FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1498483-qr-ba-partnership-commencing-monday-2-september-2013-a.html)

shorthauldad Oct 2, 13 11:07 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 21541411)
Award seats showing for EZE-GRU-DOH but won't price up either.

Seems to be some decent availability.

Well, unless you want to travel at traditional holiday times!

From Germany (FRA/MUC) to DOH there's a complete absence of redemption seats - in any class - from ~12 Dec until 31 Dec. This shouldn't come as a complete surprise, but still :td:

Globaliser Oct 2, 13 11:10 am

A small glitch, as shown by the image in shorthauldad's post: ba.com is displaying the RJ logo against the QR flights.

BA Executive Club Oct 2, 13 11:52 am

Sorry all it seems I was a little quick off the mark here - we are working on this ASAP and hope to have this up and running soon

Nicci

Blueboys999 Oct 2, 13 2:00 pm

Just booked 2 seats KUL-DOH-LHR-MAN. Business to DOH then F to LHR. Came in at 200k Avios + 320. Showed available online but had to call to book.

nh1980 Oct 2, 13 4:43 pm

Unfortunately QR flights still not coming up on oneworld RTW planning tool yet. Flights to DOH are BA only and if you want to get from DOH to say KUL, RJ is the only option

UA Fan Oct 2, 13 5:26 pm

They are still not in 1W right?

KVS Oct 2, 13 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 21543649)
They are still not in 1W right?

QR will become a OneWorld member on 30 Oct 2013.

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 13 1:55 am

Have we heard anything about a double miles promo when they officially join?

holtju2 Oct 3, 13 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21545501)
Have we heard anything about a double miles promo when they officially join?

Double miles promos for new Oneworld members airlines have usually been announced within a week of joining and they tend to last for two months.

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 13 2:56 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21545509)
Double miles promos for new Oneworld members airlines have usually been announced within a week of joining and they tend to last for two months.

Here's hoping. Got a few booked for the second week of Nov. Quite interested to see QR's J product again. It's been 18 months or so.

atcanobbio Oct 3, 13 1:50 pm

for the people who have booked by calling, since still cannot book online, were you charged a fuel surcharge? I'm looking into booking some DXB-DOH and DOH-AUH flights and it would suck if they charged a YQ on those flights.

shorthauldad Oct 3, 13 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 21548330)
for the people who have booked by calling, since still cannot book online, were you charged a fuel surcharge? I'm looking into booking some DXB-DOH and DOH-AUH flights and it would suck if they charged a YQ on those flights.

There must be some YQ in there, I booked MCT-DOH-MUC for a family of 4 and the total taxes/fees/charges came to 274.30

You're charged YQ when you redeem Avios with CX. Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

UA Fan Oct 3, 13 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21548477)
Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

Domestic flights on AA and some intl routes. I think any carrier that charges YQ in the revenue fare will have YQ with BA.

atcanobbio Oct 3, 13 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21548477)
There must be some YQ in there, I booked MCT-DOH-MUC for a family of 4 and the total taxes/fees/charges came to 274.30

You're charged YQ when you redeem Avios with CX. Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

just booked DXB-DOH for a buddy of mine. 4500 + US$51. not bad, i was afraid taxes and fees were going to be like $100.

IceInTheCider Oct 3, 13 3:52 pm

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

I'm on QR in December from LHR-SIN in restricted business class I bucket for the bargain fare of £2038. Fantastic saving over the BA fares for the same dates, but admittedly longer trips. However the 560 TPs sweeten the deal. I have checked other trips to the east that I will be taking next year and open jaw fares don't beat BA. Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.