Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Rotterdam RTM - No and No (wiki updated)
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Flew back to LHR from CHQ (Chania - Crete) yesterday. As it's a seasonal route, there was a large group of passengers with babies and infants who went through first (nearly 30 people in total), but then they called groups strictly in group number order. This meant that pre-boarders, along with Groups 1,2 and 3 made it onto the first bus to the plane. (all of a 30 second bus journey!)

Very efficient for a seasonal route and boarding by stairs into front and rear doors made it a super quick boarding process.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Why do so many airports persist in calling Groups 1, 2 and 3 together? Really annoying as results in a needless huddle
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Why do so many airports persist in calling Groups 1, 2 and 3 together? Really annoying as results in a needless huddle
To be fair, Chania was very good and did it to the letter. It's just a shame that we all then ended up on the same bus
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: Varies
Vancouver YVR

YVR: Although the boarding pass doesn't indicate Fast Track Security, as CW passengers we were allowed through the Fast Track entrance to security. Once through the entrance we were funnelled to the back of the normal security line. It was a very short line with just one scanner operating, so perhaps Fast Track offers an advantage at busier times. At quiet times it's a disadvantage to use this, but you can't tell how busy it is until you've committed to a lane.

At the boarding gates there were separate signs for Groups 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 to queue behind. It seemed, for this 380 flight, that over half the passengers were in Group 2. There were no line markings behind the signs and the Group 2 sign was in front of an area that included seating. A number of different queues formed around the seats, and obviously very few people joined the back of the longest (original) queue. Group 1 passengers were having problems identifying their queue because of the multiple Group 2 queues. Once Group 2 was announced, all the Group 2 queues surged forwards and those who'd joined the back of the original queue were overtaken.

There were very short queues for Groups 3, 4 and 5, and no obstacles in the way, so I imagine that worked much more smoothly than the Group 2 boarding.

Wiki updated

Last edited by ttama; Aug 9, 2018 at 3:00 am
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:58 pm

Multiple PAX and two booking refs

I'm flying LHR-YVR on BA next week with wife and two of our University-age kids. One of the kids is in Y (or actually L) because he is on the first leg of a RTW ticket. The other kid plus wife and me are in WT+. I've got a BA Silver card (Gold next month!). What can I get away with in terms of lounge access and priority security/ boarding? I believe I am entitled to one guest for the CW lounge. Might they allow more guests or allow me to rotate my guests? Unfortunately the kids aren't exactly cute 3-year olds so I'm guessing that playing the family card isn't really going to work, which is fair enough.

What about priority boarding? Can all 4 of us just go in with Group 2 if I boldly place my boarding card on the top of the pile? It would be useful for the son in the back of the plane since he is in Row 70 of the A380 which I don't think has any overhead locker space, so he will benefit from getting on board early.

From reading the thread it sounds as if even taking one person with me in priority security is pushing it, so I suppose we will have to do the normal security, which will be good for the soul. (Had to do that myself at Helsinki this afternoon, after a really excellent flight on Finn Air in business class from BKK in their lovely A350, on my way to a more mundane flight to LHR on an A321.)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bossarb
What about priority boarding? Can all 4 of us just go in with Group 2 if I boldly place my boarding card on the top of the pile?
Yes. You can.
Bossarb likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:02 am

Calgary offers priority security for CW (I'm not sure about status members), as well as priority boarding.

They have not used Group One signs the few times I've boarded in the last couple of months. No first class on the route, but Golds are funnelled in with CW and Silvers making it a large group. (I'm guessing this isn't really the way things are supposed to work, as Group One is separately boarded on other three class long-haul routes).

It's also my experience that TLV offers priority security to F and CW (both for the interview at check-in as well as the screening point). Wiki updated.

Last edited by makin'miles; Aug 12, 2018 at 2:08 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum
Flew HAJ-LHR last week in CE. Coming out of the lounge that is landside I saw a massive queue for security. Despite what I read on here before my trip, I had a go at scanning my boarding pass at the priority security lane and it worked.

Priority boarding was active, but groups 1-3 were called up at the same time which I found slightly annoying, given there was no airside lounge and not enough seats at the gate.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flew from BCN last week as a Silver with Mrs Row9 (Blue). No "Fast Track" on the e-boarding pass, but at check-in Mrs Row9 was given a bit of paper and we were both directed through the Fast Track.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Ticket in CE from OLB does not grant access to fast track security.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum
Flew DUS-LHR in CE. Usual problem with the security lanes.

Priority boarding was a farce, with about a 15 second gap between group 1 being called and groups 2 and 3, resulting in a mass scrum.

Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:59 am

Returning from Kalamata last Saturday, call went out for families to board - every single person on an A320 bar the 8 or so I counted at the end was part of a family with young children.! I boarded group 1 - plumb last. Short stroll across the tarmac with stairs for and aft That's seasonal holiday flights for you
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:10 pm

Officially BA has no fast track security at Helsinki. However, I have several times had the Amex platinum ready for access but the e-boarding pass with BA Gold and a BA CE ticket has always opened the automatic gates before swiping the AX card. Once I asked why, and the answer was that I must have an emerald card in the booking. That is true, but the gates do not open with an Economy class Ticket. N.B. Some experts have said it is better to go to the nearest gates to non-Schengen gates even without fast-track.I have edited the wiki accordingly.

Last edited by nordic; Aug 30, 2018 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:28 am

Las Vegas to Heathrow, last Sunday in F. Whole family got TSA pre (despite wife having a medium-risk non-EU passport). Boarding shambolic. Called group 1 over tannoy, verbally telling all the passengers huddled at gate that it was 1and 2, but actively letting everyone through. The guy in front of me was told “you’re group 4, it’s just 1 and 2” but sent through anyway.

boarding was so bad that CSM made an announcement on board to apologise, and also came up to premium pax individually to apologise and let us know it would be fed back to BA. Apparently they’ve recently changed ground agent in LAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.