Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JER - BA schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by T8191
And at the same time say where you're going. I want a timetable that says where I'm able to go, as well as when.

"Where can you take me, BA?"
"Where do you want to go?"
"So I have to ask, and then you can say no?"
"Something like that. So where do you want to go, and when?"
"I don't know. Where can you take me?"
"If you input your destination and date, we'll tell you whether you can."
<click> <rant>
http://www.trvlink.com/download/oneworld/oneworld.pdf. All 3,862 pages of it.

http://www.oneworld.com/tools/downloadable-timetables/ has a selection of different apps
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thank you both. I never think of oneWorld, as a BA-only flyer. Grateful - I shall explore.

@Athelete95. Who knows? My flights are 22 May and 13 Jun. Could be something to do with Summer schedules, not necessarily related to JER but wanting an aircraft to use somewhere else?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:05 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
JER - no more evening flights

I see that according to the new summer timetable, from 31 March the last BA JER-LGW flight will now be at 17.20 on weekdays rather than 19.45.

The 18.20 and 19.45 departures are always busy, doubtless because there are lots of people who would like to work a full day in Jersey (and quite a few more who catch the last flight and then stay overnight at LGW for an onward connection). Seems a very curious decision...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The schedules have been in a state of flux for the last month, see also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...y-flights.html

Or as T8191 would say:
But, yes, they have made a right mess of JER/LGW.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jan 18, 2013 at 10:46 am
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
I know this is a little bit OT, but some genius or some group of genii at BA have really made a hash of the timetabling changes - JER is one, PAR (both ORY and CDG) are another. To make matters worse on the PAR routes, one has to leave London much earlier to catch even the last ORY flight, and then for one reason or another they end up departing long after the old time of the last scheduled flights.

If the purchase of BMI was meant to benefit the company, it appears that in the long run, it won't because these foolish changes have come about after the BMI purchase.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

JER schedules are certainly a bit of a mess, and our local rag produced some scrambled bit of reportage a couple of days ago that I couldn't even decipher. But, yes, they have made a right mess of JER/LGW.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Here beginneth the [RANT].
So BA have shuffled the JER schedules for next May. As part of that process, they have renumbered the flights.
Originally we were booked on BA2772 LGW-JER at 1205.
On the new schedule, BA2772 departs at 0900 - the 1205 departure is now called BA2774.
So BA, in their 'wisdom', decided to leave us on the 2772 (which now fails to meet LHR_LGW MCT) instead of leaving us on the 1205 (as booked) but which is now called BA2774.

The same applied on the outbound - we were moved to the new time of the same flight number, instead of being moved to the new flight number at the original departure time!

Does BA think pax are emotionally attached to the number of their flight? Could they consider that it is actually the departure time pax are choosing, and have planned everything else around?
[/RANT]
And yet BA seem to find it impossible to maintain a schedule of sequentially numbered rotations on many routes!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, Jerry ^

Ah, if BA only published timetables instead of requiring dummy bookings

And, indeed, the impact on the Finance Industry guys getting back to The Big Island after a day of work here is significant. I have no doubt that either our Finance or Economic Development Ministers will react to this in May. Possibly.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cant you use this to see the time table

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by origin
cant you use this to see the time table

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Fair comment. I like a nice big table that shows me everything, rather than having to input every route I might be considering.

(PS ... now found where it lurks in BA.com. I may be able to find it again )
Old Jan 18, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have no doubt that either our Finance or Economic Development Ministers will react to this in May. Possibly.
May? Why? Not a very fast reaction?

Surely not Jersey time!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by boadh398
I know this is a little bit OT, but some genius or some group of genii at BA have really made a hash of the timetabling changes - JER is one, PAR (both ORY and CDG) are another. To make matters worse on the PAR routes, one has to leave London much earlier to catch even the last ORY flight, and then for one reason or another they end up departing long after the old time of the last scheduled flights.

If the purchase of BMI was meant to benefit the company, it appears that in the long run, it won't because these foolish changes have come about after the BMI purchase.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
Yup. They have also got rid of the early departure to ORY. Ditto the early evening return from CDG. The new schedule is, for me at least, a real dogs breakfast.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and dropping what happened to those days when I was back and forth to Aus/NZ?)
Originally Posted by bd95
And yet BA seem to find it impossible to maintain a schedule of sequentially numbered rotations on many routes!
April too, they changed my flight to Jer without realising that I was on a PHX flight arriving at 13.15, thus leaving a connection time of 2h40. The thing that bugs me is that I had to phone in to change the flight.
Just another case of 'computer says no'
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and dropping what happened to those days when I was back and forth to Aus/NZ?)
Thanks, Jerry ^

Ah, if BA only published timetables instead of requiring dummy bookings

And, indeed, the impact on the Finance Industry guys getting back to The Big Island after a day of work here is significant. I have no doubt that either our Finance or Economic Development Ministers will react to this in May. Possibly.
My you have faith. Out here in west St Brelade the F and ED ministers are known as Waldorf and Stadler!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JerseyJ
April too, they changed my flight to Jer without realising that I was on a PHX flight arriving at 13.15, thus leaving a connection time of 2h40. The thing that bugs me is that I had to phone in to change the flight.
Just another case of 'computer says no'
Exact same for me in June. It had allowed a 35 min connection from arriving international at LGW to departing to JER... not even sure if you can clear immigration in that 35 mins after the way it has been recently!

Complete mess, all down to those new routes to TFS/BCN/ACE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.