Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trip Reports : BA A380 'training' flights between LHR and FRA, inaugural flight 2 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wikipost was created to provide an easy way to find the various trip reports in this thread without having to go through each page looking for them.

It is only meant to be a quick reference tool, you may find useful info or comments / questions mentioned in the rest of the thread.

Please do update this wikipost if you add a TR to this thread so that others can easily find it or check for updates. Thanks. ^

All TR's are listed in alphabetical order of the poster's name!

Video TR's:

continentalclub's Video TR is here

fellfromatree's Video TR is here

NTA's Video TR's are here:

BA A380 World Traveller & World Traveller Plus

BA A380 Brown Club World

BA A380 First

Schwann's Video TR's are here and here (cabin overview video but without First)

Traditional Word/Picture TR's here:

andrewrtw's TR is here

Berbound's comments on the F cabin are here

BotB's TR is here

eejp1007's TR here

flashware's TR is here

LondonAndy's TR starts here

Love Flying's TR is here

manymany's TR is here

marbe166's TR is here

nh1980's TR is here

PaulN's TR is here
Print Wikipost

Trip Reports : BA A380 'training' flights between LHR and FRA, inaugural flight 2 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by flashware
My guess is that they were happy to spend a bit of time with those who made the trip specially on the first day of service, whereas now it's just too time consuming to do after every flight.
Yes, that is likely correct, thanks, I feel better now!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
44 seconds in tutt tutt.
Or are you being rude about my yellow t-shirt?!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by eejp1007
Or are you being rude about my yellow t-shirt?!
Trolleys must never be left unattended in the cabin in case they topple over and hurt someone with any changes in altitude or unexpected turbulence. We have just had a reminder about this within the cabin crew community, so expect this video will be used to give cabin crew a further reminder.

Last edited by Lite; Aug 7, 2013 at 1:45 am Reason: Spelling at this time in the morning.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BotB
Yes, that is likely correct, thanks, I feel better now!
BotB

On the return 911 on the 2nd August, it was a group of German students on their way to Australia, all in matching t-shirts that were the last to leave, not FTers!

The two A380 rotations on the first day were operated by two (amazing!!) CSMs who had been heavily involved with the development of the A380 cabin and service from the start, they knew of FT and were impressed we had made the effort (expense/early starts) to see the product that they had invested so much time and effort in.

From then on, it has been operated by whoever was rostered on to the flight for A380 experience so I think they may not see it as such a big deal as day 1.
Ed
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:15 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lite
Trolleys must never be left unattended in the cabin in case they topple over and hurt someone with any changes in altitude or unexpected turbulence. We have just had a reminder about this within the cabin crew community, so expect this video will be used to give cabin crew a further reminder.
Interesting that you mention that actually, as a trolley fell over in the galley on the 903 coming back from FRA on the 2nd Aug. (just after take off IIRC)

The trolleys do look very skinny and tall so imagine this can happen very quickly if indeed left unattended. @:-)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Is there a club kitchen per deck, or do the upper deck pax have to walk back through Economy?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Each deck.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:35 am

I finally got my laptop to play ball and render the video of my trip on BA910 and BA 903 Monday and Tuesday of this week.
It can be found here.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The fat bird returning from FRA last Wednesday morning, as viewed from T5 GF :

Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: MP Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Plat
Ba 0910 & 0911 11/08/13

IMG_7291 by Love Flying, on Flickr T5 North GC loungue, couple of glasses of Fizz and a large Johnnie and coke to start the day off nicely!

IMG_7304 by Love Flying C56 after a quick trip to Starbucks to spend our 3x £15 pounds, after trying to get 3 packs of coffee beans at £4 a pop I now know the rules! You can only have one item from the little commercial stand (i.e. mugs, cofee beans etc) but as many as you like from the counter (food and drink) bit which you can also combine with your one item. Between the three of us we got a mini Moet for £14.99 a SB's mug (£6) with a few Biscotti, a packet of coffee beans (£4) and 2 small bottles of red wine (£5) don't forget if you are just doing the day trip with hand luggage you cant bring back the bottles of booze as you have to go back through security at FRA (although we managed to find a way I wont go into on here!)

IMG_7308 by Love Flying, on Flickr A380 which was delayed slightly as they couldn't get the upper deck sky-bridge away from the aircraft

IMG_7313 by Love Flying, on Flickr Lovely welcome on-board, there were 23 crew in all!!

IMG_7318 by Love Flying, on Flickr Getting comfy in Club

IMG_7321 by Love Flying, on Flickr

IMG_7324 by Love Flying, on Flickr

IMG_7328 by Love Flying, on Flickr Pretty disappointing lunch!

IMG_7336 by Love Flying, on Flickr Trying to resolve the cream or Jam first debate (still no clearer...)

IMG_7337 by Love Flying, on Flickr Johnnie Black!

IMG_7340 by Love Flying, on Flickr Rear stairs

IMG_7343 by Love Flying, on Flickr Huge wing which massively obstructs the view of the ground in all but the first couple of rows of the lower deck club

IMG_7347 by Love Flying, on Flickr Quick Johnnie in the JAL lounge at FRA

IMG_7352 by Love Flying, on Flickr Return offering also pretty disappointing...

IMG_7364 by Love Flying, on Flickr View from upper deck Club

IMG_7366 by Love Flying, on Flickr Front stairs

IMG_7370 by Love Flying, on Flickr 1A!!

IMG_7374 by Love Flying, on Flickr First Cabin

All in all a great day out, now for the 787...

Last edited by Love Flying; Aug 13, 2013 at 10:18 am
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:33 pm

Ok I have no idea how to update a wiki post!!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:00 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Love Flying
Ok I have no idea how to update a wiki post!!
done ^

Great TR, I felt that the sense of excitement came across both in the text and pictures. ^ Looks like you had a fantastic time.

Thanks for posting the review and pics, hope others do as well, it really helps to get a feel for the aircraft and cabins IMO. :-:

(and I have to ask myself, why aren't two lovely lasses like yourselves sitting next to me when I fly Club? )
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:33 am

BA911 landing on 27L at 7:29pm last night (Friday):

Birds In Flight
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by IanWylie
BA911 landing on 27L at 7:29pm last night (Friday):

Birds In Flight
Cracking photo!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by BotB
done ^

Great TR, I felt that the sense of excitement came across both in the text and pictures. ^ Looks like you had a fantastic time.

Thanks for posting the review and pics, hope others do as well, it really helps to get a feel for the aircraft and cabins IMO. :-:

(and I have to ask myself, why aren't two lovely lasses like yourselves sitting next to me when I fly Club? )
lol sorry to report i'm a bloke not a lovely lass! That's my OH and our friend in the piccys, yeah they are great to travel with on flights (especially for a slightly nervous flyer like me) because between them there is not much they don't know about what is going on during the flight (one is an Airbus pilot the other is a crew base manager)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.