Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puzzled by 1A and 1K Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
GGL can if you ask them nicely sort out a companion with row 1 who is not a Gold. This is the only big seating difference for GGLs in F.
Thank you vey much for the information, good to know. Is this more on a "goodwill basis" or are all agents aware of this... just asking...
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Unless you are Gold or OWE, I don't think they are available for selection until OLCI.
I am Gold. The point is during purchase it offers to make a seat reservation but 1A/1K are blocked. Can I expect them to be unblocked in MMB after booking?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by hugolover
I am Gold. The point is during purchase it offers to make a seat reservation but 1A/1K are blocked. Can I expect them to be unblocked in MMB after booking?
Sorry, I misunderstood your question!

Unless they are taken, you should be able to book them in MMB. I've never had any issues booking 1A/1K although I can't remember trying to do it during purchase process, so I can't comment on the difference between availability during purchase and in MMB. You could call the Gold line to verify if they are indeed taken or available if you are keen on those seats.

Saying that, if you are on a 777, unless you are rather keen on having your handbag (or man bag or whatever) in the locker, I don't recommend 1A/1K as you get the full blast of galley noise and light- and 777-200 also has the loo noise on top of that (300 has the loos at the back of F cabin).

I highly recommend 2K on 777-200. It's the best seat as you have no-one behind you. (This does not apply to 777-300.)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Thank you vey much for the information, good to know. Is this more on a "goodwill basis" or are all agents aware of this... just asking...
I think it depends on the agent and the loads etc. It isn't a formal thing I don't think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.