us up later on.

coming back, nothing, but then I'd been upgraded from wt+ to cw which I thought was recognition enough.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I received a personal greeting and handshake on Tuesday JFK-LHR.

My partner thought it was a bit weird
WickedStepMother and sean1231 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I received a personal greeting and handshake on Tuesday JFK-LHR.

My partner thought it was a bit weird
Agreed. It's bad enough when it's one of the cabin crew doing it :/
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
How about (1) the CSD and then (2) the captain. As was the case for me the other day.

Doc Copper
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
How about (1) the CSD and then (2) the captain. As was the case for me the other day.Doc Copper
Both! You must have been behaving very badly.
Marschel and bisonrav like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's been a very long time since I had a personal greeting, although that's mainly down to the fact I've been climbing the TP ladder with QR. Personally I do not find it strange and appreciate the recognition.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Just came off a very late BA482 after an unexpected diversion to TLS due to bad weather at BCN. Very rarely get the welcome but I thought due to the diversion I would. Despite the Purser (who was walking around with the iPad) having 7 hours to come and chat to me, sadly he didn’t!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
As a lonely sad Bronze member (soon to be silver WOOHOO) I got a greeting on my last ET flight LHR > HEL. just before the final approach I got the "MrColnic2011?? to which I replied yes, I hope everything was ok with your flight today, to which I replied everything was perfect, Then off she went" I didn't see her approach any1 else in Y and I had some glaring passengers questioning who I was I can only guess, as a Bronze I didn't expect this but was good to feel appreciated after 6 BA metal flights in 8 days.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Not had a GCH greeting on a shorthaul Y flight for a while, but they've usually been busy services.

Flying back from MAD to LHR on Saturday night, the load was very light - including just four pax in J - so I thought the iPad might be consulted before a quick look-in with me and the OH, also a GCH, as we made for an easy two-for-one. But no.

At one point I took my empty can and newspaper to the rear galley (where all the crew members had gathered) on my way to the toilet and was basically reprimanded firstly for not handing them over when she'd collected rubbish earlier (perhaps not considering that I hadn't finished with them at that stage) and secondly for not just stuffing them in the seat back pocket for the cleaners at LHR to deal with. Spoke volumes that she didn't just chose to say, "thank you" and take them off me.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.