Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:04 am

On my recent LGW-LAS, not only did I get a Gold greeting but the lovely crew member appeared with a tray with 3 glasses of fizz. Much appreciated it was too.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:02 am

Got woken up on a short hop from Germany (in ET) today by a crew member who "just wanted to wish me a happy new year" with a glass of champagne.

The guy next to me then asked me what that was all about - apparently he was also a GCH and didn't receive anything. More inconsistencies!
Sealink and rapidex like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Today on a domestic I was addressed by name and offered a pre departure cuppa. Nice little touch.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
To our surprise, addressed by name on our recent CPT-LGW and LGW-JER.

It must have been the sun-tan that did it, or iWife's 'aura' which seems to work everywhere!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
The other day an AA cabin crew member thanked me for being "Executive Platinum with British Airways"...
Sealink and TTmex like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
LGW - CGN nice chat with the CSD and offered first dibs on the meal choice ‘as we don’t have very many’- well there’s were onky 3 of us in CE so the other two had the the only ploughman’s and the remaining trio of sandwiches! They were together so I think they just had it as a large picnic!

DUS - LHR - just called sir. Whether that was because I was a very late booking (literally on the phone to Bremen before the flight closed) due to the drone I don’t know and the iPad not being updated. Only the cheese salad was left for me but a beef plate (not the other menu choice offered to others that day) magically appeared so maybe my gooldenness was realised!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I find that OW partners are more consistent with greetings - incl. JAL, FInnair, Qatar, CX and even S7. Over the past year I have only been greeted once on BA flying LHR-VIE
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Oddly, after a deficit of greetings throughout 2018, on my first flight of 2019 (LHR-BWI) I got two, one while they were serving pre-flight drinks (WT+), and then from CSM/CSD (?) while taxiing. Both short and to the point, but nevertheless welcomed.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
CSD LHR to JNB 23rd Dec came up stairs to greet us in Businesd . She recognised us from a flight in August when she served us in F . Did not see her for the rest of the flight .
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:53 am

Got a nice personal greeting and offered a glass of Champagne from further up the bus while sitting in WT+ on the way back from New York last night.

Had to politely decline due to dry January....the Stewardess looked quite perplexed!!!

😕
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
BA138 BOM-LHR on 9th Jan WT+

Received a ‘hello Mr.xx, here’s a bottle of water for you. Would you like some newspapers from Club World?’

Not sure if this qualifies as a Gold greeting.. but this is what I received...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Been greeted twice as a lowly silver. MEX to LHR and BCN to LGW.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
As an interesting point for comparison I recently flew LHR-PVG via HEL on finnair, as well as the service being consistently excellent in general I had a personal greeting from the pusor on each and every flight and on the log haul leg a geeeting and a further visit before landing (with connection information on the return leg). I think the thing that stood out was the consistency, with BA the greeting is a random event, with AY it appears to be a policy that is followed and treated seriously.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:44 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Joely
As an interesting point for comparison I recently flew LHR-PVG via HEL on finnair, as well as the service being consistently excellent in general I had a personal greeting from the pusor on each and every flight and on the log haul leg a geeeting and a further visit before landing (with connection information on the return leg). I think the thing that stood out was the consistency, with BA the greeting is a random event, with AY it appears to be a policy that is followed and treated seriously.
BA certainly appears to be much more complacent towards BAEC gold / Oneworld Emerald than several other Oneworld airlines do. I think BA takes BAEC gold / Oneworld Emerald for granted on several counts - eg generally failing to provide any additional soft perks (AY and AA will give free drinks in short haul Y, whereas on BA you get nothing for free) and also having an operational upgrade algorithm that often overlooks BAEC gold / Oneworld Emerald (my favourite airline for consistency on that front is CX).

Perhaps it's because there are so many more BAEC gold passengers on BA than there are AY platinum on AY or CX diamond on CX
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
The return Jnb Lhr , the CSD was marked by his abscence as they sometimes are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.