Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 2:37 pm

chase 10% still not working.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by wesport
chase 10% still not working.
That's annoying. Has anyone reported this yet?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EP
Reported it to Res. Also worked with Twitter team and after 2 days of them asking questions and ensuring I am doing it correctly, they said they would “report it”

Originally Posted by golfmad
That's annoying. Has anyone reported this yet?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
It's also important to report this to Chase. I am currently traveling, but will try to call when I can.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by planes&trains
The code may not stack with AARP is one call. Or, will it?
This "IT glitch" is still happening as of Sunday 13-Dec.2020.

(sigh)
Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:33 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

The header says US to Lindon, whereas it does not imply that restriction elsewhere. So, it is possible the system is not allowing any other flights. But then again, I tried BOS-LHR and received the same error.

Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by planes&trains
The header says US to Lindon, whereas it does not imply that restriction elsewhere. So, it is possible the system is not allowing any other flights.
It's a glitch, nothing more. The full terms state "for travel on flights operated by British Airways from the US to London and beyond."
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seems to be working again.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by sometalkofme
Seems to be working again.
Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.
Blumie and sometalkofme like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Yes, this shows IT miracles can happen!

and the AARP $200 discount can be combined with the 10% Chase code (again).
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Yes, this shows IT miracles can happen!

and the AARP $200 discount can be combined with the 10% Chase code (again).
Sorry to be doofus but can someone help me with the proper way to do this. Is it book via aarp, put reservation on hold for $10, phone BA call center and ask them to ticket using CHASEBA10?

I ask because when I try booking online I don't ever see the option to enter the Chase code. Again sorry if this has been covered but I searched the thread and didn't see it.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by sbedelman
...when I try booking online I don't ever see the option to enter the Chase code. Again sorry if this has been covered but I searched the thread and didn't see it.
Going through the booking process online there should be a section to "Apply an eVoucher - Use a promotional code or eVoucher" - for me it appears on the Flight Summary page, after selecting flights. I was able to type in CHASEBA10 under promotional code.
Steve in Olympia and golfmad like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:29 pm

JAXBA Thanks so much. I must not have seen it before but seeing it now.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
AARP and Chase discounts combinable on open-jaw trip

Originally Posted by Blumie
Any updates on this? Has anyone recently been able to layer AARP and the Chase discount on the same booking?
Last night I had the pleasant surprise of being able to stack the AARP and Chase discounts on a multi-city booking (IAD-LHR-VCE, return FCO-LHR-IAD) in Business for my wife and myself. The fare was $19xx per ticket to start with, which is quite good compared to other trans-Atlantic premium fares these days, so I probably would have booked it even if I could not have gotten either discount. But I started at the AARP page and got a price of $3537 for the two tickets, which was about $400 less than I was getting when I started at BA.com or on Amex IAP. When I got to "Promotional Code" I put in CHASEBA10 and the total cost went down to $3183, which is 90% of the AARP discount fare. I tried to reduce the total price by another $ 200 by applying 20K Avios, but that got me a message saying Avios are not combinable with promotional codes. But I'm thrilled to get these tickets for under $1600 apiece, which is just a little more than we typically pay for Premium Economy fares to Europe.

I did not think I was going to be able to get the AARP discount, which says it applies only to trans-Atlantic round-trip fares. But maybe the system treats an open-jaw reservation using two cities that are in the same country and only 256 miles away from each other as an honorary round trip?
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I was able to stack AARP and Chase on a DFW-LHR-DXB booking this week. Got a fare of $2,348 when all was said and done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.