Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Just to echo what Globaliser has said, water can spread across the floor. It won't be enough to be a problem for a wheeled bag standing up off the ground. You will have to shuffle things around and use the toilet as a shelf to keep bags completely off the floor but it isn't too hard. Do not worry about the monsters that live down the drain, there is no record of them coming out and eating people I always find the shower controls a bit of a challenge but I am used to a simpler system.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:47 pm

Arriving at LHR from LAS in world traveler. Will I have access to the arrivals lounge as an AA EXP / OW Emerald?
Old May 7, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by mster
Arriving at LHR from LAS in world traveler. Will I have access to the arrivals lounge as an AA EXP / OW Emerald?
yes
Old May 7, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just keep in mind that the Arrivals lounge closes at 2pm, and food is taken away at around 12:30pm. I believe the LAS flight lands in the afternoon.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mzb00
Just keep in mind that the Arrivals lounge closes at 2pm, and food is taken away at around 12:30pm. I believe the LAS flight lands in the afternoon.
15:30 at present so no go. If OP has Priority Pass then he/she will be about in time for afternoon tea at the lounge in the Sofitel.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Do we have time? Or should we go to lounges?

Hi. We are flying SIN-LHR-LBA in First on BA012 arriving at 05:55. Our onward flight is on the same ticket so no need to collect luggage.
Our LHR-LBA onward flight leaves at 07:50 what are our options in reality?
Would we be better just accessing the main lounges or do we have time for the Arrivals lounges?
Thanks
Old May 7, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by settlenick
Hi. We are flying SIN-LHR-LBA in First on BA012 arriving at 05:55. Our onward flight is on the same ticket so no need to collect luggage.
Would we be better just accessing the main lounges or do we have time for the Arrivals lounges?
Thanks
No point to go to the arrivals lounge, just use the CCR.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by settlenick
Thanks
It's a tricky one. I have done a few early arrivals (from HKG and BOS) over the last few months and had similarly timed onward flight.

For the LBA flights remember that boarding doesn't start until 30 minutes before departure, if you get a gate at the south end of T5A you don't need to leave until 35 minutes before, and if at the north end you don't need to leave until maybe 40 minutes before - assuming you want to be then when boarding starts. Basically you should have just under 1 hour 30 mins for your connection.

Also I suspect domestic connections shouldn't be too busy at that time, but just in case it is do not hesitate to go landside and use the e-passport gates, then either use south security (the secret door is still open) or the the first wing to get back airside.

For the arrival from BOS I was connecting to the morning LBA flight. I did go landside and to the arrivals lounge for a shower, then headed back airside to have some breakfast in the CCR. If you just want some breakfast then probably just head to the CCR.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The arrivals lounge is really nothing special compared to any of the lounges airside. I'd just stay airside. You can have a shower airside as well.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Thanks

Thanks for the responses.
We have decided to stay airside and get to the CCR.
Really excited by the whole trip as we are spending 3 weeks in Thailand.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:14 am

Arriving at 06:30 on transatlantic F class then on to CPH in CW from T5 at 09:55. Is the Arrivals Lounge our best bet or do we have the option of going to CCR First Class area even though the next leg flight is CW? It looks like from above folks are saying the CCR is better but does it matter we are CW at that point having just finished our F class flight?

Last edited by profpeabody; Aug 24, 2017 at 10:26 am Reason: added info
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by profpeabody
Arriving at 06:30 on transatlantic F class then on to CPH in CW from T5 at 12:55. Is the Arrivals Lounge our best bet or do we have the option of going to CCR?
If that's Copenhagen it's probably Club Europe. But pedantry apart, there's no doubt in my mind you should head for CCR and stay airside, assuming it is BA metal. You would have access.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Have they stopped the ironing service? The instructions have been taken down from inside the cubicle doors.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:53 am

You are right..CE not CW. Thanks for the reply. BA metal all the way so guess we are good to go. Thanks again.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’ve been to the arrivals lounge on a number of occasions, but can’t recall if it has any areas suitable for working for a few hours – I don’t think there are any workstations, but am I right in thinking there are tables as you enter to the immediate right hand side?

I have a few hours post arrival from a longhaul before I need to be somewhere relatively close to Heathrow so might as well install myself in the Arrivals lounge and plough through my inbox for a few hours…guidance welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.