Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by JeremyMuppet
Hmmmm...midway through booking a £270 return to HEL in the hope of a POUG and noticed "no refund on cancellation" (except for the taxes, etc, which is about £90). It's offering me upgrades "as I book" for (an additional) £571 round-trip. Full-fare business is about £400 each way. Might sleep on this option...

Still, it's made me put a number on what I'd pay for this, which is about £500. Funny how your mind works sometimes :-)
Fare rules are irrelevant for this. You can cancel any flight only booking within 24 hours of booking for a full refund without penalty.

This does not apply to holiday (flight + hotel) bookings, or bookings which have been POUGd.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Here's a link to the original discussion - I must say this passed me by earlier in the year, is handy to know it's in place! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-new-rule.html
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Also bear in mind IST, same approach as for HEL - couldn't say if cheaper overall, but looking at the POUG thread my give you a sense
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Cheapest CW flights earning full 280 TP

If I have to do a TP run and assuming that I can't do this in the US with AA, is there a simple way to find out the cheapest CW fair that gives me 280 TP? Let us assume that the destination doesn't matter. Thanks for any inputs.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by blindy
If I have to do a TP run and assuming that I can't do this in the US with AA, is there a simple way to find out the cheapest CW fair that gives me 280 TP? Let us assume that the destination doesn't matter. Thanks for any inputs.
From london you could use the fare explorer / low fare finder – though likely to be over £1k even in a sale. Mid-east fares likely to be best bet - amman, tel aviv, beirut, Cairo etc

(You did say destination didn't matter...)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:33 am

Cancellation

Just looking into the cancellation policy and here it is on the BA website - you can cancel within 24hrs penalty free but you have to call them. Many thanks to all
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Can a better tier point mind than I help me book a flight using these ex-BRU or AMS fares? Flexible on jumping off location, BRU is probably easiest but AMS is the most fun. Want to leave around April 6 and return around April 17. Flexible on both ends by a few days. Want to spend most of the time, including the weekend in LA and a few days in NYC (taking my Dad to Cooperstown). Would like to hit a 380 going to or coming from LA and the CWLCY at one point. What would be the most cost effective way to maximize tier points under those constrictions?

Thanks much for the help if it is offered. I realize this reads like a complicated math question. I am generally finding things that run around 3500USD but I do want to be sure to maximize points because I do not know if I can do another run for Gold next year.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bvaler
Can a better tier point mind than I help me book a flight using these ex-BRU or AMS fares? Flexible on jumping off location, BRU is probably easiest but AMS is the most fun. Want to leave around April 6 and return around April 17. Flexible on both ends by a few days. Want to spend most of the time, including the weekend in LA and a few days in NYC (taking my Dad to Cooperstown). Would like to hit a 380 going to or coming from LA and the CWLCY at one point. What would be the most cost effective way to maximize tier points under those constrictions?

Thanks much for the help if it is offered. I realize this reads like a complicated math question. I am generally finding things that run around 3500USD but I do want to be sure to maximize points because I do not know if I can do another run for Gold next year.
BRU-LHR-LAX (J/I) / JFK-LCY-AMS (I/J), April 6th / 17th for €1,930.71 and 430TP
LAX-MIA-SJU (A/I) any day April for $572 and 250TP
SJU-JFK (I) any day April for $369 and 140TP

That makes roughly $3510 and 820TP. You can increase the number of TP by 210 for no additional cost if you choose 747 to MIA then domestic instead of the 380 to LAX.

For only 60€ more on the TATL, you can extend to HNL/OGG for an extra 210TP, but then you said LAX. HNL-LAX-MIA-SJU would only be $540.

So, if I were you:
BRU-LHR-LAX-HNL (J/I/A) / JFK-LCY-AMS (I/J) for €1,990 and 640TP
HNL-LAX-MIA-SJU (A/A/I) for $540 and 460TP
SJU-JFK (I) for $369 and 140TP
Complete: USD 3,555 and 1240TP
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gold Digger
Hi all

I've been racking my brains (and all permutations on ITA Matrix) to do my first US TP run as affordably as possible (at c£500) as I need 420 TPs but I keep on drawing blanks. I think my budget and positioning are impossible to accommodate!

I would like to avoid changing my current ticket into the US and so currently I am:
- Flying from the UK into the US East Coast (currently BOS) landing at c.2pm on Sun 8th Dec
- I need to be back at JFK for 10.30pm on 9th Dec.

Any ideas from you bright sparks?!
GD
Anyone?

thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Anyone?

thanks in advance!
IMHO not doable in that timeframe with that budget. Sorry.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:27 am

Anyone?

thanks in advance!
For 420 TPs you need to go transcontinental - take a look at flights to las, doubt anything else will come close price wise

And I think it may be difficult for £500 as once you're flying to / from somewhere like NYC the cost goes way up
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Any ideas for a TP run route to Cancun in October or November? Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Any ideas for a TP run route to Cancun in October or November? Thanks
Courtster posted one in sticky - presume you want one from Europe? May still be better doing an ex-EU ticket to SFO and out of LAS and use the one above?

620 TP per Courtster
980 TP on something like XXX-LON-JFK-LAS-SFO/ LAS-MIA-LHR-XXX
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
EWR-LAX on AA

hi - not sure this really qualifies as a tier point run but thought I'd point out that AA are currently offering one way fares in first class between EWR and LAX for $510 on multiple days over the next couple of months (check ITA software). I think this nets 210 tier points as its over 2,000 miles so worth looking into for those looking at a coast-to-coast trip in the near future.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
For 420 TPs you need to go transcontinental - take a look at flights to las, doubt anything else will come close price wise

And I think it may be difficult for £500 as once you're flying to / from somewhere like NYC the cost goes way up
Thanks for your responses lorcancoyle and Tafflyer. I've discovered I can make a change to my ticket so I will explore flying into another destination in the US and starting my TP run from there. I am however constrained with having to be at JFK at 10pm on the Monday (9th Dec) to take an onward flight. I will try and play around some more with ITA Matrix (it's a shame that I can't bag one of those EWR-LAX fares posted by Robsterny).

GD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.