Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy Friday. I'm heading to Upstate New York this weekend to the Baseball Hall of Fame along with two of my brothers and my father. We used to go yearly when we lived in New York but the tradition stopped when we moved. This will be our first visit since 2005. We're all very excited
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When the missus asked me if I'd take the MIL's garden rubbish out to the street for collection this afternoon I of course said I would...three flippin' hours it took me. I'm knackered so now enjoying a beer or two.
SKT-DK, rapidex and TTmex like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
This weekend celebrating reaching the forth floor. Ordered 6kg of ribs and it arrived to door and was one 6kg rib. Has been fully rubbed and now in fridge before a low and slow cook tomorrow on the Weber kettle. Also got 2kg of Andouille Cajun and Texan Hotlinks sausages. Will be some nice red wines and craft beers to accompany.

Happy Friday
SKT-DK and HIDDY like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Happy Friday. I'm heading to Upstate New York this weekend to the Baseball Hall of Fame along with two of my brothers and my father. We used to go yearly when we lived in New York but the tradition stopped when we moved. This will be our first visit since 2005. We're all very excited
The one US sport I still haven't seen live. Any recommendations? Would love to go one day
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
This weekend celebrating reaching the forth floor. Ordered 6kg of ribs and it arrived to door and was one 6kg rib. Has been fully rubbed and now in fridge before a low and slow cook tomorrow on the Weber kettle. Also got 2kg of Andouille Cajun and Texan Hotlinks sausages. Will be some nice red wines and craft beers to accompany.

Happy Friday
Despite the cold here as it's sunny I suggested to the missus we have an asado this weekend. and she agreed. Might be a whole side of pork rib or a slab of beef.

TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Nice quiet evening... (although with heavy cold that I caught from last weekends flights - not covid...)
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTmex
The one US sport I still haven't seen live. Any recommendations? Would love to go one day
Luckily almost every baseball stadium is new and will provide a great experience. I would suggest you either see a game at Chicago's Wrigley Field or Boston's Fenway Park for a traditional early baseball stadium or you visit a modern park which incorporates the city and provides a modern atmosphere with all the comforts like San Diego, San Francisco or Pittsburgh.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Happy Friday everyone, enjoying a cold beverage in Santorini on a BA Holiday trip getting us both 320tps closer to GGL...

Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
TGIF here ... at home! The Builders next door, and on the outside our house, and in the lane will be allowing us 2 days of peace before they all start again on Monday. It was chaos all week, with at one point a total of 14 vehicles stacked up for about 50 m along the lane, augmented by other drivers ignoring the "Road Closed" signs!.

HIDDY and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:38 am

Yet another holiday here and Monday as well....nae wonder the economy's such a disaster.

So with time on my hands I've got some vacio and bife Americano out the fridge to put on the parrilla. It's a cool sunny day but it's blowing a flippin' gale.

T8191, TedToToe and TTmex like this.

Last edited by HIDDY; Jun 17, 2022 at 9:48 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:55 am

That beef looks mouthwatering before it's even cooked.

Got family arriving back from a holiday in Peru and they're craving some proper Mexican food, so tonight we'll be on tacos al pastor

HIDDY, T8191, TedToToe and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:12 am

Chilling this weekend as I'm off to Thailand next week to see Mrs rapidex
HIDDY, PETER01, MM00LL2 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Happy Friday ! Due to family things it's a coach to Stanstead and a brief kip before an early morning rush to southern France , dashing back Sunday evening. Would have been BA if they had been anywhere remotely sane with pricing
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Happy Friday All!

Nothing exotic for me today.

32c at Waterloo, the big M&S is closed until 2023 for refurb (2023!!!!!) and the station full of the rail equivalent of the bucket and spade brigade.

On the plus side, the small M&S opposite platform 18 was well stocked with G&Ts and the a/c is working v well on the train.

Cheers 🍸🍸🍸
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by krispy84

32c at Waterloo,
Nice. Only 11c with a real feel of 6c here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.