Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
The LAX-MIA is overnight so arrives next day (unless there's some super expensive option?)
But it departs LAX on the same day.

So what's wrong with this?
MIA-SJU arrives about 9am and the flight back to MIA is around 11:30am the same day
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Search by 'Schedule' and put the MIA-SJU as "Early Morning" and SJU-MIA as "Morning" or even "Noon"

It will then work fine.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Aug 19, 2013 at 8:30 am
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Search by 'Schedule' and put the MIA-SJU as "Early Morning" and SJU-MIA as "Morning" or even "Noon"

It will then work fine.
Thanks that did the trick^
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Ideas please for First US TP Run

Hi all

I've been racking my brains (and all permutations on ITA Matrix) to do my first US TP run as affordably as possible (at c£500) as I need 420 TPs but I keep on drawing blanks. I think my budget and positioning are impossible to accommodate!

I would like to avoid changing my current ticket into the US and so currently I am:
- Flying from the UK into the US East Coast (currently BOS) landing at c.2pm on Sun 8th Dec
- I need to be back at JFK for 10.30pm on 9th Dec.

Any ideas from you bright sparks?!
GD
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Booked it

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
What sort of dates are on offer? I had a quick look but it's coming in closer to £3000. Could be tempted by LCY-JFK our and JFK-LHR on AA 77W coming back
Finally stopped trawling the oneworld schedules, knashing of teeth etc and booked:
FRA-LCY-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-LUX. Cost was £2k and should amount to 1130TP's. Not particularly spectacular, but I need to get to ICN and this is going the otherway round and attaining Gold in the process.
Get to experience BA001 and the new 77W on AA upon return...
I had to book it over the phone as not possible via the website. Not charged for an offline booking, just the £4.50 CC charge.

Now how do I get from HNL-ICN?!

dj
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by djsteve
Finally stopped trawling the oneworld schedules, knashing of teeth etc and booked:
FRA-LCY-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-LUX. Cost was £2k and should amount to 1130TP's. Not particularly spectacular, but I need to get to ICN and this is going the otherway round and attaining Gold in the process.
I had to book it over the phone as not possible via the website. Not charged for an offline booking, just the £4.50 CC charge.

dj
Nice.

HNL-ICN on Hawaian for about GBP 1300 in biz (P). Credit miles to AA to use for positioning your next TP run next year.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

dj
Award tix on JAL?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

dj
sounds like a great trip!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Looking at a HNL/LIH/OGG run from BRU/LUX and trying to squeeze as many points out of it as possible. Can't get the fare to work doing something like BRU-LHR-JFK-MIA-MCO-LAX-HNL, on the outbound.

Anyone managed to do any more exotic routings other than 1 transfer point in the US? Can find IAD-LAX-HNL or MIA-LAX-HNL, but I want to put another sector in there.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by surryson
Looking at a HNL/LIH/OGG run from BRU/LUX and trying to squeeze as many points out of it as possible. Can't get the fare to work doing something like BRU-LHR-JFK-MIA-MCO-LAX-HNL, on the outbound.

Anyone managed to do any more exotic routings other than 1 transfer point in the US? Can find IAD-LAX-HNL or MIA-LAX-HNL, but I want to put another sector in there.
Think there's a limit on transit points in the fare rules, so two intermediate points in US is the limit (same issue I had when trying to do BOS-LAS-LAX). Only 60 TPs though
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Think there's a limit on transit points in the fare rules, so two intermediate points in US is the limit (same issue I had when trying to do BOS-LAS-LAX). Only 60 TPs though
Thanks ^

Found that you can add an IB sector in for very small increase in the fare. BRU-MAD-LHR
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:48 am

Found that you can add an IB sector in for very small increase in the fare. BRU-MAD-LHR
The limitations on routing are in the fare rules and for a BA EU-US trip are typically a maximum or 2 transfers in europe and 2 in the US, e.g. BRU-LHR-ORY-EWR-LAX-HNL for 640 TPs. There is also a maximum permitted mileage (MPM) which may be exceeded by up to 25% but involve a surcharge. And there may also be flight number restrictions, such as disallow BA1-4 to prevent you going on the LCY-JFK flights.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:18 am

Thanks ^

I saw this trick when looking at the DUB/Carribean run. On the return you could go LHR-MAD-DUB for a few extra points if you got the timing right. It only added a couple of quid more. You'd have to be mad to attempt that, utterly mad.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Advice on TP Run and Positioning

Hi,
I am looking for some help for a tier point run from Miami in April 2014.

Scenario
I am attending a wedding in Miami on Sunday 13th April 2014 and would like to take 4 days off work and receive 10 days holiday (Fri 11th to Monday 21st April – Easter included). However, I can take others if required.

Idea
1. Position myself in Miami and go to the wedding
2. Redeem some miles to get from MIA to SJU after the wedding
3. Do a TP run from SJU-MIA-LAX-HNL and return
4. Fly back home from MIA

Questions

1.The TP run in point 3 above is $1,400 for 920 TP’s – is this a good deal or should I wait? I notice a fellow FT’er had a price of £755 albeit different dates.

2.I want to get to MIA in business as cheap as I can but trying to earn TP’s if possible. I have a 241 but recognise this won’t earn me TP’s and at present there is no availability on BA although I could just wait and be patient. I can position myself in Europe and have a lot of spare miles to use if need be. Any ideas for a cheap ticket to MIA in business that will earn me TP’s?

3.I have looked at redeeming Iberia on business as there is some potential dates available I could use. These won’t earn me TP’s I know, but I was thinking the taxes would be cheaper. However Iberia.com is quoting £411 taxes and 100k Avios – I am guessing this is because I have no transactions going through the account as per Raffles University lesson 8?!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Helen
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Helinlouise

Idea
1. Position myself in Miami and go to the wedding
2. Redeem some miles to get from MIA to SJU after the wedding
3. Do a TP run from SJU-MIA-LAX-HNL and return
4. Fly back home from MIA

I have something like this planned. AA has some offers from HEL as follows:

HEL-LHR-MIA-CUR-MIA-JFK-LHR-HEL I/I/I/A/I/I
(80+140+40+40+60+140+80=580) for 1550€ (works via LCY as well)

CUR-MIA-LAX-HNL-LAX-MIA-CUR I/A/A/A/A/I
(40+210+210+210+210+40=920) for about 1100€

This would cover your wedding at MIA and TP run from Curacao. All you need to add is LHR-HEL for positioning, skipping the last segment on return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.