Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
It's back to Longhaul again on the 232/233 daily from March, but the 321's remain on the second and night flight
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ivanerr
It's been a while since I flew 321 on this route but if nothing has changed you get a sandwich on 321 and a roll on 777.

I'm flying 321 on Thursday and will post a picture of the sandwich.
No, I was wrong. It is exactly the same "Cheese and Tomato" roll as on 777.

To be honest 4 hours in A321's economy was not exactly a pleasant experience. Tiny seats, tiny sandwich, no cava, no tomato juice, wobbly tray table, flickering light...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
It's good that you photographed the roll next to the sachet of milk because we can see how small and pathetic that is. BA should be ashamed of the food on that route, that's a long flight.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by headingwest
It's good that you photographed the roll next to the sachet of milk because we can see how small and pathetic that is. BA should be ashamed of the food on that route, that's a long flight.
Yep that is small! As mentioned do BA serve Cava in Economy?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by londonba2014
As mentioned do BA serve Cava in Economy?
Yes. It is a WTP drink, but I was denied it only once by one particularly nasty crew member. It seems they don't have cavas stocked on 321 though.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by headingwest
that's a long flight.
Even longer on the way back this week with particularly punishing westerly winds!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Do I understand correctly soon there would be only 2 airlines serving the LON-MOW route? SU and BA? EZY will be gone (http://atwonline.com/airports-routes...moscow-service) soon.

So:

SU does not serve booze in Y
BA does not serve (meaningful) meals in Y

So the choice is yours - you want to drink or you want to eat - choose the airline accordingly
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by TPJ
Do I understand correctly soon there would be only 2 airlines serving the LON-MOW route? SU and BA? EZY will be gone (http://atwonline.com/airports-routes...moscow-service) soon.

So:

SU does not serve booze in Y
BA does not serve (meaningful) meals in Y

So the choice is yours - you want to drink or you want to eat - choose the airline accordingly
Russia wants the two slots that were UN's to go to Rossiya, but as Rossia is a subsidiary of SU, that could be an issue. As to EasyJet's slots, Virgin wanted them, but not sure if they still do and BA went for them too. Be nice to have BA at VKO, closer and faster to get to
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
It's back to Longhaul again on the 232/233 daily from March, but the 321's remain on the second and night flight
Is DME operated as an out and back for the crew - it is certainly a mystifying route!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Is DME operated as an out and back for the crew - it is certainly a mystifying route!
Yes - the crew doesn't leave the aircraft which some see as a real shame. I used to do the route weekly and remember the crew on the outbound were often mentioning how the route is quite polarising between those who like the dynamics of the route and those who truly detest it - especially the overnight flight from LHR

I was lucky, I started off when it was shorthaul and our expectation as passengers were very low - CE on a shorthaul 767, desperate to get a D/F seat, ideally at the back of the front cabin so you could get off quickly. Then it went longhaul, with a 747 and 2 x longhaul 767s every day - good longhaul service and longhaul TPs which did wonders for my lifetime TPs

Then, just as I stopped travelling to Moscow, the service started to downgrade with the odd A321 substitution and more and more shorthaul 767s. It certainly now seems to be a dog's breakfast of a service. I'm happy to be travelling elsewhere now - but I do miss the Hilton Leningradskaya where I was always treated very well..
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:41 pm

Just got back from DME on the 777 flight both ways, outbound got that roll - on the return got an Egg & Tomato Sandwich with a Kit Kat. Still a shocking offer....

Originally Posted by Ivanerr
No, I was wrong. It is exactly the same "Cheese and Tomato" roll as on 777.

To be honest 4 hours in A321's economy was not exactly a pleasant experience. Tiny seats, tiny sandwich, no cava, no tomato juice, wobbly tray table, flickering light...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:39 am

Although I know to expect it - I did complain to BA about the offering and misleading information on their site, they got back to me with this new reason as to only being able to offer a roll.

"Our catering supplier had unexpected problems with the system they use to deliver our catering. Our Operations team made the decision for your flight to depart without our full catering service on board, to avoid any further delay to your journey."

I don't understand why they just can't tell the truth....
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Although I know to expect it - I did complain to BA about the offering and misleading information on their site, they got back to me with this new reason as to only being able to offer a roll.

"Our catering supplier had unexpected problems with the system they use to deliver our catering. Our Operations team made the decision for your flight to depart without our full catering service on board, to avoid any further delay to your journey."

I would honestly write back at rely your experiences to let them know that this is not an operational issue but a constant decision that BA make on this route. Hell, you get a better meal than that on a SOF/LCA/IST/KBP and all the LGW Band 3B+ routes! shocking
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by BA0197
I would honestly write back at rely your experiences to let them know that this is not an operational issue but a constant decision that BA make on this route. Hell, you get a better meal than that on a SOF/LCA/IST/KBP and all the LGW Band 3B+ routes! shocking
I will do, as fair enough the fact they don't provide is bad enough but then to start lying about it is something else...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond

That is a blatant lie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.