Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by headingwest
That is a blatant lie.
Here is the whole thing,
---
Thanks for getting in touch with us about your flight to Moscow on xx December. I apologise for the delay in replying to you. I completely understand why you’re disappointed we couldn’t offer you our full catering service when you travelled with us. I absolutely agree we’ve let you down and I’m so sorry.

Our catering supplier had unexpected problems with the system they use to deliver our catering. Our Operations team made the decision for your flight to depart without our full catering service on board, to avoid any further delay to your journey. However, I realise how difficult this was for you, especially on such a long flight.

Our Catering Manager responsible for this route, has started an investigation to make sure this doesn’t happen again. We’re very grateful for your feedback, as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

I'm concerned to learn that you had again faced a catering issue on your return flight to London Heathrow on xx December. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

I'm sorry that you feel we've displayed misleading information on our website. I realise this is not the service what you'd expect when travelling with us. I'm sorry to let you down.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Virgin Flying Club Red; IHG Spire
I suffered the single pathetic cheese bread roll treatment on a trip back from DME in August. The plane was also changed from an A321 to a 767 and the IFE didn't work properly.

The CSD was surely and unhelpful so I wrote a complaint online once I returned reminding BA that they didn't offer the service they advertised on the return. When booking a seat back from Moscow even today, in economy you are offered a "Complimentary three course meal and drinks".

BA need to tweak the website as a single cheese roll is not a three course meal even by the BA definition of 'enhancements' and indeed is less than you get on a flight to Milan.

No reply was ever received to my complain but 5,000 miles did mysteriously appear in our BA accounts as 'service recovery'. Still not sure whether this was from the complaint or the CSD on the iPad but it helped either way!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sorted!

Photo of roll originally posted by Ivanerr
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I complained online about the same problem back in October.

I mentioned the false advertising thing too

Then it was an egg sandwich on offer on both outbound and inbound legs.

I was told to call the BA Gold line as it was impossible to respond to me any other way. Basically - "you are too important to respond to by e-mail".

I gave up.

It is pathetic isn't it ?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:55 pm

Might send an email to the Long Haul Catering Manager for BA - as his details are on LinkedIn and see where that leads.....
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Just got back from DME on the 777 flight both ways, outbound got that roll - on the return got an Egg & Tomato Sandwich with a Kit Kat. Still a shocking offer....
I got the same sandwich on A321 last Monday too.
I don't like eggs and I couldn't finish it. Thank god I'm on a diet and don't eat much anyway

What puzzles me most is why can't they offer at least a choice?

If I remember correctly the Kosher version is a salmon sandwich, hope this helps anyone who doesn't like eggs or tomatoes.

"Our catering supplier had unexpected problems with the system they use to deliver our catering.
This is disappointing. I asked the same question back in February about my flight on 777 and got this answer

As you might be aware, we were unable to provide you with the meal service you would expect in World Traveller due to operational reasons. Due to space restrictions on the aircraft used for your flight, there have been certain issues with the Catering offered.

I would like to assure you that, we are determined to provide the highest possible level of service to our customers
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:48 pm

I know it sounds petty to keep trying - but just want BA to admit the truth!! This is the latest reponse from the Twitter team....

"We can assure you that it's not standard operating procedure not to offer a meal on this route. We can never guarantee a meal on any flight, due to us relying on Catering. There's a number of issues that can arise, and prevent service."
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:03 am

This is the latest reponse from the Twitter team....
They've got all kinds of replies under their belts...

(A guy claims he paid £1200)

And what I loved most (follow the link)

The link
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ivanerr
They've got all kinds of replies under their belts...

(A guy claims he paid £1200)

And what I loved most (follow the link)

The link
Ha ha - a bit crazy!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Ha ha - a bit crazy!
Is that the Russian double-eagle appearing next to the responses?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Same roll offered yesterday morning. I resisted.

I'm confused...Malta, a slightly shorter flight receives much better food. Plus the lounge in Malta also has tastier (less stale) options.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
I am doing BA 235 tomorrow to DME on the A321. Not looking forward to the on board meal...but at least managed to get emergency exits for some extra leg space
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by gnarly
Same roll offered yesterday morning. I resisted.
Did you say you're on a diet and that's too much?

Originally Posted by JFSV
I am doing BA 235 tomorrow to DME on the A321. Not looking forward to the on board meal...but at least managed to get emergency exits for some extra leg space
I'm on BA234 tomorrow, please don't drink all the cava
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:24 am

So I sent an email direct to the Head of Brands and Customer Experience at BA, explaining about the whole catering issue and the response I got through from Customer Service and the multitude of excuses.

In short it was passed back to Customer Service and a very lovely lady just rang me up to say that in the summary page where it explains about your luggage allowance and used to mention the fact you would get a 3 Course Meal it no longer does so.

And despite the fact I took a screenshot of the page saying this, the site also says to expect a snack and full bar service and that it was what I should expect.

So in essence there is no longer any argument about false advertising as they have taken it down but still a really poor offer and basically a lack of interest from BA.......
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:48 am

So I sent an email direct to the Head of Brands and Customer Experience at BA, explaining about the whole catering issue and the response I got through from Customer Service and the multitude of excuses.

In short it was passed back to Customer Service and a very lovely lady just rang me up to say that in the summary page where it explains about your luggage allowance and used to mention the fact you would get a 3 Course Meal it no longer does so.
So you're saying that BA.com sold you a flight promising a 3 course meal in both directions (and you have the proof) but you got just a manky roll on each flight instead - and super senior people are aware of this at BA, and their only response is to fix the website to stop other people being misled?

Wowsers, I can't believe they're not trying to make it up to you as good customer service to thank you for your report, never mind just trying to fix their broken promise to you from a legal perspective. Shockingly poor management from BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.