Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Travelling with car seat, stroller etc. Suggestions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling with car seat, stroller etc. Suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:54 am
09R

Thanks CIHY.

The sales agent I spoke to told me that all cot positions are occupied so I assume there are already three infants in J? All the seats you mentioned are also showing as occupied on the seat map both on BA.com and ExpertFlyer

How many cots are usually loaded onto the aircraft? Can one be placed in 64JK?

I would also like to think the people in 64AB wouldn't mind swapping, but, those seats seem to be quite a strong preference for some flyers! (especially on this board!)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would call again as I doubt if there are.
There are normally two cots and about eight car seats.
64K is also very popular and more private than 64A.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:33 pm
09R

Thanks CIHY!

I spoke to youfirst and they confirmed that all 3 bassinet positions were occupied (14, 20 and 64AB). They have put me on a "priority waitinglist" should anyone travelling with infants cancel their trip. I am not too hopeful as we are are travelling on 22nd December so I imagine it is quite busy then!

What I wanted to ask is would I be allowed to take on board the bassinet from my stroller (pictured here: http://www.kiddisave.co.uk/bugaboo-c...FclQ3god8g4A1A) and put it on the floor by 64K?

I just want to be as well prepared as possible should there be no cots available!

Thanks,
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I would call again as I doubt if there are.
There are normally two cots and about eight car seats.
64K is also very popular and more private than 64A.
Would you mind clarifying what the procedure is in First when it comes to potentially moving people around to facilitate use of the (single) cot position?

Travelling on BA57, which is the mid-J and therefore prone to OF. On outbound, currently booked into 4 EF as 5 is taken (apparently by people not travelling with infants, strongly hinted at by YF)

Assuming its NF, would the crew move people around in F to accommodate use of cot? Similarly if it's OF, would they shift people around to facilitate 1K?

Is it even worth it when travelling F? If not, would you recommend sticking with the mid seats or going, for instance, 2A,3A for the privacy and extra shelf space?

Ta.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Thanks CIHY!

I spoke to youfirst and they confirmed that all 3 bassinet positions were occupied (14, 20 and 64AB). They have put me on a "priority waitinglist" should anyone travelling with infants cancel their trip. I am not too hopeful as we are are travelling on 22nd December so I imagine it is quite busy then!

What I wanted to ask is would I be allowed to take on board the bassinet from my stroller (pictured here: http://www.kiddisave.co.uk/bugaboo-c...FclQ3god8g4A1A) and put it on the floor by 64K?

I just want to be as well prepared as possible should there be no cots available!

Thanks,
Hopefully a cot position will come up, it is very unlikely there will be no cots available for customers in CW, I cannot tell if the cot on your buggy would be suitable.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DWB1873
Would you mind clarifying what the procedure is in First when it comes to potentially moving people around to facilitate use of the (single) cot position?

Travelling on BA57, which is the mid-J and therefore prone to OF. On outbound, currently booked into 4 EF as 5 is taken (apparently by people not travelling with infants, strongly hinted at by YF)

Assuming its NF, would the crew move people around in F to accommodate use of cot? Similarly if it's OF, would they shift people around to facilitate 1K?

Is it even worth it when travelling F? If not, would you recommend sticking with the mid seats or going, for instance, 2A,3A for the privacy and extra shelf space?

Ta.
Each situation will be different but if we can see that a swap might be possible and not inconvenience anyone we would try, but the customer will have the right to refuse and we wouldn't push it.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Hopefully a cot position will come up, it is very unlikely there will be no cots available for customers in CW, I cannot tell if the cot on your buggy would be suitable.
Would a baby on the floor in a cot be allowed?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, babies and children's heads must never be any lower than the drop down oxygen masks would reach, actually it's the same for adults.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I asked this upstream but I don't think anyone has replied.

Is anyone able to confirm if you can check a buggy at the door of the plane and have it delivered back to you on the carousel?

Is this an option you can request, or if it is gate checked, do you always have to wait for it the other end?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:24 am
09R

No, babies and children's heads must never be any lower than the drop down oxygen masks would reach, actually it's the same for adults.
So does this mean if a bassinet position doesn't open of I will have to hold the baby for the whole flight?

Does 64JK have a drop down table to put a cot/carseat on?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, if no bassinet position opens up your baby has to stay on your lap.
There is no bassinet table at 64JK.
I am trying to find out in the information you were given from YF is correct.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I asked this upstream but I don't think anyone has replied.

Is anyone able to confirm if you can check a buggy at the door of the plane and have it delivered back to you on the carousel?

Is this an option you can request, or if it is gate checked, do you always have to wait for it the other end?
You can do either, if they don't put a big orange return to gate label on the buggy it will be delivered with your baggage.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
You can do either, if they don't put a big orange return to gate label on the buggy it will be delivered with your baggage.
Perfect.

Cheers CIHY!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:57 am
09R

Correct, if no bassinet position opens up your baby has to stay on your lap.
There is no bassinet table at 64JK.
I am trying to find out in the information you were given from YF is correct.
Don't really fancy holding a 6 week old for 12 hrs to SIN..... so thank you that would be very helpful
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi
Thanks wozza!

Sorry for the thicko questions....
Definitely not thicko questions, I have exactly the same setup and will be taking my wee one back home in CW when he is about 6 months on a 767 for 12 hours and the advice from your question helps me out no end in planning. We already have the 'official' travel bag for the stroller, looks sturdy enough to protect it. The maxi-cosi pebble and base, we will shove in the box similar to how it got here from the UK with the in-laws and oversize baggage it. We will be moving back permanently though hence the base coming with us, otherwise i would take just the car seat and use the seat-belt method of securing it for a hire car (especially in case the hire car did not accept the base, some do not). We have a sling as well (wrap sling rather than baby bjorn sort of stuff since according to the wife, they damage your kids hips. I do as i am told!) which we will use for getting about LHR once we arrive into the zoo known as T5 immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.