Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
The key is to ensure all your flights are on BA Metal to get both the discounts stacked
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: Independent
On a lark I tried the code with my Amex Platinum and it worked... has anyone else experienced this? I don't even currently have the BA credit card (I do have a Reserve in my saved cards), though now I feel bad and will be getting one since it was a substantial amount saved on two Club World tickets.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hkcj
On a lark I tried the code with my Amex Platinum and it worked... has anyone else experienced this?
Yes. I used my Amex Gold card by accident. Initially I tried to pay with the Chase BA card, and it was rejected. Called Chase, their computers were acting up so the agent could not look at my account to see what the matter was. I did not want my pending reservation to disappear, so I used another card. I totally forgot that one of the discount codes I was using was tied to the Chase BA card. But the Amex card worked, and our reservations are now ticketed. (Not only do I feel a little guilty about getting the discount without using the Chase BA card, I also would have preferred 5x Avios to 3x Amex MR points.)
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Yes. I used my Amex Gold card by accident. Initially I tried to pay with the Chase BA card, and it was rejected. Called Chase, their computers were acting up so the agent could not look at my account to see what the matter was. I did not want my pending reservation to disappear, so I used another card. I totally forgot that one of the discount codes I was using was tied to the Chase BA card. But the Amex card worked, and our reservations are now ticketed. (Not only do I feel a little guilty about getting the discount without using the Chase BA card, I also would have preferred 5x Avios to 3x Amex MR points.)
I'm shocked they don't have more accurate account coding like United does for the baggage. (Have and purchase with the card to get the free bags.) I didn't notice/realize that the BA card is 5x, that's a great deal with this discount. I ended up cancelling and using some other miles I was trying to get rid of for an alternative flight, but will definitely consider getting the card next time.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is it still possible to pay for BA flights using the Chase discount and paying with a non Chase Visa card?

Last edited by navatwal; Jun 2, 2021 at 6:52 am
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Can we use the 10% BA discount code and a residual e-voucher from a previous cancelled flight due to COVID?

because i called and agent said i can only use one or the other

thanks
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by wesport
Got it. Not working for anyone.
It seems to be working for me, at least with dummy bookings. I haven't taken it through to actually buying a ticket yet though.

To use this discount, the entire itinerary needs to be on BA metal, no codeshares. So no legs on AA, IB, etc.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to book a flight with both the AARP Portal and the CHASEBA10 code; I don't see a place to put an evoucher code anywhere in dialogs. Has it been removed? Has anyone else tried this lately and can confirm they see it?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Trying to book a flight with both the AARP Portal and the CHASEBA10 code; I don't see a place to put an evoucher code anywhere in dialogs. Has it been removed? Has anyone else tried this lately and can confirm they see it?
Are you logged in to ba.com? If memory serves me correctly, you need to be ...
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by morphogencc
You raise a good point. I just had a quick go with a dummy booking and I can't see a place on the current web site to add a promotional code either. Initially I tried with the AARP options and couldn't see it so I thought perhaps it was to restrict stacking of AARP and Chase10 but then I tried again without AARP and I can't see the promotional code entry point for a normal booking. I don't have time to investigate further at the moment but I see what you're saying.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Leon1980
Can we use the 10% BA discount code and a residual e-voucher from a previous cancelled flight due to COVID?

because i called and agent said i can only use one or the other

thanks
I’ve been toying with getting the Chase card and as I thought about it, I came up with the exact same question. If I cancel a trip under BWC and my ticket was $2500 before the Chase discount and was $2250 after discount, my E-voucher would also be for $2250. If I rebooked for a later date and the fare was still $2500 before discount and I applied the E-voucher, I will still owe $250, thus negating any discount. Would be nice to know that there is a way to retain the discount.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I’ve been toying with getting the Chase card and as I thought about it, I came up with the exact same question. If I cancel a trip under BWC and my ticket was $2500 before the Chase discount and was $2250 after discount, my E-voucher would also be for $2250. If I rebooked for a later date and the fare was still $2500 before discount and I applied the E-voucher, I will still owe $250, thus negating any discount. Would be nice to know that there is a way to retain the discount.
Perhaps I'm being thick here but why can't you use the promotional code on the new booking?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
Perhaps I'm being thick here but why can't you use the promotional code on the new booking?
according to the post that I had quoted, there was only the option to use the E-voucher code OR the promo code, but not both. Using both codes would be the simple option if it were possible. Fingers crossed someone has experience of the process.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
according to the post that I had quoted, there was only the option to use the E-voucher code OR the promo code, but not both. Using both codes would be the simple option if it were possible. Fingers crossed someone has experience of the process.
Somewhere in the depths of FlyerTalk there's confirmation that agents are able to apply the Chase 10% code so I don't see any reason why this can't be done but you may have to call.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
You raise a good point. I just had a quick go with a dummy booking and I can't see a place on the current web site to add a promotional code either. Initially I tried with the AARP options and couldn't see it so I thought perhaps it was to restrict stacking of AARP and Chase10 but then I tried again without AARP and I can't see the promotional code entry point for a normal booking. I don't have time to investigate further at the moment but I see what you're saying.
The option to enter the promo code is still there under “Apply an evoucher”. You do need to be logged in to ba.com.

(I don’t know if it matters, but I started with the AARP link, selected my flights, then logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.