Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by seacow
Hey guys. Well it all worked out fine. The guy next to me didn't care less where he sat, had a few drinks as well but worked out fine.
Good stuff. I hope your luck continues in Vegas!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: QFF
I'm having a problem with seat selection on the BA site as well.
Oneworld Emerald traveling in CW. The site let me pick a seat for LHR-PVG, but not LHR-DXB on the same ticket.
I'm guessing that's because the LHR-DXB flight is booked on the IB code, but I took the same sector last year with the IB code and was able to select seats without issue.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Well we are home again and was asked to do a little trip review so here goes!! Outbound was fairly uneventful - didn't get lounge access as expected but ate in Plane Food and really enjoyed it, did some shopping and the time at Heathrow flew by. As noted already fellow passenger more than happy to move so we could sit together which was great. WTP looking a bit tired but still worth the extra over WT IMO. IFE failed twice but otherwise all good. Waited 30 minutes for bags in LAS which was unusual but could be due to government issues over there!

On the way home we managed to select seats early as I am now bronze. Checked flight in the morning and already showing as late. When we got to the airport was still showing as 45 minutes delay due to late arrival - it was actually only 30 minutes late in but still 50 minutes late taking off. I assumed that the would make some back but we were an hour late - then ATC issues meant we were 90 minutes late. The pilot didn't even acknowledge the tardiness let alone apologise which was unusual. There was no real mention of connecting flights so I asked as we deplaned given we had missed our connection to EDI - they said see the connections centre as we get off. Well there was no connection centre as we were at E gate. So made our way to the main terminal and asked where we should go and was sent to rebook after explaining. Standing in large queue I noticed the woman I just spoke to sending folk the other way after checking her list - so I asked her about this and she said oh yes you are on here come this way instead!! So new line and saw a new lady who said well if you haven't been rebooked you need to queue over there - I told her the service was awful as we had been over there and been sent here etc - anyway she found us and we were on the next flight so just an hour delay. ALL the BA staff in T5 had some kind of personality by-pass yesterday though - there are signs everywhere saying be nice to their staff - they should try it themselves!! I was surprised that no one met the plane and that there was not more clarity on where to go. I am fairly switched on and know T5 well but a non frequent traveller could well have been high and dry - we only just made our re-booked flight so any wrong turns along the way could have seen more rebooking!! Home safe and sound though after a great holiday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.