FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1498483-qr-ba-partnership-commencing-monday-2-september-2013-a.html)

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 21548779)
just booked DXB-DOH for a buddy of mine. 4500 + US$51. not bad, i was afraid taxes and fees were going to be like $100.

Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around £50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save £20 a good buy. YMMV.

Globaliser Oct 3, 2013 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 21541454)
A small glitch, as shown by the image in shorthauldad's post: ba.com is displaying the RJ logo against the QR flights.

This is still happening. It may be particularly confusing if you ask for an itinerary that has one RJ flight and one QR flight.

FlyingScientist Oct 3, 2013 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21549304)
Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around £50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save £20 a good buy. YMMV.

Or you can buy a QR ticket for £85.

UA Fan Oct 3, 2013 6:42 pm

anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?

ScruttonStreet Oct 4, 2013 3:38 am

has anyonebeen able to redeem their QR miles on a BA flight?

Or am I not supposed to be able to do that yet?

NA-Flyer Oct 4, 2013 4:32 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 21550030)
anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?

I tried many times but I always get the error message and to call service center.

aarif1 Oct 4, 2013 2:58 pm

So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.

neuromancer Oct 4, 2013 4:28 pm

Some airports served by LAN haven't been recognised for years and some airports in Japan have even disappeared from BA's booking engine recently, so don't hold your breath for ISB.

zainman Oct 4, 2013 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1 (Post 21555032)
So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.

I hope KHI becomes available online too...

lorcancoyle Oct 5, 2013 1:33 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club (Post 21541709)
Sorry all it seems I was a little quick off the mark here - we are working on this ASAP and hope to have this up and running soon

Nicci

Just worked for me, thanks Nicci ^

(Replacing PER-HKG-LHR with PER-DOH-LHR, will have to find another time to try the A380...)

mmdpkaaa Oct 10, 2013 3:41 am

has anyone successfully used avios to book a QR flight?

YClass Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am

Yes. Saw availability online (BA.com) but had to call BA to book it - same as I have previously had to do for QF as well. Flying on 30th which should be fun!

Lux Oct 10, 2013 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 21539039)
Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.

Ahem, the booking classes remain unchanged despite Qatar realigning their fare buckets. I really do hope BA's accepted fare classes will change by the time Qatar join OneWorld, otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed travellers. Including me.

h15t0r1an Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

Originally Posted by IceInTheCider (Post 21548961)
Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.

Yes it's quite surprising what Qatar owns now. Harrods, Aspreys.... and huge slices of equity in a number of major British companies. QR's evolution is worth keeping an eye on. They're not going away anytime soon.

danger Oct 13, 2013 8:04 am

Unfortunately, BA does not allow Australian-based flyers (among a few others) to register for their Executive Club and Avios.

I'd be grateful if somebody with access could do a quick search for award availability DOH-DAR in Economy and Business in either of their two daily flights on 8 and 9 July 2014.