Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puzzled by 1A and 1K Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They are also available when flying with an infant requiring a bassinet.

H
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hoch

H
The bassinet has moved hasn't it in NF?

1A and 1K can be selected in MMB but the selection typically fails when you go to confirm. Even Golds dropping to Silver typically get ejected from 1A and 1K once the drop has happened.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

1A and 1K can be selected in MMB but the selection typically fails when you go to confirm. Even Golds dropping to Silver typically get ejected from 1A and 1K once the drop has happened.
Thanks for the reply: you're absolutely right - have just tried moving seats and an error message comes up when I try to complete the action. Never seen anything other than greyed out seats at this stage before, hence my confusion.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
can anyone tell me if Golds can actually displace non-golds when selecting seats? we're booked in F this summer and currently have 2AK reserved but i can see on expert flyer that 1AK are not assigned yet. If 1AK open up to me before OLCI and i choose them, can a late-comer gold push us out in which case we might be relegated to row 4 or 5?
No, despite what some Golds may believe they don't actually have the power to displace anyone. They have the ability to book 1A/K ahead of time, but come T-72 it's basically a free for all. If you've bagged row 1 at that point then the seat's yours unless BA decide to shuffle things around (but that's very unlikely).
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles:20436959
Originally Posted by Hoch

H

Correct. I believe it is row 5. But in my experience, which has been twice, I was given 1A or 1K. Given because I couldn't change it :-P I think perhaps because NF has not been rolled out across the entire fleet that this happens. I have not flown an all exclusive NF route.

H
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Horris
No, despite what some Golds may believe they don't actually have the power to displace anyone. They have the ability to book 1A/K ahead of time, but come T-72 it's basically a free for all. If you've bagged row 1 at that point then the seat's yours unless BA decide to shuffle things around (but that's very unlikely).
Correct.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: BA, VS, Hilton Honours
I managed to bag 1A at T-72 on my last flight and being a lowly blue
I was worried about being ejected by a gold - but this did not happen and im sure there were a lot more golds in the section that day than low blues. As you could probably spot ny my our grin as it was my fist First

If available just grab it and hopefully it'll be alright on the night
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Puzzled by 1A and 1K Availability

The other thing to mention is that in NF, due to the shape and conversion from 3 to 2 windows, you do lose that rather wonderful forwards view. NF is good in row 1 though when there is no one in the other seat. Don't like row 1 when there's a stranger there though - feels too close.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by badoc
... NF is good in row 1 though when there is no one in the other seat. Don't like row 1 when there's a stranger there though - feels too close.
Very true, I tend to only choose Row 1 if I am travelling with a family member.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by sschwenk
Never really understood why people are so fascinated with 1A/K. The lack of privacy because the seats are so close to each other on the 747 and close to the galley on the 777 has always put me off. I prefer rows 2/3.
I don't think people "are fascinated" with 1A/K, but for those who have never sat there (particularly if you've never flown F) it's fairly understandable why you might want to give it a try, isn't it?

People post about getting SEQ001 for goodness' sake ... and that really is pointless
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad

People post about getting SEQ001 for goodness' sake ... and that really is pointless
No, this is the competitive nature of FTers.

Disclosure:
14 SEQ001s and counting.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! PP, Amex, HH, Tesco etc etc
IA & 1K to YVR bagged at T48! We love the view and best combo for a couple we think. Getting excited now!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
1AK should be reserved for Golds until 72 hours before departure, when they open up for selection by any First passenger (if not already occupied by a Gold, of course).

If all other seats have been taken, however, then a non-Gold would be able to select 1AK before 72 hours before departure.
Why is MMB not allowing me to select 1A/K on a flight for next August, Gold status not withstanding?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by husseinbadr
Why is MMB not allowing me to select 1A/K on a flight for next August, Gold status not withstanding?
Perhaps they're already taken?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:39 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
On a B747, I'd not chooze 1A or 1K, if travelling on my own, nor 4E,4F and 5E,5F.

However, if travelling with my wife, I'd choose 1A,1K, if we're interested in the views, if not 4E and 4F are our ideal seats.

bjorns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.