Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do you fly BA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by HMPS
Well you can't knock success ! Or can you because he started so many companies from scratch and competes with BA ?
Not really to do with that. I met him years ago in the flesh and he just comes across a bit creepy to me. Don't know why really, it is just the way he makes me feel, maybe it is his beard, I don't really know why, I can't explain it, it's just something about him that I don't like.

As I said, people seem to really like him or feel the complete opposite! There does not seem to be anything in between.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Not really to do with that. I met him years ago in the flesh and he just comes across a bit creepy to me. Don't know why really, it is just the way he makes me feel, maybe it is his beard, I don't really know why, I can't explain it, it's just something about him that I don't like.

As I said, people seem to really like him or feel the complete opposite! There does not seem to be anything in between.
Fair enough. Been there ! As I grow older and am able to put aside my frames of reference, I do find like able aspects of someone's personality.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Fair enough. Been there ! As I grow older and am able to put aside my frames of reference, I do find like able aspects of someone's personality.
I think that it's perfectly understandable that BA employees would have a dislike of Branson, almost as an instinct.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
But doesn't that promote culture within a company that ultimately shut the management and employees minds ? that is the best time for a competitor to steal a march me thinks.

the US auto manufacturers for a long time disdained / dislike the Japanese makes. They even reverse engineered the comtitive products and build better ones !
The Chinese are making cars but holding back on introducing to US markets because they are studying all brands to bring up their quality so they can hit the highways running in top gear.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I think that it's perfectly understandable that BA employees would have a dislike of Branson, almost as an instinct.
To be honest, a lot of his own staff are not that keen on him!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:58 pm

I think that's very true. When I met him I also found him rather strange, but it may be that he felt very aware that we were BA staff and that left him feeling very guarded. His family were all charming, and that has to say something...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
That's certainly how I felt about Sir Michael Bishop during the extremely brief foray I worked for one of his airlines. Obviously my gut instinct was right. Friends of mine at bmi said when he finally sold out to Lufthansa he didn't so much as leave a goodbye message, just took the money and ran.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
But doesn't that promote culture within a company that ultimately shut the management and employees minds ?
Maybe. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's understandable.

Not surprising, I've only seen him on the telly but I feel that there's something a bit odd about him. I don't think I'd warm to him if I met him.

Can I say here, Littlegirl, that I enjoy your posts on this forum. You put a lot of thought into what you write and you are a great ambassador for your employer.

I hope that BA appreciates you - somehow, I suspect that they do know what a gem they have in you.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:36 am

Not surprising, I've only seen him on the telly but I feel that there's something a bit odd about him. I don't think I'd warm to him if I met him.

Can I say here, Littlegirl, that I enjoy your posts on this forum. You put a lot of thought into what you write and you are a great ambassador for your employer.

I hope that BA appreciates you - somehow, I suspect that they do know what a gem they have in you.
Well that is very kind of you to say.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:42 am

But doesn't that promote culture within a company that ultimately shut the management and employees minds ?

I'm a fan too.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
... back to topic, I fly BA for 2 very simple reasons...

- T5 is the closest airport terminal to my home and has the very calming CCR
- The Moscow route is long haul, meaning that I can buy WT+ seating for reasonable money and it's more than enough for a 3.5 hour flight.

There are some things I would prefer BA to do better, but the 2 points above are no brainers for me!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
I fly BA because of the Corporate negotiated rates it has agreed with my employer. BA is one of a few airlines who have agreed Corporate rates, meaning that on occasion and irrespective of having 4 or 5 options in policy, the fare quote from BA has no competitive alternative. Sometimes the difference can be upward of 1k€. In those cases, BA it is. Other times, I'll choose if it is or not.

Allez

Sim
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
This is really awful, really awful for any airlines to give such service. I do hope that you brought it up to EK.. And I do hope that you post this on the EK forum. I myself will bring it up to EK today and every time I fly them. They need to have better training, please do send them an email. I urge you, they need to train and train their employees.
I did email them. They got back to me saying that they did an investigation and it was discovered that it was a very full flight and the crew were busy. So they didn't have time to look at the call button. the cabin crew will be retrained, etc, etc. I haven't flown with Emirates ever since and so don't know if they have improved. But in early 2012, a blind friend was flying NYC-DXB-BOM and had a similar experience on the DXB-BOM leg although he could get help from passengers next to him. Sadly, a lot of airlines don't do disability sensitivity training properly. In the last couple of weeks, I did 7 flights with American Airlines and they have been a mixed bag. Nothing as bad as that Emirates experience though. But BA cabin crew have been consistently good.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
AA vs BA JFK-LHR

Was just wondering, as a GCH flying JFK-LHR in Economy, what do you think is the better option:

1) AA on the 77W with Main Cabin Extra?
2) BA on the 747

Everything is telling me to avoid AA but the 77W looks very nice and the MCE seats would be more comfortable than a BA Y seat. Am struggling to think of a reason to fly BA other than the chance of an op-up to WTP and the chance of AA swapping equipment. I hear the JFK lounges are nothing special so I’m not sure that matters.

So, is there any reason to fly BA I haven’t thought of?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Was just wondering, as a GCH flying JFK-LHR in Economy, what do you think is the better option:

1) AA on the 77W with Main Cabin Extra?
2) BA on the 747

Everything is telling me to avoid AA but the 77W looks very nice and the MCE seats would be more comfortable than a BA Y seat. Am struggling to think of a reason to fly BA other than the chance of an op-up to WTP and the chance of AA swapping equipment. I hear the JFK lounges are nothing special so I’m not sure that matters.

So, is there any reason to fly BA I haven’t thought of?
1. T5 Arrivals lounge.
2. 77W cabins are so dry. I get a nosebleed almost every time i fly them.
3. Less Americans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.