FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:47 pm
hkcj

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Yes. I used my Amex Gold card by accident. Initially I tried to pay with the Chase BA card, and it was rejected. Called Chase, their computers were acting up so the agent could not look at my account to see what the matter was. I did not want my pending reservation to disappear, so I used another card. I totally forgot that one of the discount codes I was using was tied to the Chase BA card. But the Amex card worked, and our reservations are now ticketed. (Not only do I feel a little guilty about getting the discount without using the Chase BA card, I also would have preferred 5x Avios to 3x Amex MR points.)
I'm shocked they don't have more accurate account coding like United does for the baggage. (Have and purchase with the card to get the free bags.) I didn't notice/realize that the BA card is 5x, that's a great deal with this discount. I ended up cancelling and using some other miles I was trying to get rid of for an alternative flight, but will definitely consider getting the card next time.