Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Agent69
One of the big drawbacks of retirement is that you no longer look forward to weekends.

Currently my arm feels like a pin cushion, having recently had my covid booster, flu jab and typhoid jabs. Counting down the days to my BA flight to MXP and onward QR connection to SE Asia. Hopefully warmer and dryer than Devon is today.
Ah, weekends ... the things you folk at work look forward to! My life is one lonngggg weekend, having stopped real work in 1993!

Anyway ... Happy Friday to you all. My next C-19 Booster tomorrow, £1,048 EU267 compo in the Bank, and just 2 weeks to go before our first Holiday in Crete.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Happy Friday all.

Another Wizzair flight back from Cluj to Luton today. Can’t really fault Wizzair in that you get what it says on the tin and a fiver for an exit row is a steal. Shame Luton doesn’t really know how to do passports, but their car parking is better and cheaper than LHR.

Even as a BA stalwart, Tarom to OTP and then BA to LHR isn’t worth the Avios earning potential.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:43 am

Had my number 4 jab last week along with my flu jab. Getting ready to return to Thailand
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
The weather is foul in town, but I’m heading home and have decided I’m fed up with M&S G&Ts. These are far better.

Some of us haven’t retired yet 😁
SKT-DK, T8191, rapidex and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My ''chirpy'' mood didn't last long. Not only did the bank refuse to hand over my wad of US Dollars without jumping umpteen hurdles we had a crash with a motor bike which made the local newspaper!! Two police cars,two police motor bike riders as well as an ambulance showed up!! Cristina who was driving got a hell of a fight but I'm glad to say the girl riding the motor bike was released from hospital with just a sore leg. 👍
Must admit the blonde police girl who stayed beside us for over an hour did have a lovely figure which made the wait enjoyable for me.

allturnleft and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My ''chirpy'' mood didn't last long. Not only did the bank refuse to hand over my wad of US Dollars without jumping umpteen hurdles we had a crash with a motor bike which made the local newspaper!! Two police cars,two police motor bike riders as well as an ambulance showed up!! Cristina who was driving got a hell of a fight but I'm glad to say the girl riding the motor bike was released from hospital with just a sore leg. 👍
Must admit the blonde police girl who stayed beside us for over an hour did have a lovely figure which made the wait enjoyable for me.
That does sound like your day took a turn for the worse Glad to hear everybody is okay

I do not know how they behave in your corner of the world, but given the way those damn motorbike riders are driving out here, they are pretty much asking to be knocked down..
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:47 am

You're getting a bit long in the tooth to be perving at young blonds, police officers or not. Wait until Uncle T hears about this
Glad to hear nobody was hurt
HIDDY and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rapidex
You're getting a bit long in the tooth to be perving at young blonds, police officers or not. Wait until Uncle T hears about this
Glad to hear nobody was hurt
I have been known to look admiringly at young ladies. It proves I'm still alive.

Regards to Mr & Mrs HIDDY.
HIDDY, rapidex and Nimrod1965 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
I have been known to look admiringly at young ladies. It proves I'm still alive.

Regards to Mr & Mrs HIDDY.
Good for you. 👍

Hardly my fault she wanted my personal details anyway!!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:01 am

Good for you. 👍

Hardly my fault she wanted my personal details anyway!!
You want locking up. Sounds like you might have come close
Now all we need is some piccis of Pucci in her little tartan skirt.
HIDDY and dpherraghty like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Enjoying a pint at the T4 Premier Inn ahead of our first flight on Finnair in the morning.
TTmex likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Nice. Enjoying a curry in Riyadh. Has been a fantastic trip so far and have enjoyed being invited by clients and new friends to sit and eat slow cooked lamb and rice with my hands while sitting on the floor. On Tuesday night I head to London via Doha and looking forward to some bubbles in the AM lounge in Doha and trying the A380 for the first time. Also get my first a350 trip on the 1 hour hop to Doha. Poland on Thursday to catch up with more clients and some friends I haven't seen since before the pandemic. Also booked my flights for business trip to Asia in Nov. Got to settle for PE as J fares outrageous. But sure JAL PE along with Qantas Lounge at LAX and JAL First Lounge will make it a little more bearable

A very good Friday to y'all
SKT-DK and TedToToe like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:03 am

Happy Friday one and all. Writing this from Krakow where I arrived yesterday after a night in London on the way back from Riyadh. Had a wonderful stay in Saudi and made some great new friends.

A380 trip was very enjoyable, but going to throw it out there and say that Qatar Airways isn't all that. The Qsuite (777 outbound) is certainly a winner on many fronts, but I found the lie flat quite uncomfortable (perhaps a dodgy seat). My door kept sliding open during the night as well. A380 on the way back, while less private, was a comfier seat. Food on way out pretty meh, but food on way back better. But here's a couple of opinions that people may or may not agree with and I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this fine Friday.

- Al Mourjan lounge: looks beautiful but really not got much substance or soul. The food looks and sounds fancy but is generally poor quality - tried both sit-down dining and the deli. Who puts cucumber and cream cheese in a hot lamb sandwich? The eggs benedict for breakfast on way to RUH was dry and tasteless with merely a drizzle of hollandaise. This means CX lounge in HKG still my favourite lounge by far. Also, while sat at bar, a lounge dragon comes up and startles me at 3am "Sir, are you travelling to London?". My response, "yes, but boarding is at 7am". He responds "are you sure, sir? Could I just check your boarding pass as I'm sure London is leaving shortly". I show him pass and he waltzes off. I checked departures and previous London flight has gone and hour before and mine was the next. Seems I must have looked out of place?

- QR service is at times so mechanical it's sterile: I watched the guy looking after my part of the cabin walk down the isle and repeat the same "Good morning Sir, welcome aboard, today's flight 6 hours 45 minutes to London, can I get you something to drink". Perfectly pleasant chap but like dealing with an AI chatbot. I heard the lady serving the seats behind me being a bit more personalised, which was better but still a little forced. It made me appreciate the BA crew who are generally up for a bit of banter and a chat in the galley.

Many aspects of QR were excellent from checkin, the lounge at LHR (food was excellent and service nicely done by the young chap who mixes the cocktails - he delivered a perfectly tailored virgin mary (extra spice) and his interpretation of a virgin margarita he'd just learned - it was very crisp and refreshing) and the easy transfer at DOH. But, it just seemed to miss the type of service I like, i.e. personalised, not textbook.

Any how, this is probably not the thread for it, so I will shift to my plans for this fine Friday which is working on my doctoral paper for a few hours then heading out with my Canon later for some evening photographs of Krakow in the cold.

Happy Friday y'all
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTmex
I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this fine Friday.

Happy Friday y'all
Happy Friday, indeed! I think I just realised for the second time today that it is Friday! - Another crazy work-week gone.

Luckily this is a long weekend here as Monday is a public holiday (for most of us anyway, as some companies can choose to shuffle around). Next week will be a short one as we are off on our re-routed BKK-LHR-Europe trip on a very convoluted itinerary, which may well result in me not surviving my other half's wrath when she realises how long it actually will be Wish me luck !

As to your points on QR, their staff, catering etc - I completely agree for most of it, and while I have not been in Al Mourjan for some years now (most recent trips have allowed Al Safwa access), that is my impression too. Same onboard, very generic.
HIDDY and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Happy Friday, indeed! I think I just realised for the second time today that it is Friday! - Another crazy work-week gone.

Luckily this is a long weekend here as Monday is a public holiday (for most of us anyway, as some companies can choose to shuffle around). Next week will be a short one as we are off on our re-routed BKK-LHR-Europe trip on a very convoluted itinerary, which may well result in me not surviving my other half's wrath when she realises how long it actually will be Wish me luck !

As to your points on QR, their staff, catering etc - I completely agree for most of it, and while I have not been in Al Mourjan for some years now (most recent trips have allowed Al Safwa access), that is my impression too. Same onboard, very generic.
Be sure to remind her of the Tier Points. I just told my wife she'll be at close to a 1000 by March time, leaving her until Aug 8th get the other 500 or so. She seemed genuinely motivated by a shot at gold
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.