Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puzzled by 1A and 1K Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
SWMBO and I are now in 1A & K on the 209 to MIA on Thursday.

Looking forward to a nice flight
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
1A/1K reserved for CIV 97 (GGL) and above

Hi

I was told today that 1A/1K are reserved for "GGL and above".

Has anyone heard of this before? Can anyone confirm it?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
Hi

I was told today that 1A/1K are reserved for "GGL and above".

Has anyone heard of this before? Can anyone confirm it?
Simply not true. A Gold can reserve them at any time, unless they have a non-Gold in their booking, in which case it's the same as for everyone else and you can get them at T-72
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:42 pm

To be pedantic, a Gold can get 1A or 1K assigned for his/herself even with a non-Gold on the booking, but they can't book their companion into the other seat until T-72.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bjorns
On a B747, I'd not chooze 1A or 1K, if travelling on my own, nor 4E,4F and 5E,5F.

However, if travelling with my wife, I'd choose 1A,1K, if we're interested in the views, if not 4E and 4F are our ideal seats.

bjorns
Actually I do choose 1A/K when travelling solo. Sometimes (surprisingly often, if fact) you get lucky and the adjacent seat is unoccupied. Then you can spread out, use one seat for relaxing/dining and have your bed made up in the other. It's as close as you'll get to the proverbial 'private jet' recommended to FTers who enjoy their privacy.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Simply not true. A Gold can reserve them at any time, unless they have a non-Gold in their booking, in which case it's the same as for everyone else and you can get them at T-72
I don't disagree, although the source of the information was someone on the GGL team.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
your statement is true when flying alone but when flying as a couple, the proximity of 1A and 1K makes for a nice, cozy environment except for the wardrobe.
And that they face away from each other, and that that they are too far apart to chat without others hearing you. E/F much better for couples.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
To be pedantic, a Gold can get 1A or 1K assigned for his/herself even with a non-Gold on the booking, but they can't book their companion into the other seat until T-72.
This has been my experience as a oneworld Emerald (AA EXP) on my previous BA F bookings (most recently in March 2013). No problem selecting 1A or 1K for myself at the time of booking, but I could only select the other row 1 seat for my BA Silver companion at T-72.

Last edited by benlight; Jul 12, 2013 at 2:21 am
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
And that they face away from each other, and that that they are too far apart to chat without others hearing you. E/F much better for couples.
I don't agree. Yes,E/F is fine for couples, but unless you want to chat all the way, 1A&K also work well for a couple. It is possible to have discreet occasional conversation across the gap.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:40 am

Yes, that's true
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
I don't agree. Yes,E/F is fine for couples, but unless you want to chat all the way, 1A&K also work well for a couple. It is possible to have discreet occasional conversation across the gap.
Or even sit in the buddy seat, well other half does as she fits in better.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Or even sit in the buddy seat, well other half does as she fits in better.
There's not much room for that in 1A/K.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is selection of 1A/1K ONLY possible in MMB? When booking the flights when logged in it recognises status and invites you to choose a seat for free, but then I see they're taken. ExpertFlyer shows they're free along with the whole of the F cabin. So after booking should selection of those be possible?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is selection of 1A/1K ONLY possible in MMB? When booking the flights when logged in it recognises status and invites you to choose a seat for free, but then I see they're taken. ExpertFlyer shows they're free along with the whole of the F cabin. So after booking should selection of those be possible?
Unless you are Gold or OWE, I don't think they are available for selection until OLCI.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Unless you are Gold or OWE, I don't think they are available for selection until OLCI.
I am pretty sure they appear at T-72 hours when all seating choice restrictions are lifted.

GGL can if you ask them nicely sort out a companion with row 1 who is not a Gold. This is the only big seating difference for GGLs in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.