Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Happy Friday all

Had a dream nightmare about FT/BA last night. Missed my return flight with BA, had to take Ryanair.
Fixed that for you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Fixed that for you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Happy Friday!

Mr Flyingbee has been away on a trip all week leaving me with Master Flyingbee and Baby Flyingbee on my own. I'm exhausted so I will be very happy when he gets home this evening. The good news is that this trip has secured his Silver card for another year.

I'm wondering if he will have jetlag and be wide awake to deal with the kids' middle of the night wakings so I can sleep...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:56 am

Happy Friday everyone. Though we had some flurries last weekend, this weekend looks like the first snowfall for this season. Otherwise it's a quiet weekend for me. Hope everyone enjoys theirs!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Sunny in Perth today. Hopefully a spot of golf at some point. And the autumn rugby internationals kick off tomorrow. All good.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Sunny in Perth today. Hopefully a spot of golf at some point. And the autumn rugby internationals kick off tomorrow. All good.
It's been lovely and sunny down here in Glasgow as well today...although that definitely won't last long (not that I mind as I actually find the grey and rainy weather to be exotic and one of the best bits of Scotland!)
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
I'm doing CE to TFS from LGW in 10 days, hope the weather is good, colleague was there recently and they had storms and rain for 3 days.

The article you link to says that Putin is rebuilding the Russian armed forces, and we have all scaled down our military over the last 25 years.....

The weather over the last 2 days has been pants, still 25 degrees but cloudy and no sun.

I wouldn't so much say he's rebuilding the armed forces as much as modernising them as they have some real relics! The bears we scrambled to intercept are over 50 year old I think.

Oh and the Dorada is between €0.95 and €1.50 in most pubs
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I went for a 10K run today, searching for a new route. I got lost and ended up doing 10 miles. I've not ran that far since I did a half-marathon at the sprightly age of 21.

Thank goodness its Friday, as I'm going to sleep well tonight.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by perthflyer
(not that I mind as I actually find the grey and rainy weather to be exotic and one of the best bits of Scotland!)
I take it you haven't lived there very long?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jamier45
The weather over the last 2 days has been pants, still 25 degrees but cloudy and no sun.

I wouldn't so much say he's rebuilding the armed forces as much as modernising them as they have some real relics! The bears we scrambled to intercept are over 50 year old I think.

Oh and the Dorada is between €0.95 and €1.50 in most pubs
Oh dear, long range forecast is for first two days to be cloudy and warm. Never mind, it's away from work.

Mmmmm, Dorada! It's only €0.60 a can in the supermarkets.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:43 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Happy Friday,

Arrived Tokyo yesterday, settled in friends house, went for dinner (great food & cheap) and having some beers.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Having to leave sunny Honolulu and return to the UK

At least I'll have enough TPs to requalify for gold part way back.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Good old Oahu, the land of dole pineapples, sun, sea, surf and luau's. Good stuff on the requal. Sunny here but the polar vortex is on its way - here we go again. Please do not be a repeat of last year, brrrr....
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I take it you haven't lived there very long?
I've been here since June and have absolutely loved it! Moving to Scotland was my 21st birthday present to myself this year so I could embrace and experience my heritage (I'm half Scottish). Glasgow has by far exceeded the expectations I had before I moved here (the aforementioned weather has helped that )
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm a day late (and a dollar short) but I did have a nice Friday. Went out for a tasty lunch of steak frites and beers and then came home and had a nap:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.