Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding GUF2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
How do you differentiate between GUF1 and 2 in my BAEC page?

It says I've earned Gold Upgrade Voucher (1) and need some more points for (2).
It doesn't tell me a single thing about them if I click on them etc.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The description of the voucher in the My eVouchers table on your beach homepage says "Gold Upgrade for Two". For a GUF1 it would say "Gold Upgrade for One".

Example:

Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:02 am

I don't seem to have the e-vouchers bit.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
I don't seem to have the e-vouchers bit.
When did you hit the threshold?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe what xenole is referring to is the tracker on the right side of the page saying xx TPs until Gold upgrade voucher (1) / (2).

(1) refers to the first set, which is 1xGUF2
(2) refers to the second set, which is 2xGUF1

If you've earned the GUF2 (so Gold upgrade voucher (1)), then it should show under my e-vouchers (assuming this wasn't earned within the last 24hrs), until you use it.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
When did you hit the threshold?
Few days ago. It does state that I've earned one which may be on the tracker thing mentioned above (clicking on gold benefits).
Might be a case of waiting a little longer, not that I'm going use it just yet whilst I'm holidaying in the US etc.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:53 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I assume that when one meets the required TPs for GUF2 and GUF1 that any GUF2 or GUF1s that are still valid on the account are not replaced by these?
For example, I got a GUF2 expiring in April, and I'll probably hit the required TPs in Feb. I would assume I would be awarded the new GUF2 while the older GUF2 stays on my account, correct?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
I assume that when one meets the required TPs for GUF2 and GUF1 that any GUF2 or GUF1s that are still valid on the account are not replaced by these?
For example, I got a GUF2 expiring in April, and I'll probably hit the required TPs in Feb. I would assume I would be awarded the new GUF2 while the older GUF2 stays on my account, correct?
GUFs last until the expiry date or use (whichever happens first). If you earn more then they just get added to the list.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: British Airways GCH
Hi,

I've just been checking my evouchers and spotted that the wrong GUF voucher has been applied to a booking (i.e. Not the one with the earliest expiry date), is it possible to switch which voucher is applied to the booking? I do not want to lose the booking...

Also is the 6 month extension to GUF expiry still something that BA will do? With all the enhancements I am a little nervous.

Thanks as always, YF.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by youngfogey
Hi,

I've just been checking my evouchers and spotted that the wrong GUF voucher has been applied to a booking (i.e. Not the one with the earliest expiry date), is it possible to switch which voucher is applied to the booking? I do not want to lose the booking...

Also is the 6 month extension to GUF expiry still something that BA will do? With all the enhancements I am a little nervous.

Thanks as always, YF.
This happened to me once and I noticed about a week after the booking was made. I called the GGL line and had no problem getting it swapped over. I've not heard of a change to the policy of extending GUFs so I suspect it's still possible.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:46 am

Hi,

Thanks as always, YF.
I've had the same thing.Just call and they will swap.The extentions are still in place.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:51 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Hi,

Thanks as always, YF.
Hi. One possible explanation is how you have used your voucher(s) i.e. you have a GUF2 and seemingly at least 1 x GUF1?

I extended a GUF in early December as wasn't going to use it.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I have a couple questions on using my GUF-2, but don't have time to read this entire thread and i didn't see answers to most of these in the couple of pages I skimmed over.

My GUF-2 expires in Sep 2017. Do I only need to make the booking by then?

If I want to upgrade from a paid J ticket to F, are all J-class fares eligible? Does there need to be award or A fares available in F to be able to use the GUF-2 or if there are 2 revenue F seats available could I use it?

If I booked a J award ticket, could i use a GUF-2 to upgrade it to F?

Can i upgrade tickets from BA.com or do i need (or are there advantages) to book through a TA?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by XCstud
I have a couple questions on using my GUF-2, but don't have time to read this entire thread and i didn't see answers to most of these in the couple of pages I skimmed over.

My GUF-2 expires in Sep 2017. Do I only need to make the booking by then?

If I want to upgrade from a paid J ticket to F, are all J-class fares eligible? Does there need to be award or A fares available in F to be able to use the GUF-2 or if there are 2 revenue F seats available could I use it?

If I booked a J award ticket, could i use a GUF-2 to upgrade it to F?

Can i upgrade tickets from BA.com or do i need (or are there advantages) to book through a TA?
With all due respect you should simply go and read the first few pages of this thread where most of your questions are answered. Also do read the T&C on it on your BAEC page. The only bit I don't think is covered is the upgrade of award J to F, but I think it has to be a revenue ticket in order to upgrade it - the exception being RFS tickets where you do sometimes get offered a POUG, but I am not sure on this.
Personally I always use a travel agent as they (for a small fee) give you a far greater choice of flights AND book you into a revenue class.

Last edited by snuffi; Dec 30, 2016 at 2:45 am
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Could we add a wiki to this thread? I read through the first 3 pages and I wouldn't say that most of my questions were definitively answered there.

The T&C on BA's websites states: Gold Upgrade vouchers can be used in conjunction with any published fare sold directly by British Airways, including Avios points redemption bookings. (bolding mine).

If i book an I class fare that says no changes, no upgrades permitted, can I use the GUF-2 on it? It's a published fare sold directly by BA.

I see references to A-bucket availability to upgrade to F with a TA, but is that definitive? If there isn't A availability, does that mean i can't upgrade that flight?

You can use it with TA to upgrade a booking if there is revenue availability in the cabin you want to upgrade to (T, I and A I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.