FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to spending Avios [Beta] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1379276-your-guide-spending-avios-beta.html)

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 5:48 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 21216246)
If it was LHR-CMN direct, but as you connect in MAD you are charged per segment as I described.

I would search for availability on each leg individually and if you cannot get it to show up online then call to book.

Its quoting me £96 tax for NCL-LHR-MAD on BA and IB Business. Is that correct? Is there no more RFS on IB?

What if I transfer miles to IB and then book? Will taxes be less?

Wozza2404 Aug 5, 2013 5:56 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21216618)
Its quoting me £96 tax for NCL-LHR-MAD on BA and IB Business. Is that correct? Is there no more RFS on IB?

What if I transfer miles to IB and then book? Will taxes be less?

RFS finished on IB at the start of last month, I believe. :td:

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21216644)

What if I book this through IB miles?

nux Aug 5, 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21216662)
What if I book this through IB miles?

No RFS at all.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/06...ill-ba-follow/

JnsV Aug 5, 2013 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21216594)
Have you tried looking via the availability map?

Click "spending avios"
"explore and check availability"

Then tick the Reward Flight Saver box, the month of travel, and select "Business". Then see what comes up as available.

That does not show anything, not even those flights that I could find in Y using the booking form. And besides that, I would still have to book that CE ticket somehow... I'm not aware of any restriction that would prevent me from booking flights in cabin classes other than Y. Has someone came across this problem?

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 6:23 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 21216699)

:( Thanks.

LupineChemist Aug 5, 2013 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21216644)

I booked an MAD to VCE award ticket in Y and it was €25 in fees for each way. They may not have RFS, but it can be worth it to look anyway.

Wozza2404 Aug 5, 2013 9:22 am

Originally Posted by JnsV (Post 21216728)
That does not show anything, not even those flights that I could find in Y using the booking form. And besides that, I would still have to book that CE ticket somehow... I'm not aware of any restriction that would prevent me from booking flights in cabin classes other than Y. Has someone came across this problem?

Do you have enough Avios in your BAEC account for a return in CE? If not, that may be why you're not seeing anything.

There will be a slider on the "explore and check availability" map which is set at the number of Avios on your account. Move this up to a higher number and see what happens.

onlysuites Aug 5, 2013 9:56 am

On a different note. I refunded a MH flight last week online and they have charged me the following. Is this correct?

Cancel Fee (deducted) GBP 0.00
Channel Fee (Deducted) GBP 40.00
I thought a online cancellation was £25? Or do partner cancellations get charged more?

redshift27 Aug 5, 2013 11:44 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21217963)
On a different note. I refunded a MH flight last week online and they have charged me the following. Is this correct?

I thought a online cancellation was £25? Or do partner cancellations get charged more?

If you are indeed BA Gold the cancellation fee is waived. The channel fee is the extra incurred by phoning as opposed to cancelling on the website - which you say you did not do. Also, I thought (perhaps wrongly) that BA Golds were exempt from this too. It is normally £20 per ticket - was this for two of you?

onlysuites Aug 6, 2013 1:06 am

Originally Posted by redshift27 (Post 21218433)
If you are indeed BA Gold the cancellation fee is waived. The channel fee is the extra incurred by phoning as opposed to cancelling on the website - which you say you did not do. Also, I thought (perhaps wrongly) that BA Golds were exempt from this too. It is normally £20 per ticket - was this for two of you?

Sorry I forgot to mention that this ticket was booked through my partners account who is a silver.

So shall I call them or just email for the refund of the extra £15pp x 3 they charged as we cancelled online.

I thought maybe since it was MH they charge a extra fee.

dsf Aug 6, 2013 1:12 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21222266)
So shall I call them or just email for the refund of the extra £15pp x 3 they charged as we cancelled online.

I was charged £25 to cancel an MH redemption online in June.

onlysuites Aug 6, 2013 1:16 am

Originally Posted by dsf (Post 21222283)
I was charged £25 to cancel an MH redemption online in June.

Cool. Will take this up with BA.

redshift27 Aug 6, 2013 5:28 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21222266)
Sorry I forgot to mention that this ticket was booked through my partners account who is a silver.

If a Silver booked it a cancellation fee would be due I think : £25 per person.

onlysuites Aug 6, 2013 6:21 am

Originally Posted by redshift27 (Post 21222821)
If a Silver booked it a cancellation fee would be due I think : £25 per person.

I wonder why they charged me £40. I am currently travelling, is there a email address for EC or shall I just use the contact us for complaints procedure?

Is there not a specific email for EC?