Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 388

Upper deck

Main deck

Summarizing based on comments thus far:

First

This post shows the seat map and individual seat ratings for First:

First Cabin A380 Seat Ratings
In order of rating:
  1. 2 A/K
  2. 1 A/K
  3. 3 A/K
  4. 2 E/F
  5. 3 E/F
  6. 4 E/F
  7. 4 A/K

Club World Upper deck
  • 50AB and 50JK: the B and J seats don’t have anyone climbing over them. There’s nothing else ahead of these seats, so this area should be fairly quiet. However, the A and K seats ... would have to lean forward a long way to look out of the single window serving this row. Good if you like having a very private space and don’t mind stepping over someone to get out. Bad if you like looking out of the window.
  • 50J for longest bed is the best. However, you only have a curtain between you and the stairs and right hand side forward loo. Should be okay but might be noisy. Partial barrier around feet.
  • 51D and 51F: no half barrier either so very good for tall people and first row of CW cabin so good for food and ease of access to loo without any galley.
  • 53AB and 53JK: the window seats have direct aisle access, so in theory these would be a lot like 64A and 64K on the 744. Unfortunately, potentially noisy.
  • 56B has a bit of extra length but also a partial barrier.
  • 59AB and 59JK: the window seats here also have direct aisle access. However, as others have mentioned, because the CW and WT+ cabins partly overlap at this point, these seats (and particularly the heads of the 59B and 59J passengers) are directly in line with the WT+ centre bulkhead bassinets, so possible noise concerns if baby behind. You can see the close proximity in the photo above for 60 DEF
  • Middle seats: since there's only a single middle seat, it's rather nice and isolated and private, at least while the dividers are up. When dividers go down it's face to face with your seatmates to the left and right. Couples who are using a middle seat will probably be better off choosing EF rather than DE, because the extra space to the right hand side of the E seat means the E and F seats are closer together.

Club World Main Deck
  • 10J definitely winner for the most length but partial barrier around feet and galley noise may be an issue. However, also first to get food!
  • 10A and 10K for window seats only. The rest have absolutely NO view as the wing is massive and all you see is reflecting Silver and a lot of flex!
  • There is a reported experience from 13AB of in-flight vibration and resonances which were enough to disturb sleep.
  • Avoid 15AB and 15JK due to proximity to the two loos that are right beside and behind this seat. (CW loo behind 15B and 15J, WT loo beside these seats although behind a curtain, near continuous use!)
  • General note: due to the curvature of the fuselage, the window seats on the main deck have a greater gap between the seat and cabin wall than the equivalent upper deck seats, thus providing more wiggle room for your legs and toes.

World Traveller Plus Upper Deck
Photos: courtesy of PETER01
  • Bulkhead seats: The legroom in the bulkhead rows of 60DEF, 61AB and 61JK is fairly good, but I’m not sure that I would take these for a night flight as you can still get closer to horizontal in the rows behind. If that’s your favoured sleeping position, the absence of leg-rests in those rows won’t matter too much.
  • Row 67: The quietness of the aircraft will mean that the toilets at the aft of the WT+ cabin are much more likely to be disturbing in this area (particularly to 67AB, 67DEF, 67JK and 68DEF) than, say, to 15AB on a mid-J 744.

World Traveller Upper Deck
  • Centre block bulkheads 70DEFG and 80DEFG have tables in fixed armrests, as one would expect. This noticeably constricts the width of the seat. The armrest between D and E is a conventional lift-up armrest – so if choosing these rows, D and E are better than F and G. Another thing about these bulkhead rows, which are in line with the exits, and the adjacent exit rows (70AB, 70JK, 80AB and 80JK), is that there is a noticeable hissing noise from the slipstream.
  • 80D and 80E are the same and could be great for space or for couples that want to lift the armrest during the flight to get closer or sleep.
  • Rear cabin: any WT seat in rows 80 to 83 would be very nice indeed as long as: there is not a stag group pissing it up here when you want to sleep! Apparently, they may offer this cabin to groups so need to be a bit careful in selecting this exclusive cabin. Also, there is noticeable galley noise in this rear cabin, and it gets worse the further aft you get.

World Traveller Main Deck
  • 25D is the throne seat on the Main Deck in WT. (no seat in front of them).
Print Wikipost

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, that is correct. In all my flights that I have taken in BA Club World, orders were started to be taken from the front to back so they might run out of several options until it's your turn.
I’ve just checked and I could swap to 56a or 56k but would have to climb over legs but get earlier food options ?!?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:33 am

Move from 59a to 51a

So I’ve just checked and 51a is now available, it will mean climbing over legs but I’m wondering if I should swap from 59a so that I I’m not last to be served food and drink? What would people suggest?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:46 am

Hello

Could you please help me and tell me, if it is possible to lean on the window wall while at A/K seats or is it too far?
While looking at the photos, it seems that upstairs is too far away bur not so sure for downstairs.
I would appreciate for your help.
Economy seats :-)

Thank you
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Due to the latest complains of multiple inoperative/malfunctioning seats on various A380s, can this thread be used also to find which are the seats with the higher chance to work?
I have a flight booked on an A380 next February, MIA-LHR, and since my favorite upper deck seats in row 53 were taken, I've selected 50K/J and I hope to not get surprises.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Bluesky30
So I’ve just checked and 51a is now available, it will mean climbing over legs but I’m wondering if I should swap from 59a so that I I’m not last to be served food and drink? What would people suggest?
Personally I find it quite easy to step over someone but I appreciate others prefer 53A/K or 59 A/K for the ease of not stepping over anyone.

As for food I'm sure both cabins are served front to back, happy to be corrected but that's what I remember, so if choices mean something to you then 51A should hopefully have more choice in theory. Bear in mind though that if too many order the same thing and it's 'over subscribed' then the crew should prioritise it in the galley according to status. Even when I was a Bronze then Silver before becoming Gold I can't remember being refused my first choice.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Due to the latest complains of multiple inoperative/malfunctioning seats on various A380s, can this thread be used also to find which are the seats with the higher chance to work?
I have a flight booked on an A380 next February, MIA-LHR, and since my favorite upper deck seats in row 53 were taken, I've selected 50K/J and I hope to not get surprises.
Bear in mind 50K has no window at all unless that doesnt' bother you given it's an overnighter. Personally I avoid this row as 50J is right next to the toilet door as well and the curtain is right next to that seat as well.

[IMG]
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Nov 3, 2022 at 9:41 am
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by cupska
Hello

Could you please help me and tell me, if it is possible to lean on the window wall while at A/K seats or is it too far?
While looking at the photos, it seems that upstairs is too far away bur not so sure for downstairs.
I would appreciate for your help.
Economy seats :-)

Thank you
Upstairs it's too far away to lean into the fuselage due to the bins there. Downstairs yes it is possible to lean onto the window area, with a pillow of course, as there are no side bins.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by PETER01
Bear in mind 50K has no window at all unless that doesnt' bother you given it's an overnighter. Personally I avoid this row as 50J is right next to the toilet door as well and the curtain is right next to that seat as well.
Thank you. If I was travelling alone I would not care for the missing window, curtain or toilet. But since my "fussy" husband is flying as well (he heartily dislikes CW) maybe I'll think about it a bit more.
Remember me how's the meal service done, please? Front to back starting from row 50 up to 59, or row 56 is served before row 53?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:11 am

Thank you. If I was travelling alone I would not care for the missing window, curtain or toilet. But since my "fussy" husband is flying as well (he heartily dislikes CW) maybe I'll think about it a bit more.
Remember me how's the meal service done, please? Front to back starting from row 50 up to 59, or row 56 is served before row 53?
I'm sure it's done both cabins at the same time, front to back.
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Nov 3, 2022 at 11:29 am
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:27 am

It's a 4 corner service apparently but it can possibly change on the day, depending on the loads.
Lefly likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
Upstairs it's too far away to lean into the fuselage due to the bins there. Downstairs yes it is possible to lean onto the window area, with a pillow of course, as there are no side bins.
Thank you
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:25 pm

One more question.
We have 2 different reservations as the return dates are not the same.
When going to my booking and trying to decide which seats to choose, the computer shows 2 completely different seat available maps with different PNRs.

On PNR where there is 1 person, most of the seats are grey and unable to choose, on other PNR where there are 4 people and it shows many available seats to choose from.
Same flight.
Do you have any idea why is that?
What is the actual situation?

Thank you
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BA executive club
Question BA 57 LHR TO JNB seat 25D vs 80A/B (388)

Hi, Reading these discussions has left me torn between two seats which are open on my long haul 11hr flight from LHR to JNB, 25D or 80A (or B) - I normally try to upgrade to Club or Premium but this companion voucher was restricted in this case so trying to make my Economy experience as comfortable as possible, so not sure which seats are best for the Airbus 388

So I initially selected 25D, based on the extra leg room, but now reading this main story and comments, I see it’s a mixed experience, like people encroaching in your space from 25E but also the fact your in a much busier cabin and people knocking you to and that the upper deck is quieter and everyone vouching for 70AB OR 70JK - however in my flight they’re already booked/ blocked out BUT 80AB are available- and have extra legroom like 25D but perhaps a quieter cabin? I retract my sleeting. To legroom in economy i can stretch out my long legs to sleep haha

faced with a hard choice tween these two 25D and 80AB - which’s would you rather take?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
80A for me
Mekko and jonr405 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
This may have been covered in the thread outside the wiki, but I would add that in addition to the toilets aft of row 67 / adjacent to row 68 being disturbing (mostly on noise grounds), the light pollution is particularly bad on night flights for customers in 70D/G given the orientation of the bifold toilet doors and toilet mirrors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.