Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
321 = Airbus A321
32Q = Airbus A321neo

UPDATE: Initial posts are now largely outdated but the seat plans and descriptions in post #1 are up-to-date and reflect the densified cabin layouts of both the CEO and NEO aircraft. Below is the basic summary from the WIKI on the "Densified A321" Thread

All BA's existing A321ceo aircraft have now been densified from 205 to 218 seats.
New A321neo aicraft are being added, these start with registration G-NEOP and onwards. These have 220 seats, with Row 9 having 6 seats rather than 4 seats.
There are no A321 205 seat aircraft now in service.
The first A321neo entered service on 30th November 2018.

A321ceo (CY218):
Seats with extra knee space are in rows 1, 10, 23 (pairs of 2 seats) and 24 (A and F only).
Seats in row 37 (back row) have no window view.
They have Pinnacle seats throughout.
There are middle seat tables in CE.
See this post from @CWS for some photos
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

The following elevation diagrams of the A321 CEO (type 21V) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

A321neo (CY220):
Extra Legroom seats are in rows 1, 16 and 27
Seats in roww 37 (back row) have no window view.
Rows 1-14 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 15-37 feature Slimline Recaro Seats with no recline.
There are NO middle seat tables in CE.
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A321 NEO (type 32Q). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisiest, quietest seats in Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Airbus A321.

MMB code 21V (A321 ceo)
BA's short haul A321s are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Maximum seating capacity is 218M.

Notes:
  • Seat pitch is approx 30” in standard rows. Pitch is the same in business class ("Club Europe") as it is in economy ("Euro Traveller")
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a centre console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period. The maximum capacity in business class is 54C (rows 1 to 14)
  • Row 1 and exit rows 10 and 23 offer greater leg room. Seats 24A and 24F also have more legroom but at the cost of no window views
  • Seats fitted on BA short haul A321s do not have power sockets (subject to verification)

MMB code 32Q (A321 neo, formerly 32N)
BA's fleet of A321neo aircraft, introduced into service in 2018, are fitted with B/E Aerospace Pinnacle leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage but only in rows 1 to 14. Rows 15 and aft are fitted with slimline Recaro seats. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Maximum seating capacity is 220M. All seats have USB power and universal power sockets are additionally fitted in rows 1 to 14

Notes:
  • Extra Legroom seats are in Row 1, Row 16 and Row 26
  • Row 27 (exit row) and row 37 (back row) have no window view.
  • Rows 1 to 14 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 15 to 37 feature Slimline Recaro Seats with no recline and without adjustable head rests.
  • Middle seats remain blocked in Club Europe, however, there are no seat mounted tables

Related threads

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 6, 2023 at 1:17 pm Reason: update with latest seat maps
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Folks, I am in the process of rebuilding our seat guides. Since the A380 seating thread works very well, I figured I’d create a new guide for each aircraft type. I’ve launched this beta version using the A321 as a template for future guides.

The diagrams above were created by yours truly, using Lufthansa seat maps as a background. Lufty just does a more aesthetically pleasing map. Before anyone starts jumping up and down, thumping the table, and/or flapping their arms, I know the wing markings are incorrect and there's a curtain missing behind row 7 but this will be remedied.

I’d like to add basic stats to the opening post, such as extent of convertible seating, seat pitches etc etc. If anyone has this data to hand, please do post any info you'd like to see added. Also, please populate the Wiki with all the best seats as well as those best avoided.

Thanks

Prospero
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Convertibles up to row 17 I think Prospero?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Convertibles up to row 17 I think Prospero?
Thanks. I vaguely recall seats 08E and 08F (next to the crew jump seat) are fixed in expanded mode. Does sound right?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Put shorthaul in the title so it's not confused with the mid haul aircraft.

On shorthaul I like taking a seat in the first emergency exit row, amazing legroom if I'm in economy or there's a big Club Europe cabin. It's also nice to have an extra toilet in the front (which is not on the mid haul aircraft). On mid haul I like any of the solo seats for the space offered. Even when there's two travelling if you plan to just watch TV, read or sleep then the solo seats are still worth getting.

Don't forget to update this when shorthaul gets enhanced
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Prospero
Thanks. I vaguely recall seats 08E and 08F (next to the crew jump seat) are fixed in expanded mode. Does sound right?
That's my experience and that reminds me why I prefer that side when I'm on the A321 when I normally go for the ABC side.

Of course I'm not 100% sure they're fixed in the expanded width or whether they hadn't bothered adjusting it as it makes no difference to the overall width as the crew seat is fixed.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Yes, I think this is correct, when in CE only F is sold but when in ET it never needs moving, so it probably is always a slightly wider pair of seats.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:17 am

Perhaps worth noting that 22A and F offer enormous leg room, but not B-E on that row. This is a side effect of 21 being an exit row, then 21A/F not being present. I grabbed a (cameraphone) photo recently which can be seen here.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Yes I think so.....
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Do 22AF have a window?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
It doesn't really feel like much more space though (width-wise). Or maybe I just got that impression because unlike in CE, I always had someone next to me in these seats
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by csutter
It doesn't really feel like much more space though (width-wise). Or maybe I just got that impression because unlike in CE, I always had someone next to me in these seats

Well they are front row seats, so you have slightly less space because of the seat table, so it is not that big but probably bigger than the ABC side.

Forgot to say how good the finished affect is, well done Prospero.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
The BA seat maps on ba.com show the maximum and minimum CE seats per aircraft.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see these maps are for configuration 21A.

Are the B2As still around? If so, what's the difference?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

I've updated the maps. Here's an alternative to the click image to enlarge format - it displays the large image within a fixed window but allows you to scroll back and forth. The images have a habit of meandering though. I'm not sure if I like that.

A321 UK Domestic configuration
Code:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

A321 European configuration
Code:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.